Author Topic: [NEW] Eminem - Won't Back Down feat. Pink (Produced by DJ Khalil & Rahki)  (Read 6351 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
i'm failing to see the pop here.

if Eminem said this was a freestyle there would be no complaints, people would say he's flowing his ass off, etc, etc.

but it's an album song & he's not really spitting about anything so it's a problem; fair enough, i guess it is a problem; but be honest, if this was the extended version of that "Despicable" freestyle, it'd be "fire".

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I dunno bro I just don't see it aye. When I think of Pop I think of shit like Justin Beiber, B.E.P., Akon, most hip hop club songs, Britney etc

In my mind this beat just doesn't resonate pop, his other 1st singles for sure they were marketed straight at the pop crowd with bouncy beats, catchy hooks etc, I aint putting that past Em. But to me this is some straight up rap shit with a rockier beat.

I think we got different definitions of pop so sall good homie, stay up

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Honestly, some of y'all shouldn't even comment because you know you don't like Eminem and pretty much never have liked Eminem.

1.  Eminem's flow is insane.
2.  Word play is dope - better than most of the game but not shocking
3.  Content was ehhish.  I've heard worse.  Definitely heard better.

Nothing wrong with the pink feature or the beat.  It does sound like Eminem went up to a mic with a live band and they did it in one take except the chorus which I honestly like.

I have to see how this fits into the album.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I have to see how this fits into the album.

true that.

but also, this is like the complete opposite of "Not Afraid". :P

JohnnyL

Lol.  That "donkey with Parkinson's" line is my favorite line in the song.  Still don't know if I like the overall song or not, though.  I mean, it's not terrible.  And I think Pink worked out fine on the track.  But between this and "Not Afraid," I'm still liking "Not Afraid" way better.  But maybe the song will grow on me.

Prof@ssor

Damn the lyrics look wack written down, doesn't do any justice to his flow

"I gave Bruce Wayne a valium
And said settle your f**king ass down, I'm ready for combat man"

That's some pretty ill word play though, went over my head the first time I read it.

I don't think that lines directed at Mariah though, it seems like its just a line saying hes so dope that he makes people quit rapping

Isn't it funny he said ''Relapse CD was ehh'' while the only difference between Relapse songs and this crap is there is no accent, actually I like Relapse, the beats were hot, fuck a Khalil.

*says with raspy Nas accent: ''Em, you a kid, what you rap about?''*

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn the lyrics look wack written down, doesn't do any justice to his flow

"I gave Bruce Wayne a valium
And said settle your f**king ass down, I'm ready for combat man"

That's some pretty ill word play though, went over my head the first time I read it.

I don't think that lines directed at Mariah though, it seems like its just a line saying hes so dope that he makes people quit rapping

Isn't it funny he said ''Relapse CD was ehh'' while the only difference between Relapse songs and this crap is there is no accent, actually I like Relapse, the beats were hot, fuck a Khalil.

*says with raspy Nas accent: ''Em, you a kid, what you rap about?''*

I never had a problem with Relapse but for real this is Relapse content, minus the accent, minus the dope beats. His flow is still butter though

Jaydc

lol @ nobody being able to dispute what Ive said about the song.Shit is wack kids,its just reality.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
lol @ nobody being able to dispute what Ive said about the song.Shit is wack kids,its just reality.

Because you stated you're opinion people are supposed to dispute you?  So, you're just looking for someone to argue with?  You're coming off pretty retarded right now/

Let's see if I recall your post,

1) DJ Khalil is over rated on the internet
2) The beat is wack
3) The guest feature is pointless
4) Eminem is not focused

1) It's the internet, who isn't overrated?

I'm a fan of his work because

A) it's often completely original, no samples
B) live instrumentation

Who sounds like Khalil?

2) The beat is wack
I'm not sure what people are expecting from the producers and production.  I've been hearing this a lot lately directed towards artists that people don't like.  Drake gets a lot and Eminem has too.  What exactly is dope production?  Is it complex with lots of sounds?

3) There's no real reason to ever have a guest feature.  There's no reason to do anything.  He felt she should be there and so she was.

4) What do you mean? 
Basically, you have these expectations of an artist and if they're not meet you become disappointed.  It's understandable.  I feel that way too sometimes but you got to let go.  You're as much of an authority as me which means nothing.

Like I said some cats shouldn't bother because they already know deep down inside they don't like Eminem or his music.  A lot of it is a matter of opinion so
- Banks

Jaydc

People were defending the choice of pink by saying it was probably a track that needed to be made together or it would sound great.But guess what,its a generic hook that anybody could have done.The pink feature was to spur attention and sales.And while beats are always subjective,the lyrics are trash and that cant be disputed.The lyrics sound exactly like something from relapse and hes talking about doing pills even though the previous song not afraid he basically trashed relapse and said he wouldnt ever do that to his fans again.But this isnt even as good as a relapse song.And I own all of eminems albums so that comment is just lame.This is all stuff that isnt an opinon these are all facts that cant be disputed really.

A few months from now all these people saying this song is good are going to trash it.It was the exact same way with relapse.

Jaydc

But I mean whatever,if people want to force themselves to enjoy this steaming pile of shit,then thats their right.Hopefully the album is great and the two leaked songs are the worst songs on the album.I actually really hope the album is great.I wont comment any further,my karma will get lowered another 30 points from this thread alone lol. 8)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
But I mean whatever,if people want to force themselves to enjoy this steaming pile of shit,then thats their right.Hopefully the album is great and the two leaked songs are the worst songs on the album.I actually really hope the album is great.I wont comment any further,my karma will get lowered another 30 points from this thread alone lol. 8)

My issue with your posts isn't really your analysis or what you like/dislike about the song but it's the authoritative nature you take.  This post I quoted is a great example.  You're telling everyone that enjoys it that they're forcing themselves to like it.  Really?  Don't be such a dick.

I don't know your history with Eminem's music.  All I know is based on the "I'm right and if you don't agree with me, you're wrong" stance you take makes you come off as hater.
- Banks

Jaydc

I just have my opinion and its mine and its what I feel strongly about.Im confident and compassionate about my stances.I always respect those who are similar.I may come off like a dick sometimes,but well,I am a dick sometimes.Its who I am,and Im exactly the same way in real life.I love to debate and I dont really care what anyone thinks of me,I cant be bothered.I enjoy your posts more then 90 percent of the rest of the board because you know what you like and you arent afraid to say it.I cant change who I am,it may put some people off but I could give a fuck.And so,i have people that hate me.Maybe thats why i like Joe budden,were both dicks and we dont care lol.

Lucifuge

More i listinen more i like it. Nothing mind blowing,but crossover record. knockin hard 8)..No one can fuckin with him flow wise..goddamn
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
HOT!!