Author Topic: Good Ass Job:Not the next illmatic?  (Read 828 times)

Matty

Re: Good Ass Job:Not the next illmatic?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 08:20:15 PM »
i'm not counting this off right yet it could actually be good. sinking to the depths of being mocked on south park may have motivated him to make something decent again 8)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »
lol
doubt it

i'm not counting this off right yet it could actually be good. sinking to the depths of being mocked on south park may have motivated him to make something decent again 8)
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 08:25:09 PM »
Its funny kanye gets mocked a lot and some people turn their noses up at the thought of him but he may very well have the best hip hop discography of all time when hes finished.I dont count 808s and heartbreaks in his hip hop discography nor should anyone its an entirely different genre and one off effort.

But for me hes got two classic and one very good album.College droput and graduation to me,are classic.While late registration was very good but had a couple iffy songs.

He really has improved his rapping with every album and I appreciate that.Hes got all the money in the world and all the success and he could easily sit back and just stay on par but he seems to constantly get better.Hes a greaty live performer as well.I remember being moved by his performance at the awards after his mother passed,it was a powerful performance,people had tears on their face after it.Thats the mark of a great artist.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 08:34:37 PM »
he cant touch 50 and 50 has wack albums....not album but albums but 50 will give him a run for his money as many would/will
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 08:37:44 PM »
he should revert back to a more raw sounding hip-hop album instead of going too overboard with the soul sampling and electro. maybe mix up his own production with some premo and dj khalil stuff for example. he was good on 'kinda like a big deal'.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »
I think he's a good writer because he covers his harsh criticism with jokes.  

Basically, he doesn't like Kanye West's as an MC due to his vocals and thinks this new record isn't that great especially since Ye didn't produce it but had to outsource to someone else to try to create sound that he blew up on.  

All of which is more or less true.  Kanye West never had a great flow or has never been a great vocalist.

And, it does say something if Ye has to outsource to someone else to create a beat he's known for creating.  What does it say?  some will say he's losing his ear, others will say something more positive like Ye is becoming more like Just Blaze where he'll get a track and then make it into a hit.

Power is dope but it's no game changer.  

I've liked all of Ye albums, even 808s despite it's self-indulgent denial.

I wouldn't put it past Ye to say that illmatic comment but I'd like to see a source.  

Did you say Kanye created the sound he used in Dropout and Late Registration... man you lose all credibility. The people he "outsourced" his production to are the people that created the sound he uses. He talked greatly about being the new Pete Rock, he used RZA soul based production to bring Jay-Z back up with the Blueprint, his talked about Premo and Q-Tip as his influences. I mean that "outsourcing" is actually paying respect to those that influenced him and who he used to get to where he is. His showing respect to those he borrowed from to get on top, and they are showing respect by producing his album, basically saying, get back to the basics kid.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 08:55:32 PM »
i was thinking about kanye the other day..... i think he could be in my top 5 favourite mcees.

dude kills it with the flow, personality on the record (not in real life), lyrics and of course the beats.

808's was gay but whatever he was going through rough times and maybe just felt like singing?

im always amped to hear new kanye regardless.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2010, 09:03:03 PM »
I think he's a good writer because he covers his harsh criticism with jokes.  

Basically, he doesn't like Kanye West's as an MC due to his vocals and thinks this new record isn't that great especially since Ye didn't produce it but had to outsource to someone else to try to create sound that he blew up on.  

All of which is more or less true.  Kanye West never had a great flow or has never been a great vocalist.

And, it does say something if Ye has to outsource to someone else to create a beat he's known for creating.  What does it say?  some will say he's losing his ear, others will say something more positive like Ye is becoming more like Just Blaze where he'll get a track and then make it into a hit.

Power is dope but it's no game changer.  

I've liked all of Ye albums, even 808s despite it's self-indulgent denial.

I wouldn't put it past Ye to say that illmatic comment but I'd like to see a source.  

Did you say Kanye created the sound he used in Dropout and Late Registration... man you lose all credibility. The people he "outsourced" his production to are the people that created the sound he uses. He talked greatly about being the new Pete Rock, he used RZA soul based production to bring Jay-Z back up with the Blueprint, his talked about Premo and Q-Tip as his influences. I mean that "outsourcing" is actually paying respect to those that influenced him and who he used to get to where he is. His showing respect to those he borrowed from to get on top, and they are showing respect by producing his album, basically saying, get back to the basics kid.

I'm not saying Kanye created that style.  I'm saying he's known for creating beats of that style on both College Dropout & Late Registration as the article referenced.  For the new single POWER he didn't create the beat but he bought it from relatively unknown producer.  Hence, he couldn't come up with a beat himself and found some one else he could.  Some will say he's losing his ear to create a beat while others will say he's just trying a new approach.  Do you follow what I meant?

You misunderstood my argument. 

I wasn't even talking about Premier or Pete Rock.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »
Kanye's a dope emcee, a bit cheesy sometimes with his punchlines, but he progressively gets better with the spitting. The shit he does outside of the music takes away from him as an artist though, makes me like him less.

I've got faith in this album though, Kanyes made 3 rap albums, 1 classic, and 2 near classic in my books. He's always dope on the beats (has he released any wack beats?) and I can dig his flow and style 8/10 of the time. What he needs is someone like Premo or Pete Rock actually Executive Producing the album, they don't even need to make the beats, just give him some guidance with the direction and sound.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 10:30:27 PM »
Is this the same guy who did the other article you posted? He comes across like a whiny bitch again. I get criticism, but this guy is one of the bitchiest critics I've heard. I'll actually be looking forward to it if it sounds like College Dropout.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 10:32:20 PM »
Is this the same guy who did the other article you posted? He comes across like a whiny bitch again. I get criticism, but this guy is one of the bitchiest critics I've heard. I'll actually be looking forward to it if it sounds like College Dropout.

He can be hilarious at times, but duke is just crazy negative about everything

Bananas

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2010, 11:54:04 PM »
I always liked kanye's flow  :-\

Lucifuge

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 12:37:35 AM »
damn.this writer is retarde and dumb.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 12:43:04 AM »
why does anybody read this dude.. he just wants to see Eminem fail out of racism and jealousy.  This is the same type of dude that probably hated Eminem in the Slim Shady LP days, so even if Recovery was on that level (hypothetically) he would still say it sucked.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jaydc

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2010, 01:26:54 AM »
why does anybody read this dude.. he just wants to see Eminem fail out of racism and jealousy.  This is the same type of dude that probably hated Eminem in the Slim Shady LP days, so even if Recovery was on that level (hypothetically) he would still say it sucked.

your an idiot.Hes made plenty of posts praising his albums.Hes not the only person to think em has fallen off and that new single was ass.