Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13044 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »
Here's some more commentary from someone who does not really enjoy this album.

My issue isn't that he's trying to prove that he is the best in the game. I think he did it perfectly on Forever and Drop The World. My issue is the execution and how it works in the album. It all feels forced. The perfect get up to show how talented he is. It doesn't feel natural.

There's too many moments where it feels like he's making announcements of "Hey, I'm back and I'm really good. Pay attention here" and not enough moments of "Damn, did he just do that!?!!" Too much telling (Hey, guys, I just want to thank my fans...I was high on drugs for Encore, and recovering on Relapse....blah blah blah... i'm back", not enough showing (he showed up on Forever and murdered it.)

The album is such a mix bag of tricks. I'm not disputing his flow or vocal talent. I just don't like the approach he chose. Too many whiny vocal choruses, too many aggressive approach to tracks that should've been toned down. There's just too much, "I don't care what you think but guess what I really do."

What I gathered from this album is that he misses being number 1 because he was high off drugs when he was. Hell, his Proof commentary isn't even memorable. It's more fitting that he admits he can't create a track about Proof then attempting to do so and releasing a half-assed one for the public to jerk off to.

Not Afraid is not dope music like Lose Yourself. Hell, it's not even dope music like Beautiful.

Note:  I thought Relapse was a dope concept album until Eminem admitted it wasn't one.  So, from that perspective it's a complete failure.  It wasn't funny, it was disturbing and sick (which would have made a great metaphor on how serious drug issues are but since it isn't one, it's a complete failure.)

I'm a known defender of Encore because I find it to be genuinely raw and emotional about his life and his career (past, present, and future). 

If I were to summarize this album, I'd say it's got the perfect get up to show why Eminem is supposed to be one of the greats but it's soulless.  I can't feel it which is oddly disappointing because I thought he was going to swing it out the park based on his recent guest features of Forever & Drop the World.  Both of those tracks did everything right that this album didn't.

i don't want to come across too defensive, because i've defended this album throughout the thread, but it sounds like you expected some sort of classic here.

comparing anything on this to "Lose Yourself"? you openly admit you like Encore, but NOTHING on that album, not even anything on The Eminem Show compares to "Lose Yourself"; that's arguably one of his best songs; one of raps best songs.

"Beautiful" is probably better than everything on Encore too.

i agree the Proof tribute track is just weak; i'm very upset i waited years on that.

but other than that, your entire argument against the album is something you can't even physically prove or evaluate, "it's soulless/i can't feel it".

i can understand if you don't like the singing or the aggressive flow, but to say there is no heart in the music, that's purely a personal thing.

& it seems like the other half of complaints (not you Action!) for this album are getting back to what Luna touched on, the lack of Dr. Dre; i honestly feel if the beats were identical to what they are now & it was said that they were all produced by Dre & Dre took "another approach" & experimented with some sounds, the hate on the production & the overall album would be gone.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2010, 08:46:12 PM »
how y'all keep reading everybody's shit on here i'll never understand.

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »

dude plz gtfo!!!
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2010, 08:52:38 PM »

On a side note, dres production on eminems first two albums was brilliant, agree though ever since eminem show, dres work with eminem has not been great at all.

Really? You didn't like Relapse's production? That had to have been one of the best produced rap albums of the decade! Just the way it was so theatrically/dark sounding, all flowing together and just plain sounded miles ahead of everything else to me. And THAT is Dre's new sound by the way, for anyone thinking he's still on all that piano/strings shit.

No sir relapse is not even one of the better produced cds to come out of aftermath and its affiliates camp. I really never understood how some hardcore eminem fans come to that conclusion. I never EVER hear anyone praise the production of relapse past a few people who aint heard nothing past an aftermath shady cd and really, its not even close to the best shit produced in the last decade. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Thats almost an insult to some of the greater shit produced this decade.

The production on relapse is solid, pretty much all the way through and its clean, noone doubts dre as a mixer but the beats on relapse, is just dre remaking beats his done before just either not as good because its been done before. Some of the better production on there like stay wide awake sounds like something that would come out of the obie trice debut/gunit era and before anyone says im hating on it, i loved the beat to stay wide awake. But its not some of the better shit of the decade when dre done did better himself many times over the decade. even other beats like insane, the final joint etc...thats shit he done tried with stat quo already. The production is decent on relapse but the album is garbage and if it was so strong it'd hold the album up still to look pretty decent but it cant even do that. That how i see it anyway. :) Ima huge dre fan by the way but im critical without bias when it comes to any cat.

I see where your coming from and I can respect that, but you gotta keep in mind, I was talking about the production as A WHOLE. There's not really any single track (although an argument could be made for Underground/Deja Vu/Stay Wide Awake) that was just THE SHIT and killed everything out there, it was the production from track 1 to the end, including the skits. It was like, when I was done with that CD, while it did suck because of Em, I was completely blown away by the production. For me, it's hard to name a CD in recent memory with production that I liked that much, and i've heard every major (and most non-major) albums from the past 5 years at least. It seems like every time Dre is the exec. of a cd it is classic or near (and supposeldy he was for this). But leave it to Dre and his team to come up with some crazy shit as usual,my only issue is why he had such little involvment with the actual album here (not talking behind the scenes, executive work). And NO i'm not a biased Dre fan by any means, I do tell it like it is, for example I like the Dre track on here, but really, it's nothing special at all. If, however, it WAS on Relapse, it probably would have fit in perfectly. And it probably was for Relapse 2, meaning Dre had little to no involvement in the creation of this...or did he? Who knows, I guess not.

Now, in terms of the production on this album. After a few listens, I like it more. I take back what I said about Just Blaze & Khalil
s production earlier. Cold Wind Blows is probably my favorite beat, with some of those Khalil ones (track 2 and another one) close up there. I guess when your a producer (I started this past year) you start to understand how hard these beats are actually to make and you gain a HUGE amount of respect for these guys, even the shittiest beats on here are pretty damn good in terms of skill-level.

EDIT - After seeing that pic...Dre was the exec...holy shit!! I don't know though, still seems odd that he would work on something like this, I guess he didn't have that much involvment (see 50 Cent's Curtis), but still, wasn't expecting that at all!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:59:28 PM by Shopping Carts »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2010, 08:54:50 PM »

dude plz gtfo!!!

No bcuz it's not that serious.  it's just music.  we've ALL heard 10000000 Eminem tracks b4 it's nothing new.  Son is either rapping about being depressed, popping pills, Kim, or sticking his dick in a faggots asshole.  wow....   ::)  let's make 100 pages about it from the same six people.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2010, 09:01:37 PM »

dude plz gtfo!!!

No bcuz it's not that serious.  it's just music.  we've ALL heard 10000000 Eminem tracks b4 it's nothing new.  Son is either rapping about being depressed, popping pills, Kim, or sticking his dick in a faggots asshole.  wow....   ::)  let's make 100 pages about it from the same six people.

so you're telling people a "discussion" thread to not discuss?

actually forget just a discussion thread, you're telling people on a Hip Hop message board, that was created to DISCUSS music, to not discuss?

go back to that other forum you found Jaydc on; this guy.

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2010, 09:03:14 PM »

dude plz gtfo!!!

each to his own! i enjoy reading thru the diversity of opinion, the feedback is one of the more intriguing aspects of NEW music.
i agree Em is NOT all that great & mostly his subject matter is mind-numbing, but nevertheless you've stated your opinion &  dislike the thread, it's time for you do yourself a favor & just leave...

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »
1. "Cold Wind Blows" [Prod. By Just Blaze]
2. "Talkin' 2 Myself" (featuring Kobe) [Prod. By DJ Khalil]
3. "On Fire" [Prod. By Mr. Porter]
4. "Won't Back Down" (featuring Pink) [Prod. By DJ Khalil]
5. "W.T.P." [Prod. By DJ Khalil]
6. "Going Through Changes" [Prod. By Emile]
7. "Not Afraid" [Prod. By Boi-1da]
8. "Seduction" [Prod. By Boi-1da]
9. "No Love" (featuring Lil Wayne) [Prod. By Just Blaze]
10. "Space Bound" [Prod. By Jim Jonsin]
11. "Cinderella Man" [Prod. By Just Blaze]
12. "25 to Life" [Prod. By DJ Khalil]
13. "So Bad" [Prod. By Dr. Dre]
14. "Almost Famous" [Prod. By Just Blaze]
15. "Love the Way You Lie" (featuring Rihanna) [Prod. By Alex Da Kid]
16. "You're Never Over" [Prod. By Just Blaze]
17. "Here We Go"(Untitled) [Prod. By Havoc]

Damn Blaze had heaps of different style beats on here

mackinoz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2010, 09:19:15 PM »
the diversity of beats SLIGHTLY of reminds me of those on game's doctors advocate.
quiet a few dre sounding beats.

and...boi 1da's beat for seduction was way better than not afraid

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2010, 09:24:56 PM »
people will always try 2 come at a nigga for speaking that real shit.  lol it works everytime.  y'all really gotta stop lettin this 1st amendment/this is the internet shit cloud y'all judgment.  but ur right tho homie, i'm done.  i just can't stand fakewacknerd shit, it's like i can't help but makes jokes and regulate.  i guess i'm way too real... but don't worry it's not just y'all, the white people and the haters fall victims 9/10 times too so it's ok.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2010, 09:28:12 PM »
Here's some more commentary from someone who does not really enjoy this album.

My issue isn't that he's trying to prove that he is the best in the game. I think he did it perfectly on Forever and Drop The World. My issue is the execution and how it works in the album. It all feels forced. The perfect get up to show how talented he is. It doesn't feel natural.

There's too many moments where it feels like he's making announcements of "Hey, I'm back and I'm really good. Pay attention here" and not enough moments of "Damn, did he just do that!?!!" Too much telling (Hey, guys, I just want to thank my fans...I was high on drugs for Encore, and recovering on Relapse....blah blah blah... i'm back", not enough showing (he showed up on Forever and murdered it.)

The album is such a mix bag of tricks. I'm not disputing his flow or vocal talent. I just don't like the approach he chose. Too many whiny vocal choruses, too many aggressive approach to tracks that should've been toned down. There's just too much, "I don't care what you think but guess what I really do."

What I gathered from this album is that he misses being number 1 because he was high off drugs when he was. Hell, his Proof commentary isn't even memorable. It's more fitting that he admits he can't create a track about Proof then attempting to do so and releasing a half-assed one for the public to jerk off to.

Not Afraid is not dope music like Lose Yourself. Hell, it's not even dope music like Beautiful.

Note:  I thought Relapse was a dope concept album until Eminem admitted it wasn't one.  So, from that perspective it's a complete failure.  It wasn't funny, it was disturbing and sick (which would have made a great metaphor on how serious drug issues are but since it isn't one, it's a complete failure.)

I'm a known defender of Encore because I find it to be genuinely raw and emotional about his life and his career (past, present, and future).  

If I were to summarize this album, I'd say it's got the perfect get up to show why Eminem is supposed to be one of the greats but it's soulless.  I can't feel it which is oddly disappointing because I thought he was going to swing it out the park based on his recent guest features of Forever & Drop the World.  Both of those tracks did everything right that this album didn't.

i don't want to come across too defensive, because i've defended this album throughout the thread, but it sounds like you expected some sort of classic here.

comparing anything on this to "Lose Yourself"? you openly admit you like Encore, but NOTHING on that album, not even anything on The Eminem Show compares to "Lose Yourself"; that's arguably one of his best songs; one of raps best songs.

"Beautiful" is probably better than everything on Encore too.

i agree the Proof tribute track is just weak; i'm very upset i waited years on that.

but other than that, your entire argument against the album is something you can't even physically prove or evaluate, "it's soulless/i can't feel it".

i can understand if you don't like the singing or the aggressive flow, but to say there is no heart in the music, that's purely a personal thing.

& it seems like the other half of complaints (not you Action!) for this album are getting back to what Luna touched on, the lack of Dr. Dre; i honestly feel if the beats were identical to what they are now & it was said that they were all produced by Dre & Dre took "another approach" & experimented with some sounds, the hate on the production & the overall album would be gone.

Cham, I'm not denying that what I don't like the album is something that I can't physically prove.  I'm fully admitting to that.  Hence, that's why I describe it as the perfect get up.  He's got dope, or at the very worst, decent production from the top popular producers today.  He's got the biggest rap star today, Lil Wayne.  He's got huge pop names.  It's dressed up as a classic album.  Eminem even tells us it's supposed to be his ACTUAL come back.  He's telling us but it doesn't feel that way.  It all feels like an act, a way to impress an audience he lost touch with and was disappointed by Relapse.

Encore has soul.  It's him admitting and showing the world he is lost, confused, and disinterested in hip-hop while reflecting on his life.  Recovery is supposed to be his way of showing that it's his true love, he's back in, he's serious but I can't feel it because it's not genuine.  It feels more like an album of him admitting his love for fame and popularity than it is an album of his love for hip-hop.

I chose Lose Yourself cause it's his best track but I could choose a handful of tracks from Eminem Show and Encore that feel more sincere than Recovery.  Hence, why I mentioned Beuatiful.

Look, this thing I'm calling soul or spirit is very real.  It's what makes us love certain tracks and sometimes certain albums from artists.  

Examples:
Reks Bitter

Eminem Run Rabbit Run

Jay-Z Momma Loves Me

I'm not denying it's totally subjective, though I happen to think tracks with more soul and spirit tend to be more popular and appreciated.  Drake's successful is a great example.  

edit:
Though, maybe I'm not quite grasping his thoughts on hip-hop which seem to be more of a "fuck you" i'm through with you but wait I'm the best and I'll diss a bunch of rappers but wait I was stupid to think I should diss rappers.  Like, the album confuses me.  He keeps threatening to diss people but then says it's not what he's about.  I'm just left disinterested.

I've always been impressed by his mic presence so that's not even an issue I have with his ability.  I've noticed he does switch it up on here. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 09:35:01 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »
people will always try 2 come at a nigga for speaking that real shit.  lol it works everytime.  y'all really gotta stop lettin this 1st amendment/this is the internet shit cloud y'all judgment.  but ur right tho homie, i'm done.  i just can't stand fakewacknerd shit, it's like i can't help but makes jokes and regulate.  i guess i'm way too real... but don't worry it's not just y'all, the white people and the haters fall victims 9/10 times too so it's ok.

lol, kinda sorta but not really.  :laugh:

i suspect your seeking some sort of attention in all the wrong places...   :-X

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2010, 09:35:05 PM »

1. Cold Wind Blows - 4/5 'Somethings just dont change' Like the way it starts and the beats real solid. This blaze? Khalil? Eminems first verse is actually pretty shitty. And the hook would be STRAIGHT FIRE if he got a nigga to do it and if he not want a brother on the hook, there even a few white cats with soul out there who could have done that hook for him. i actually think nate dogg would have been perfect for that hook. Oh-ah ah oh - No na na no- Dude sounds like a bitch doing that when that same idea could have been perfect had he got a cat like nate to do it. I know of nates problems but still...lol Nice start to the album still.

2. Talkin' to Myself - 3.75/4 Most overrated joint and hook ever. Joints nice and the beats solid and eminem comes okay. But really...i was expecting some next level shit from kobe when i was hearing y'all speaking of this. Eminem could have done this hook himself and it would have made no difference at all. Aint nothing about it at all. And im sure ive heard this hook before.

3. On Fire - 3/5 Kinda generic beat, sounds like the played out gunit sound. keys go well to it though and eminem not really saying shit but he aint bad at all either. The hook is terrible though.

4. Won't Back Down - 3.5/5 - Eminem kinda pulls off the rock vibe well. Aint my type of joint but dude sounds aggressive on this but i can give him a pass on this because the whole vibe of the joint is aggressive. Dude actually blends in just fine. Only complain i have is of the purpose of pink? She aint doing nothing on the hook. Nothing good, nothing bad. If he got pink on his joint, why not let her spit on the beat and wild out too?

5. W.T.P. - 4/5 Dude got a fire beat on this...Who did this? The drum pattern is straight and its got a nice club vibe to it. Eminem cant really spit to joints like this though. He aint never had rhythm BUT he almost pulls it off on this. Im glad he actually said its a white trash party cuz ima be real. Aint no nigga bumpin this in a club/party but with the hook which eminem pulls off, i guess i can see some white cats wildin out to this. Not bad at all for what it is. Just an eminem track where he tryna have fun. And he pulls it off better than he has in a long ass tme. I kinda think the hook is aite...this strictly remains only on dubcc though lol

6. Going though Changes - 3.5/5 - Might sound harsh because this sounds like some older eminem shit. He sounds focused, its honest and its all solid. BUT theres only so much moaning i can take from a dude. If you depressed, thats fucked up and shit but how many times u gon tell me homeboy? I can only take so much moaning lol and as solid as this joint is and it could easily be an eminem show joint, i just can't take 4-5 mins of eminem moaning about how 'difficult' his life is sometimes. This be one of them moments. Its a solid joint though. I guess its better than raping animals. If your a big eminem fan, i can see y'all liking this.

7. Not Afraid - 3.5/5. Atmospheric background to the beat but the snare really is overboard. Thought it was hella solid at first and it grew got played out quick as fuck. Nice to see eminem try something like this though going the inspirational route rather than the comical one for a change for a first single. Its about tryna be a man too. So not a bad track still.

8. Seduction - 3./5 I like the beat. Its got a nice vibe to it. Kinda chilled and this gone sound shady but a cat like drake could have made a hook for a joint like this memorable possibly. Eminem did it okay though but its not something which i would wanna check again.

9. No Love -  4.5/5 First real stand out joint. Production is daring with the sample but its creative and put together brillaintly with lil wayne and eminem and how it amps up as it gets further in. Dude should release this, its fire. Don't nobody hate on wayne on this by the way, he sounds perfect funnily even on the adilibs. Should make a vid to this! Eminem fully wilds out this too...dude really got his flow on this. Banging!

10. Space Bound - 4./5  This aint a bad at all actually and im not into these sorta joints from eminem with this sound but it goes really well. The drum pattern is nice and it kinda mixes well with the rock vibe. Hook is nice too. Eminems fan i can imagine loving this.

11. Cinderella Man - 3.75/5 - I like the beat and eminem spits nice even if he is kinda screaming over this and its kinda different and again its a nice experiment...Atleast whoever did this is being creative and tryna create good music. Not just a beat.

12. 25 to Life -3.75/5 Gotta strong guitar influence to this and it kinda sounds like something off lil waynes recent rock attempt. Its not bad at all. The beats kinda got some funky shit going on in it and the hook is kinda calm...it kinda goes well on this album...gives you a second to relax lol...

13. So Bad - 2.5  dre still using them horns? For fuckkk sake dre, step the fuck up! The beats nice dont get me wrong, but this shit is the kinda shit dre was making when truth hurts album dropped! Go check the first beat off truthfully speaking! Really dre...I hope you just passing shit like this on cuz you getting some futuristic westcoastt funk saved for detox lol by the way eminem sounds like shit on this...hook is such garbage ..eminem cant pull off a hook like that

14. Almost Famous - 5/5 Best beat on the album. Hooks fire, don't know whos spitting it but the woman pulls it off and its almost kinda funk in a weird poppy sorta way. I aint joking, this shit is HEAT! I was convinced dre did this but i think someone said khalil did this earlier. Hugely impressed, i knew dude was good almost all the time and sometimes really good/great but this is just great music. I love eminems flow on this too.

15. I Love the Way you Lie 3/5 - Rihianna feature but again i don't get it. Is this what he wanted her for? How about letting her be her on a joint if u going to get her instead of for a hook you could have got anyone for kinda like the pink feature. Let her spit if you gon get her! This some generic ass hook he could have got anyone for. Not saying its a bad hook because she sound good but a superstar feature which adds nothing, makes no sense to me on an eminem album.

16. You're Never Over -  2.5/5 i couldnt get to the end because of the hook. lol He could have got carlton off will smith to drop a better hook.

17. Bonus - 3.5/5 - Havoc joint, its got a nice hook, reminds me of something off kill bill lol ;-) and the beats got some crazy shit going on it and eminems spitting nice but its not something im really listening and its not good enough musically as a song to get a pass fully like that either.

Overall!!

I think this is easily eminems best effort in a long long time. Dude actually impressed me on this. He aint the same cat who spit on mmlp and sslp because he was hungry, young and fresh and new back then and everything coming out then was stronger and he was tearing it up back then. And then he dropped albums like encore which sounded so washed up and he sounded completely a new dude on the mic, like fully lost. And then relapse which sound like he was REALLY fucked up. Even if at times he flow was crazy. But on this dude sounds like he has found a flow which fits for him and is able to flow with it to nice lines, like dude aint wilding out to the proportion on relapse and sounds alot fresher than on encore. Im pleasantly impressed. The hooks aint memorable mostly however. He could have done with someone helping him out there but i dont mind him being abit vocal at times in rhyme because it kinda fits his style and this is definately a step up. I dont know who produced the music mostly but the new cats younger and fresher definately gave eminem some new fuel imo and it helped. I aint got no doubt about that whatsoever. I think its a solid cd. Best i heard eminem in AGES. I definately wasnt expecting this and its got some joints i'll check past having as an album like where it goes into my my playlist like almost famous and a few others...

Not bad at all...

I don't know what my scores average out as but i dont really work it like that anyway for me.

For me its somewhere between a 7-8/10 album. In todays market in whats coming out in shops as albums, this is pretty solid.

Congrats to eminem to stepping up lol

Oh and on a side note...lmao@virtuoso and dre day lol :D ''even lyrical g likes it'' haha...y'all aint the only ones suprised!

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2010, 09:43:36 PM »
Listening now, got no expectations.

kemizt

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:40 PM »

lol, kinda sorta but not really.  :laugh:

i suspect your seeking some sort of attention in all the wrong places...   :-X

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when will people realize that everytime somebody says something on the internet ITS NOT 4 ATTENTION.  I already KNOW i'ma get attention 4 whatever i say on here especially regardless so that attention seeking this doesn't apply to me, i wouldn't give a fuck if it didn't.  i mean c'mon now we're 9 pages deep on this album which is supposidly AVERAGE or Horrible.  get tha fuck over tha fact that it's Eminem already.  Y'all stay pressing the issue and worried about what ChamillitaryClick thinks or whoever thinks when it doesn't even fuckin' matter in the 1st place, it's really all up 2 u.  The shit just makes y'all look like a buncha lonely bastards and not like some HipHop know-it-alls or whatever tha fuck y'all r aiming for in the 1st place.  AHHHHH!!! lol, it's an ok album by a barely more than ok Rapper who may be the 1st of his kind really but tha album and artist isn't anything special.  Say what u want about Eminem but if it wasn't for the FACT that he's white and on a SUPER MAJOR LABEL he wouldn't be anything this attention worthy.  Hate it or not it's the truth, agree with me or not it's the truth.  He'll get his buzz and accolades no matter what (and i'll ALWAYS give him his props) but really tho he's nothing special anymore.  

He lost his shock value/uniqueness when Encore dropped, matter of fact i'll give him a pas on Encore, he lost his Attention-Value when he dropped that SlimShadyCompilation.  if u know HipHop like i know HipHop and don't base shit all around who somebody is then you'll know what i'm talking about.  me personally i don't give a fuck about who a rapper is or what they accomplish, i base my shit off facts and skills, not bcuz they're some huge superstar.  I would call Pac's shit like it was if the nigga was still droppin' records.  i ain't hatin' or 1 of those super analitical/judgment muthafuckaz (in a way i guess i am but i'm not) i just call it like i see it, whether everybody agrees or not.  it's my opinion but i MAKE SURE my opinion bares mostly truth to it, i know how opinions and people can be so I keep that in my mind EVERYTIME i write something.

Eminem is old dog, he's nobody or ever was anybody to keep up with like a Mobb Deep or a whoever would fall in that category.  He was the shit when he 1st came out but everything he's been dropping this past couple of years is nothing I'll be playing 10-20 years from now.  Maybe some of the shit he did back in the 97-03 time frame but nothing new.  No matter how long it's gonna be since after he dropped it that shit still won't change my mind.  NONE of this shit is like Wine, maybe a couple tracks r (maybe) but that's it.  I'm not generalizing or being nieve or biased but like i said i gotta call it like i see.  there's nothing that makes me wanna play the shit over and over again.  i haven't even listened to Relapse since last summer.  i've heard some of it in between times playing some songs on youtube but that's it.  Eminem isn't anything special anymore, there's a some white boys out there that can compete with him.