Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13034 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2010, 09:51:58 PM »
people will always try 2 come at a nigga for speaking that real shit.  lol it works everytime.  y'all really gotta stop lettin this 1st amendment/this is the internet shit cloud y'all judgment.  but ur right tho homie, i'm done.  i just can't stand fakewacknerd shit, it's like i can't help but makes jokes and regulate.  i guess i'm way too real... but don't worry it's not just y'all, the white people and the haters fall victims 9/10 times too so it's ok.

lol, kinda sorta but not really.  :laugh:

i suspect your seeking some sort of attention in all the wrong places...   :-X

Ignore him, Radiotube is just trolling.

kemizt

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »
Oh and i just realised the production credits list, dj khalil did his thing but just blaze, the best producer and most rounded producer on the cd no question about it right now imo.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2010, 10:15:16 PM »
Damn Action I agree with your perspective of this album but awfully hard to give you credit when you say you praised relapse until eminem himself said it sucks so now you think its a failure too. You changing your opinion on a album just cause another man says its not good?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2010, 10:20:28 PM »
LOL @ the DubCC mods tryna play me and delete my post and try 2 shut me out.  that's a big LMAO! (a badge of honor really) but fact remains "K.Dub" if i'm only trolling then you're folding.  Eminem is corny now, get over it and stop over analyzing the shit.  face it, he's just not that great anymore no matter how tight he puts his words together.  Even Pac would've gotten to this status 1 day, shiiit, look at Dr. Dre, for every "praise Dr. Dre reply/thread" u get there's always 3 more "fuck Dr. Dre threads" u get.  don't get mad at me bcuz i'm not a groupie.  

watch me get banned for keepin it "g"  :P  like i said not everybody is looking 4 attention.  i could care less about y'all, y'all take y'allselves way too serious if u think that I actually do care LOL!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:23:19 PM by LaMilton Taeshawn »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2010, 10:25:39 PM »
Damn Action I agree with your perspective of this album but awfully hard to give you credit when you say you praised relapse until eminem himself said it sucks so now you think its a failure too. You changing your opinion on a album just cause another man says its not good?

It's not that Eminem said Relapse sucks.  It's that he said it was a way of telling jokes.  He said that was his sole intent.  Okay?  I viewed it as a concept album.  I clearly didn't understand his objective in creating the music.  So, in that respect, it's a complete failure and I can't enjoy (from the perspective of a concept album) because the original artist (eminem) never intended it to be that.  

Basically, my interpretation of his music was wrong and I'm not afraid to admit that.  Therefore, knowing his intent with the music changes my perspective and I have to re-evaluate it.  

Eminem also dismissed Encore as him being on drugs but he didn't come out and do a take back or explain his intent when creating it like he did with Relapse.

That's why it's often best that artists don't comment on their work and leave it open to interpretation.  

Edit:
And, it's not just some other man.  It's the ARTIST who created the ART.  I think most people would reflect differently on art if artist explained why and the objective of their art.  Imagine if Drake came out and said he's gay.  People would re-evaluate Best I Ever Had. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:27:27 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #200 on: June 08, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »
LOL @ the DubCC mods tryna play me and delete my post and try 2 shut me out.  that's a big LMAO! (a badge of honor really) but fact remains "K.Dub" if i'm only trolling then you're folding.

I haven't altered one of your posts in this thread and that's a fact.

Anyway, back to topic, what the fuck is that beat and sample on No Love?! Shit like that makes me throw up, haha.

kemizt

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2010, 10:35:58 PM »
By the way Cham, i know you're a huge eminem fan and i been shitting on your hero for a long ass time for real reasons past 'hating!' but yo...you gotta be suprised at my review  ;)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #202 on: June 08, 2010, 10:44:09 PM »
lol @ K."Dubb"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2010, 10:57:48 PM »
Anyway, back to topic, what the fuck is that beat and sample on No Love?! Shit like that makes me throw up, haha.

Just listened to that song. Why in god's name would anyone want to sample What is Love? That's one of those songs from the 90s that no one is supposed to bring up ever again. Damn now I'm remembering all those other crappy technoish "dance" tracks that came out around the same time. There were a fuck load of them. Just Blaze takes a major L for this one. Next he's going to sample La Bouche (look them up at your own risk)

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #204 on: June 08, 2010, 11:08:53 PM »
That's why it's often best that artists don't comment on their work and leave it open to interpretation.  

good point hommie!
i totally agree that's a pivotal point in regards to the public perception of Relapse through what Eminem say about it himself.
when Relapse dropped i followed it mainly for the sake of Dr. Dre's heavy presence on that album. even then i really couldn't complain too much about what Em did to it.
but certainly in retrospect I've come to the conclusion that for the most part the album was vocally botched by Em... too many wack accents & repetitive subject matter that was only spruced w/ interesting word-play & metaphors that came in every now & then. but nevertheless that album could've been on some MMLP status.

imo Recovery is an 8 out of 10 and i say eight cuz surprisingly the production was pretty much :o through out the album, despite the lack of Dre.  to be honest i was expecting an album on the production scale of Relapse but instead of accents we'd get a sober/clearer Eminem spitting hard. instead we get Recovery which is okay, definitely not what i wanted.

this is a little off topic but since Em is shitting on Relapse, wouldn't that prompt a release of an official Instrumental album, as to not let it's work or existence go to waste completely in vain?
beside we need more LOSSLESS OFFICIAL  INSTRUMENTALS to listen to in our super expensive Beats By Dr. Dre Headphones, right? lol  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 11:12:41 PM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #205 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:08 PM »

Just listened to that song. Why in god's name would anyone want to sample What is Love? That's one of those songs from the 90s that no one is supposed to bring up ever again. Damn now I'm remembering all those other crappy technoish "dance" tracks that came out around the same time. There were a fuck load of them. Just Blaze takes a major L for this one. Next he's going to sample La Bouche (look them up at your own risk)

Exactly, Eurodance should stay back in the 90's. Fuck that shit.

kemizt

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #206 on: June 08, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
this is a little off topic but since Em is shitting on Relapse, wouldn't that prompt a release of an official Instrumental album, as to not let it's work or existence go to waste completely in vain?
beside we need more LOSSLESS OFFICIAL  INSTRUMENTALS to listen to in our super expensive Beats By Dr. Dre Headphones, right? lol  :laugh:

Even better, he should take the Relapse instrumentals and record a new album with them, this time putting some effort into it.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #207 on: June 08, 2010, 11:35:41 PM »

Even better, he should take the Relapse instrumentals and record a new album with them, this time putting some effort into it.

Good idea.

kemizt

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #208 on: June 08, 2010, 11:43:09 PM »

Good idea.

:D :laugh: Fuck Yeah, Real Talk!

8)
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #209 on: June 09, 2010, 01:51:52 AM »
Eminem is corny now, get over it and stop over analyzing the shit.  face it, he's just not that great anymore no matter how tight he puts his words together.  Even Pac would've gotten to this status 1 day

word. i know there are some folks who like it and thats cool, but i get the impression a lot of folks arleady decide theyre going to like the new eminem album before they even hear it just cause they a fan.

i had high hopes for this album because of a) the production credits and b) em sayin relapse sucked and this is his real 'comeback'.  but im willing to admit em is tired now and he just doesnt have it. its like those guitar players that have a lot of skill, they can  play really fast etc. but can those fuckers right a good song anymore? no. and its just like em. em has the talent but he doesnt have the fire or the ability to make a good album anymore.