Author Topic: Drake - Thank Me Later (Discussion)  (Read 2180 times)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: Drake - Thank Me Later (Discussion)
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2010, 03:39:22 AM »
Nice to see majority of dudes in this thread being objective +1 to yall.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Paul

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2010, 07:03:57 AM »
His & Cudi's album are on par.

BoB has the most disappointing release from the freshman.

Wale's album isn't re-memorable.

Is it just me who liked BOB's album and didnt like Cudi's album??
funkyfreshintheflesh

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 08:26:05 AM »
i gave it a quick listen and its way better than i expected....im not a fan of dudes music at all and really just downloaded it outta curiosity...i give dude credit for being introspective alot of the time
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 08:32:31 AM »
so should i bother checking?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Blood$

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2010, 09:03:52 AM »
I gave this a spin last night, here's my thoughts

the ok:

Fireworks (Feat. Alicia Keys)
Over
Show Me A Good Time
Up All Night (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
Unforgettable (Feat. Young Jeezy)
Light Up (Feat. Jay-Z)
Miss Me (Feat. Lil Wayne)
Find Your Love - can't front, this one kinda grew on me for what type of track it is, I HATED it at first
Thank Me Now

the bad:

Karaoke
The Resistance
Fancy (Feat. T.I. & Swizz Beatz)

the ugly:

Shut It Down (Feat. Dream)

I had no expectations for this album so I wasn't disappointed or surprised, but it isn't complete garbage so I'll give it a fair 3/5... my only complaint is Drake's monotone flow and voice and I also don't get the hype with Boi-1da and 40, even Kanye's beats were mediocre

you already know this will sell and go on to be one of the most over-rated albums this year and groupies/dumbasses everywhere will soon be calling this a classic

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »
I thought the album was good. Not terrible.

And I liked Wale's album, one of my favorites from last year. I guess I got bad taste  :'(

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2010, 10:38:59 AM »
Ya. what the hell wrong with Wale? his album was dope as fuck
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 10:43:45 AM »
karaoke and show me a good time have grown on me and they sound dope as fucc now!

whats up with Shut It Down? Dream thought he would tone down the cursing for the final version?

I def think the leaked version was better, Dream was hitting better notes.

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2010, 10:46:44 AM »
Okay now my feedback. I have supported drakes music ever since I heard him on a weezy mixtape, dedication 3 with the track stuntin. Good track btw. Three tracks I only like..

Light It Up; The production grows on you, also jay's verse does too. Pretty nice track, favourite on the album.
Miss Me; Drakes flow is undeniably sweet in this, some great punchlines. Weezy, meh.
Fireworks; Dont like this finished version where Drake sings the first part of the hook, I prefer the unfinished version where its just Alicia.

Dissapointed with it over all. I bought So Far Gone and that had around what, 6-7 tracks? And that is still better than this. Its more of a summer album, especially for the ladies. Not a fan of that singing shit, but you know, life goes on.
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 10:48:43 AM »
Okay now my feedback. I have supported drakes music ever since I heard him on a weezy mixtape, dedication 3 with the track stuntin. Good track btw. Three tracks I only like..

Light It Up; The production grows on you, also jay's verse does too. Pretty nice track, favourite on the album.
Miss Me; Drakes flow is undeniably sweet in this, some great punchlines. Weezy, meh.
Fireworks; Dont like this finished version where Drake sings the first part of the hook, I prefer the unfinished version where its just Alicia.

Dissapointed with it over all. I bought So Far Gone and that had around what, 6-7 tracks? And that is still better than this. Its more of a summer album, especially for the ladies. Not a fan of that singing shit, but you know, life goes on.

so far gone had 17 tracks, you are talking about the ep

Retro

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 12:01:12 PM »
pretty good album, but far from perfect. Sounds like Kanye produced the whole album, it has that 808 and Heartbreak vibe to it.  I think the biggest problem with the album is that it doesn't have any real stand out tracks. All of the songs are very similar, so I am afraid the album might get repetitive fast.

Jaydc

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 12:18:01 PM »

i also liked wales album.It wasnt amazing but it was solid and showed real promised.And probably my favourite track with pharrell in a long time as well as songs like 90210.I also enjoyed bobs album and thought cudis was vastly over rated.

Lunatic

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 12:48:15 PM »

i also liked wales album.It wasnt amazing but it was solid and showed real promised.And probably my favourite track with pharrell in a long time as well as songs like 90210.I also enjoyed bobs album and thought cudis was vastly over rated.
90210 was dope as shit. The joint with Gucci, J Cole, Bun B, etc. Mirrors, Mama Told Me, etc. So many dope tracks.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Quadruple OG

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 03:46:48 PM »
this might be the softest "hip-hop" album I've ever heard. It makes Jodeci's "Show, Hotel, Afterparty" album look like "Straight outta Compton".

SMH at hip-hop cosigning this.

X-NINE

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2010, 04:46:22 PM »
Wale's album was weak....I think he can spit, but he needed to switch his flow up on that album...sounded the same on every track

As for THIS album, I don't give a fuck what a nigga says, this shit is actually enjoyable....It's not on that Food & Liquor exitement tip like I was hoping for, but the album is in a lane of its own, and it works IMO