Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13033 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2010, 05:39:17 PM »
This album is a MAJOR GROWER, like I expected after the first few spins. If you havent listened to it more than 5 times and like Eminem, I strongly advise you to listen to it at least twice as much. You will not regret it. It's a grower.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »
rapsodie...what has bep made that was dope for the streets to like?
come on g...they make radio muzik

Lol that proves his point. He said noone ever refers to BEP as West Coast because they make radio music and not gangster rap. They fact they don't make music that's "dope for the streets to like" and despite the fact they make pop rap, at the end of the day, they are the biggest West Coast Rap group right now

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2010, 06:11:33 PM »
This album is a MAJOR GROWER, like I expected after the first few spins. If you havent listened to it more than 5 times and like Eminem, I strongly advise you to listen to it at least twice as much. You will not regret it. It's a grower.

If you hear something enough times, you'll begin to like it..  That's how radio works!!!!!!!  Stay strong, don't make yourself like something just because it's a big name and a big hype!

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »
after a whole day in the whip i truly love this shit and feel that Eminem has found his way back. real lyrics and emotion and truly well-rounded musically.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2010, 06:24:29 PM »

If you hear something enough times, you'll begin to like it..  That's how radio works!!!!!!!  Stay strong, don't make yourself like something just because it's a big name and a big hype!

lol you're so educated and smart
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2010, 06:26:04 PM »
stand out tracks to me:

talkin 2 myself

love the way you lie

spacebound

going through changes

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2010, 06:55:07 PM »
rapsodie...what has bep made that was dope for the streets to like?
come on g...they make radio muzik

Lol that proves his point. He said noone ever refers to BEP as West Coast because they make radio music and not gangster rap. They fact they don't make music that's "dope for the streets to like" and despite the fact they make pop rap, at the end of the day, they are the biggest West Coast Rap group right now

Hahah, exactly. What's funny is the majority of the people here are from Europe yet they only want to hear from rappers talking about the high crime rate in parts of California.

But about Black Eyed Peas....they may be more pop now but their early shit was dope. And Will I Am has some dope solo albums. But then again you still might not feel it since its not about "the streets." What I don't get is why hip hop has to be about "the streets" for you to listen to it. No other music genre has any rules like that.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:05:29 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2010, 06:58:13 PM »
The west gets pidgeon-holed to the point where anyone not spitting that gangsta shit is overlooked.

That's not true, whenever I hear a new artist I don't care where he's from, if he's spitting nice I'll fuck with him.

I am not overlooking the fact that alot of good artists have emerged from the West in the past couple of years.  While it is surprising, it still pales in comparison to the number of artists of this caliber that are coming out of the Eastern area..  Just the way it is..

For the longest time I Thought Alchemist was from the East...  Just by listening to his style of production.  

Maybe not you specifically, but definitely overall. You'd have to be blind to overlook how gangsta shit dominates this forum. Whenever someone posts something by an alternative rapper it gets overlooked, while all the Death Row or Crooked I threads have pages and pages of responses. How many non-gangsta west coast rappers have you even checked for this year?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 07:07:10 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2010, 07:24:57 PM »
there's like 20 people who actively post on this forum, get over it already.  look at this thread

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2010, 08:00:52 PM »
This albums pretty dope! I aint frontin, im still checkin this shit!

Oh and about the westcoast, its true, its been steriotyped to the point that if it aint gangsta, it aint west. Lets be real. If you all are past that stage, thats dope but in general, if u a westcoast rapper...usually gangsta needs to be put inbetween the westcoast and rapper part ;-)

There are dope gansta rappers out there though and dope more lyrical rappers out on the westside but yo lets be real...gangsta or not, the likes of bishop lamont was nothing special at all.

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »
I just listened to 'Fack' and enjoyed it more than 85% of the recovery album. What a huge dissapointment this album was. This coming from a huge eminem fan too  :-\
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2010, 09:30:03 PM »
I just listened to 'Fack' and enjoyed it more than 85% of the recovery album. What a huge dissapointment this album was. This coming from a huge eminem fan too  :-\

From what I remember of Fack it was a contender for the worst eminem song ever maybe?

Just saw these production credits on Semtex's website, a little different to the other ones I've seen.

1. Cold Wind Blows- Just Blaze
2. Talkin’ 2 Myself Feat. Kobe- DJ Khalil
3. On Fire- Mr. Porter
4. Won’t Back Down Feat. P!nk – DJ Khalil
5. W.T.P.- Supa Dups
6. Going Through Changes- Emile Haynie
7. Not Afraid- Boi 1da
8. Seduction- Boi 1da
9. No Love Feat. Lil Wayne- Just Blaze
10. Space Bound- Jim Jonsin
11. Cinderella Man- Script Shepherd
12. 25 To Life- DJ Khalil
13. So Bad- Dr. Dre & Nick Brongers
14. Almost Famous- DJ Khalil
15. Love the Way You Lie- Alex Da Kid
16. You’re Never Over- Just Blaze
Untitled- Havoc

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »
very disapointed. relapse is WAY BETTER!

this is worse then Encore to me.

Jaydc

« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »
So theirs a rumour going around that their will be a 12 track second disc as a digital download with tracks ft slaughterhouse,50 cent,cashis and d12.Dont know if theirs any truth to it but its being reported at a few places.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
Unlikely but would be cool if that happened.  If true most likely a collection of recent recordings from Relapse & Recovery.  50 said he didn't record for Recovery but he did for Relapse.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks