Author Topic: [NEW] Eminem - Won't Back Down feat. Pink (Produced by DJ Khalil & Rahki)  (Read 6367 times)

ikke

Dr.dre himself disagrees,he said marshal mathers lp was the closest hes ever done to a perfect album.
Music is all subjective, dr.dre says so but we can disagree.
Most hip-hop fans will agree that the chronic is  a top 10 album, and if they don't include the chronic, doggystyle might be in there.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dr.dre himself disagrees,he said marshal mathers lp was the closest hes ever done to a perfect album.

its already been said yeh if dre really thinks mmlp is more perfect that chronic or doggystyle then his ear is going (just look at the beats hes put out in the past few years, not up to standard). imo 2001 was the last album were he had classic beats that i was feelin. anyway everyone has their own opinion, as much as i like eminems old shit, to me its far from perfect.

Jaydc

All I was doing was responding to you saying eminem wouldnt be where he is today without dre.Well,it works two ways because dre wouldnt be where he is today without em.dre left deathrow with nothing and started aftermath.both aftermath releases did modestly well commericially but were pretty much failures musically.Dre is only as good as the musicians he can hire.And in those days he couldnt afford great musicians.His sound was stale and he didnt have an artist on his label that could sell.Its not hard to see why king t never came out that album wasnt very good and would have flopped and it would probably would have been a wrap for dre.Then jimmy iovine brought em to dre and they made history together.They both needed eachother equally.It rejuvenated dres career and brought him into legend status.We wouldnt have had 2001 if not for eminems success.Eminem needed that cosign to be accepted and dre needed someone to rejuvenate him.I just dont buy the over rated talk,hes eminem is an amazing artist and his work stands for itself.But its all subjective.You just cant deny his impact on the game or on dres career.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
nah of course i dont deny his impact on the game, as a FORCE. i just dont think eminems albums stand up to classic shit MUSICALLY, but his impact on the game was huge and he has had some great shit. one of the biggest things to ever happen to hip hop, no doubt. i just think he gets way too much praise (like nas) because his older shit was really good, that no matter what he does people either a) say its amazing no matter how it sounds b)excessively hate on it no matter how it sounds.

thats the trouble when you have a lot of early success.

Jaydc

Im gonna disagree,people critcize nas and eminem A LOT harsher then they do other artists.Look @ encore and relapse people trashed those albums.And when nas drops wack shit the fans are the first ones to call it wack.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeh thats what im saying, option b) people will excessively hate on it anyway (even the big fans)

Jaydc

I think em has been critiqued almost perfectly,his first three albums are great and his last two were sub par.Same with nas,his good albums are called good and his bad ones are called bad.Sure evryones opinion is different but thats the general consensus

Triple OG Rapsodie

I think Em gets criticized because a lot of his stuff is shtick that appeals to 14 year old kids. He can spit no doubt, but a lot of his music doesn't have that longevity. What fans consider his greatest album, the MMLP, was almost all about controversy and shock value. And I loved that album as a kid. I bumped the fuck out of it for about half a year. But I'll be honest and say that I got sick of it and for the longest time I wouldn't even touch it. When he makes songs like 8 Mile, Lose Yourself, Stan, those are classics and that is Eminem at his best. But My Name Is, Real Slim Shady, Kill you, Ass Like That, and aaaaalllll the other songs like that to me are just Em caving in and making songs for little boys to giggle about.

Jaydc

I think thats just his personality,the only thing hes caving into is being himself.

Triple OG Rapsodie

I think thats just his personality,the only thing hes caving into is being himself.

Lol, he's not being himself. Don't tell me you believe in what he says

Jaydc

Have you ever watched interviews with him?Hes a funny,goofy guy.His songs reflect that.Its not some made up image.Nobody makes songs like that to appease to little boys giggling when their considered one of the best rappers of all time and can drop any music they want and it would still sell.

Triple OG Rapsodie

Have you ever watched interviews with him?Hes a funny,goofy guy.His songs reflect that.Its not some made up image.Nobody makes songs like that to appease to little boys giggling when their considered one of the best rappers of all time and can drop any music they want and it would still sell.

He's a goofy guy. Yes. But that doesn't change the fact he makes records to get attention and says things that are bullshit. You were all kids when MMLP came out. You ate up the controversy and shock lyrics like cornflakes. Now he's doing the same thing and people aren't digging it as much. There's the corny accent yes, but there isn't a big difference in the type of music he's making. It's just played out now is all.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I dont like it.. its not musical at all

he fights with the BEAT all song long.. hes off beat the whole entire time like Ras Kass, or Saafir i actually have to sit there and force myself to listen..

i like those Khalil drums, just wish em wouldve tooken a different approach.

just my non biased opinion, comin from a guy who HATED relapse and admittingly enough, em said it wasnt that good but the groupies still loved it. crazy. bishop lamont does something similiar and fans hated that em fans or not lol em's the great white hype lol

Haha, word.  I was thinking about Bishop Lamont's commentary on Crack a Bottle and Relapse in general.  He said it was pretty wack and got a lot of heat.  Eminem more or less says it's not up to par and it's okay.

Bishop Lamont seemed to be the only one in tune with the people
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

Still,that doesnt matter you dont say that about the new single from your label mate thats just stupid keep those comments to yourself.Especially from a small fish in the pond like bishop.Now I love bishop hes one of my favourite artists so dont construe it as hating.You just dont say shit like that about someone on your label when their trying to promote it.Thats like like lil wayne coming out and saying man I aint feeling that new drake single,its wack.Just absurdly stupid.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Still,that doesnt matter you dont say that about the new single from your label mate thats just stupid keep those comments to yourself.Especially from a small fish in the pond like bishop.Now I love bishop hes one of my favourite artists so dont construe it as hating.You just dont say shit like that about someone on your label when their trying to promote it.Thats like like lil wayne coming out and saying man I aint feeling that new drake single,its wack.Just absurdly stupid.

I'm not disagreeing about the politics of it.  Just that Bishop was keeping it real and people hated on him for it when everyone was out of touch with the consumer fanbase.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks