Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13281 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #255 on: June 09, 2010, 11:53:59 PM »
So theirs a rumour going around that their will be a 12 track second disc as a digital download with tracks ft slaughterhouse,50 cent,cashis and d12.Dont know if theirs any truth to it but its being reported at a few places.

Interesting.  Where did you hear this?  It would be great if it were true.  Usually Eminem albums come out in some kind of deluxe edition with at least a couple bonus tracks, so it wouldn't surprise me if something like this was true.  Especially since he did nearly the same thing with "Refill."  I had been looking on amazon.com and some of the online music stores for listings that included bonus tracks, but so far hadn't found anything.  It's still a couple weeks until it officially drops though, so you never know.

MediumL

« Reply #256 on: June 09, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »
Hmm just listening to it now. The beats are alright but Ems singing is annoying as his voice is some high pitched shit for little girls to sing along to. The Rihanna song was surprisingly not that bad. Better than the Pink track.

Something about Em's rapping is kinda annoying. Mabe the fact he's shouting lyrics down the mic and the overuse of multiple rhymes. Shit sounds like a Dipset record where they just rhyme random words in quick succession and retards think thats amazing.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #257 on: June 10, 2010, 12:35:36 AM »
Saw this tracklist floating around on a few different hip hop sites. It seems that if you go to Fye.com, Best Buy.com and even Amazon.com, when you type in "Eminem Recovery", the original CD comes up, plus some sort of second release which is slated for sometime in July, with the description of "2 Disc LP Set" or something like that. Some people are saying its a Vinyl release, which would explain why it would be a 2 Disc set, since you can not fit as much music on Vinyl as you can on a regular CD, hence it being a 2 Disc Vinyl set, but who knows. Nobody seems to know the source of the tracklist below, so it could be completely fake, or real!
Smiley

1. Again
2. Despite Them Feat. Cashis
3. T.M.I.
4. Don't Look Back
5. Outta The Park Feat. 50 Cent
6. Bait Feat. Slaughterhouse
7. Look For Cars
8. Rewind & Pause
9. Beggin' You Feat. Hayley Williams
10. Love/Hate
11. Perfection (Bonus Track)
12. Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Bonus Track) Feat. D12

Also, some people are saying they heard that this so-called "2nd Disc" to Recovery will be a digital release. Someone on the Eminem.com forums posted this same tracklist and states that he knows somebody that works at Interscope, blah blah. Who knows, we can dream and hope this comes out! And one more thing that makes me believe this is the fact that Ca$his stated before Recovery leaked or anything, that he made it on a track for the album, yet, he is not a feature on the leaked album that just dropped. Plus, it is also very odd that Em did not have a 50 or D12 feature on Recovery either, so I'm kinda believing this tracklist a little.

Tracklist looks fake I guess, but lets wait and see.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:37:24 AM by Episcop Cruel Cvrle »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #258 on: June 10, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »
The west gets pidgeon-holed to the point where anyone not spitting that gangsta shit is overlooked.

That's not true, whenever I hear a new artist I don't care where he's from, if he's spitting nice I'll fuck with him.

I am not overlooking the fact that alot of good artists have emerged from the West in the past couple of years.  While it is surprising, it still pales in comparison to the number of artists of this caliber that are coming out of the Eastern area..  Just the way it is..

For the longest time I Thought Alchemist was from the East...  Just by listening to his style of production.  

Maybe not you specifically, but definitely overall. You'd have to be blind to overlook how gangsta shit dominates this forum. Whenever someone posts something by an alternative rapper it gets overlooked, while all the Death Row or Crooked I threads have pages and pages of responses. How many non-gangsta west coast rappers have you even checked for this year?

I will check for Malone, Hopsin, Young Dre, Murs, Ya Boy, Crook, Aceyalone..  That's about it really..  And I would say only about half the shit I hear from them, I like...  Cuz half their songs are just total Gangsta shit, which I'm not into at all..  (Murs Ace Hopsin excluded)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #259 on: June 10, 2010, 02:57:54 AM »
The west gets pidgeon-holed to the point where anyone not spitting that gangsta shit is overlooked.

That's not true, whenever I hear a new artist I don't care where he's from, if he's spitting nice I'll fuck with him.

I am not overlooking the fact that alot of good artists have emerged from the West in the past couple of years.  While it is surprising, it still pales in comparison to the number of artists of this caliber that are coming out of the Eastern area..  Just the way it is..

For the longest time I Thought Alchemist was from the East...  Just by listening to his style of production.  

Maybe not you specifically, but definitely overall. You'd have to be blind to overlook how gangsta shit dominates this forum. Whenever someone posts something by an alternative rapper it gets overlooked, while all the Death Row or Crooked I threads have pages and pages of responses. How many non-gangsta west coast rappers have you even checked for this year?

I will check for Malone, Hopsin, Young Dre, Murs, Ya Boy, Crook, Aceyalone..  That's about it really..  And I would say only about half the shit I hear from them, I like...  Cuz half their songs are just total Gangsta shit, which I'm not into at all..  (Murs Ace Hopsin excluded)

But aside from Ace and MURS that's all gangsta shit. The west coast is so much deeper than that. There's way more than them two. I'm not saying there's as big as a scene as in New York. But its still quite a big scene, only problem is most of it is very low key, even on sites like this that are supposedly dedicated to everything west coast. I didn't hear a peep from dubcc when Aceyalone's last album dropped.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:02:47 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Jay_J

« Reply #260 on: June 10, 2010, 03:37:01 AM »
Cold Wind Blows 3.5/5

Talking to Myself 4.5/5

On Fire 3/5

Won't Back Down 4/5

WTP - 4/5

Going Through Changes 5/5

Not Afraid 4.5/5

Seduction 3.5/5

No Love 4.5/5

Space Bound 4.5/5

Cinderella Man 4/5

25 To Life 4.5/5

So Bad 2.5/5

Almost Famous 4.5/5

Love The Way You Lie 4/5

You're Never Over 3/5

This is a great album, yes there are some corny moments on here, particularly the singing but a lot of the time it blends well enough. The exception to that is You're Never Over could have been a terrific song had it been for the awful singing on it. So Bad is the same old, same old dre production, and the song is not in the least bit inspiring. On Fire is okay but was a little disappointing but the rest for me ranges between good to very very good.

Just my opinion but fuck it, as for wanting it to sound good, of course I wanted it to sound good but the first time I heard this I realised damn I really like this. There are some songs in here not employing that deep insistent intense flow, but actually shit, at least he adds some emotion to his voice, so many rappers just rap with one voice.
To me this is the window into Eminem's mind, introspection is what keeps me captivated, I don't think it's contrived, it's too personal to be contrived
Anyways that's just my opinion and i will try and let it lie now lol

1)please don't rate an album next time
2)please don't even try to comment about eminem
if you like "space bound" and don't like "so bad"
3)please listen somebody else

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #261 on: June 10, 2010, 06:07:48 AM »
Cold Wind Blows 3.5/5

Talking to Myself 4.5/5

On Fire 3/5

Won't Back Down 4/5

WTP - 4/5

Not Afraid 4.5/5

Seduction 3.5/5

No Love 4.5/5

Space Bound 4.5/5

Cinderella Man 4/5

25 To Life 4.5/5

So Bad 2.5/5

Almost Famous 4.5/5

Love The Way You Lie 4/5

You're Never Over 3/5

This is a great album, yes there are some corny moments on here, particularly the singing but a lot of the time it blends well enough. The exception to that is You're Never Over could have been a terrific song had it been for the awful singing on it. So Bad is the same old, same old dre production, and the song is not in the least bit inspiring. On Fire is okay but was a little disappointing but the rest for me ranges between good to very very good.

Just my opinion but fuck it, as for wanting it to sound good, of course I wanted it to sound good but the first time I heard this I realised damn I really like this. There are some songs in here not employing that deep insistent intense flow, but actually shit, at least he adds some emotion to his voice, so many rappers just rap with one voice.
To me this is the window into Eminem's mind, introspection is what keeps me captivated, I don't think it's contrived, it's too personal to be contrived

1) Please don't comment on anything untill you have more than 1 braincell
2) Please don't pretend you're the messurement of great taste when all opinions are SUBJECTIVE
3) Please go and hang yourself

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #262 on: June 10, 2010, 06:08:22 AM »
 ;D

JohnnyL

« Reply #263 on: June 10, 2010, 07:15:47 AM »
Saw this tracklist floating around on a few different hip hop sites. It seems that if you go to Fye.com, Best Buy.com and even Amazon.com, when you type in "Eminem Recovery", the original CD comes up, plus some sort of second release which is slated for sometime in July, with the description of "2 Disc LP Set" or something like that. Some people are saying its a Vinyl release, which would explain why it would be a 2 Disc set, since you can not fit as much music on Vinyl as you can on a regular CD, hence it being a 2 Disc Vinyl set, but who knows. Nobody seems to know the source of the tracklist below, so it could be completely fake, or real!
Smiley

1. Again
2. Despite Them Feat. Cashis
3. T.M.I.
4. Don't Look Back
5. Outta The Park Feat. 50 Cent
6. Bait Feat. Slaughterhouse
7. Look For Cars
8. Rewind & Pause
9. Beggin' You Feat. Hayley Williams
10. Love/Hate
11. Perfection (Bonus Track)
12. Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Bonus Track) Feat. D12

Also, some people are saying they heard that this so-called "2nd Disc" to Recovery will be a digital release. Someone on the Eminem.com forums posted this same tracklist and states that he knows somebody that works at Interscope, blah blah. Who knows, we can dream and hope this comes out! And one more thing that makes me believe this is the fact that Ca$his stated before Recovery leaked or anything, that he made it on a track for the album, yet, he is not a feature on the leaked album that just dropped. Plus, it is also very odd that Em did not have a 50 or D12 feature on Recovery either, so I'm kinda believing this tracklist a little.

Tracklist looks fake I guess, but lets wait and see.

Well, I've seen that "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" track with D12 actually mentioned by name, before.  So it would seem that if this is fake, someone was at least paying enough attention to  make the track list look real.  I agree though, that this could just be a case of someone having too much time on their hands.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #264 on: June 10, 2010, 07:16:00 AM »
Anyone saying this is worse than Relapse is

1) crazy
2) In love with Dr. Dre beats
3) On Dr. Dre's dick
4) see options 2 & 3

^^This right there.

Encore and relapse aint even close to this album, its not even comparable. From Eminems form to his subject matter, shits on another level compared to his two previois efforts. Even he knows it so confidently that he admits to it on i think 'talking to myself' when speaking of his last two albums, he knows his new album is easily a step up from his previous wack shit.

This i can listen....encore and relapse will never get spins from me

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #265 on: June 10, 2010, 07:26:22 AM »
Really good album, I bump it all the time lately,its still 7.5-8/10 for me, anyway...you know how mixtapes sometimes get released tagless version, Eminem should release this for after few months SINGINGLESS version, give the album another dimension :)

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

Jay_J

« Reply #266 on: June 10, 2010, 08:21:05 AM »
Cold Wind Blows 3.5/5

Talking to Myself 4.5/5

On Fire 3/5

Won't Back Down 4/5

WTP - 4/5

Not Afraid 4.5/5

Seduction 3.5/5

No Love 4.5/5

Space Bound 4.5/5

Cinderella Man 4/5

25 To Life 4.5/5

So Bad 2.5/5

Almost Famous 4.5/5

Love The Way You Lie 4/5

You're Never Over 3/5

1) Please don't comment on anything untill you have more than 1 braincell
2) Please don't pretend you're the messurement of great taste when all opinions are SUBJECTIVE
3) Please go and hang yourself

only 1) 2 grown ups talking here little boy, if you look for fun just go and fuck yourself

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #267 on: June 10, 2010, 08:32:25 AM »
Anyone saying this is worse than Relapse is

1) crazy
2) In love with Dr. Dre beats
3) On Dr. Dre's dick
4) see options 2 & 3

^^This right there.

Encore and relapse aint even close to this album, its not even comparable. From Eminems form to his subject matter, shits on another level compared to his two previois efforts. Even he knows it so confidently that he admits to it on i think 'talking to myself' when speaking of his last two albums, he knows his new album is easily a step up from his previous wack shit.

This i can listen....encore and relapse will never get spins from me

Eminem don't know what to think of his last album. If he is so sure that relapse was trash then how come after the album dropped he stated he had so much good material that he had enough to make another album which was to be relapse 2.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #268 on: June 10, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »

while i think it's not the best Dre instrumental, it's not bad at all.
simple, but it works, it's his trademark

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #269 on: June 10, 2010, 08:56:37 AM »

I will check for Malone, Hopsin, Young Dre, Murs, Ya Boy, Crook, Aceyalone..  That's about it really..  And I would say only about half the shit I hear from them, I like...  Cuz half their songs are just total Gangsta shit, which I'm not into at all..  (Murs Ace Hopsin excluded)

But aside from Ace and MURS that's all gangsta shit. The west coast is so much deeper than that. There's way more than them two. I'm not saying there's as big as a scene as in New York. But its still quite a big scene, only problem is most of it is very low key, even on sites like this that are supposedly dedicated to everything west coast. I didn't hear a peep from dubcc when Aceyalone's last album dropped.

Kingwell you should check for Self Scientific-Chace Infinite if u want sth different from left coast.