Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13218 times)

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #270 on: June 10, 2010, 09:16:13 AM »
im sorry, but i dont really understand how can any1 say that Recovery has no subject matter, you cant even compare it to Relapse, or probably any other big hip hop release this year, almost every song on this new album is about something.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #271 on: June 10, 2010, 09:19:22 AM »
Cold Wind Blows 3.5/5

Talking to Myself 4.5/5

On Fire 3/5

Won't Back Down 4/5

WTP - 4/5

Going Through Changes 5/5

Not Afraid 4.5/5

Seduction 3.5/5

No Love 4.5/5

Space Bound 4.5/5

Cinderella Man 4/5

25 To Life 4.5/5

So Bad 2.5/5

Almost Famous 4.5/5

Love The Way You Lie 4/5

You're Never Over 3/5

This is a great album, yes there are some corny moments on here, particularly the singing but a lot of the time it blends well enough. The exception to that is You're Never Over could have been a terrific song had it been for the awful singing on it. So Bad is the same old, same old dre production, and the song is not in the least bit inspiring. On Fire is okay but was a little disappointing but the rest for me ranges between good to very very good.

Just my opinion but fuck it, as for wanting it to sound good, of course I wanted it to sound good but the first time I heard this I realised damn I really like this. There are some songs in here not employing that deep insistent intense flow, but actually shit, at least he adds some emotion to his voice, so many rappers just rap with one voice.
To me this is the window into Eminem's mind, introspection is what keeps me captivated, I don't think it's contrived, it's too personal to be contrived
Anyways that's just my opinion and i will try and let it lie now lol

1)please don't rate an album next time
2)please don't even try to comment about eminem
if you like "space bound" and don't like "so bad"
3)please listen somebody else

1) Please don't comment on anything untill you have more than 1 braincell
2) Please don't pretend you're the messurement of great taste when all opinions are SUBJECTIVE
3) Please go and hang yourself

only 1) 2 grown ups talking here little boy, if you look for fun just go and fuck yourself

Keep convincing yourself that you´re older than 14, which I higly doubt since I´ve seen people without heads talking more sense than you.

On topic: Album bumps! Congrats to Eminem on this great release

Paul

« Reply #272 on: June 10, 2010, 09:22:51 AM »
Really enjoying the Dre track. Catchy hook.

Khalils and Em's Almost Famous is a monster  :o

Lol at the Proof tribute. Wiggidy Wack!
funkyfreshintheflesh

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #273 on: June 10, 2010, 09:55:25 AM »

Guess that hook is by New Royles, shits amazing...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Jay_J

« Reply #274 on: June 10, 2010, 10:36:17 AM »
Cold Wind Blows 3.5/5

Talking to Myself 4.5/5

On Fire 3/5

Won't Back Down 4/5

WTP - 4/5

Not Afraid 4.5/5

Seduction 3.5/5

No Love 4.5/5

Space Bound 4.5/5

Cinderella Man 4/5

25 To Life 4.5/5

So Bad 2.5/5

Almost Famous 4.5/5

Love The Way You Lie 4/5

You're Never Over 3/5

This is a great album, yes there are some corny moments on here, particularly the singing but a lot of the time it blends well enough. The exception to that is You're Never Over could have been a terrific song had it been for the awful singing on it. So Bad is the same old, same old dre production, and the song is not in the least bit inspiring. On Fire is okay but was a little disappointing but the rest for me ranges between good to very very good.

Just my opinion but fuck it, as for wanting it to sound good, of course I wanted it to sound good but the first time I heard this I realised damn I really like this. There are some songs in here not employing that deep insistent intense flow, but actually shit, at least he adds some emotion to his voice, so many rappers just rap with one voice.
To me this is the window into Eminem's mind, introspection is what keeps me captivated, I don't think it's contrived, it's too personal to be contrived

2) Please don't pretend you're the messurement of great taste when all opinions are SUBJECTIVE

only 1) 2 grown ups talking here little boy, if you look for fun just go and fuck yourself

Keep convincing yourself that you´re older than 14, which I higly doubt since I´ve seen people without heads talking more sense than you.

oh my god, people can think i am under 14, what am i gonna do???
damn! we are not in high school sweetheart, please be somebody to worth to discuss
words are really easy to mix them together and say then people can think u really say something
but you look funny when you talk something about me although you don't know about me
i know that keyboard under your hands is attracting you, it gives you the chance to say anything you want to say to somebody trough net,
i know it makes you feel better, but it is a type of masturbating, you better understand it before it gets late
by the way i don't know what we discuss about, i said nothing to you, but you lawyer came up suddenly to defend the rights of people who believes subjective opinions
anyway, i don't care about a subjective opinions about this album, his rap sucks, it is not an album sounds like an eminem musically
when somebody say something bad about the only song(so bad) which sounds clear, fresh and rests ears after listening a couple of songs sound crowded and fucking your ears, it really makes me mad!
(if you still want to please yourself you can send a private message, here is not your playground nor mine)

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #275 on: June 10, 2010, 11:22:34 AM »

the hook on You're Never Over ruins it. Otherwise it's decent.

Jaydc

« Reply #276 on: June 10, 2010, 11:26:08 AM »

the hook on You're Never Over ruins it. Otherwise it's decent.

Almost every hook on the album is really bad.

Jay_J

« Reply #277 on: June 10, 2010, 01:12:49 PM »
After a couple of listenings...

1-Cold Wind Blows 5/5
  2-Talkin' 2 Myself 4/5
  3-On Fire 4.5/5
  4-Won't Back Down 2/5
  5-W.T.P. 4.5/5
  6-Going Through Changes 3.5/5
  7-Not Afraid 3/5
  8-Seduction 3.5
  9-No Love 2/5
10-Space Bound 3/5
11-Cindrella Man 2.5/5
12-25 to Life 3.5/5
13-So Bad 6/5
14-Almost Famous 4/5
15-Love the Way You Lie 3/5
16-You're Never Over 2.5/5
17-Bonus Track 5/5

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #278 on: June 10, 2010, 01:51:37 PM »
im sorry, but i dont really understand how can any1 say that Recovery has no subject matter, you cant even compare it to Relapse, or probably any other big hip hop release this year, almost every song on this new album is about something.
word, clear evidence they just skim through it or ignore lyrics in general

woof

« Reply #279 on: June 10, 2010, 02:06:41 PM »
Relapse 2 for free ?

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »
which group ripped this?

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2010, 02:33:59 PM »
I just listened to 'Fack' and enjoyed it more than 85% of the recovery album. What a huge dissapointment this album was. This coming from a huge eminem fan too  :-\

From what I remember of Fack it was a contender for the worst eminem song ever maybe?

Just saw these production credits on Semtex's website, a little different to the other ones I've seen.

1. Cold Wind Blows- Just Blaze
2. Talkin’ 2 Myself Feat. Kobe- DJ Khalil
3. On Fire- Mr. Porter
4. Won’t Back Down Feat. P!nk – DJ Khalil
5. W.T.P.- Supa Dups
6. Going Through Changes- Emile Haynie
7. Not Afraid- Boi 1da
8. Seduction- Boi 1da
9. No Love Feat. Lil Wayne- Just Blaze
10. Space Bound- Jim Jonsin
11. Cinderella Man- Script Shepherd
12. 25 To Life- DJ Khalil
13. So Bad- Dr. Dre & Nick Brongers
14. Almost Famous- DJ Khalil
15. Love the Way You Lie- Alex Da Kid
16. You’re Never Over- Just Blaze
Untitled- Havoc
damn so just blaze went with his ti style beats for em,wow hahahaaha, jimmy didn't lie when he said he wanted em to be a lil more urban lol tho he forgot you can't take that white outta em, i hope em get's away from mr iovine or at least stop suffering from cryptorchidism and let that muthafucca know that he's an artist capable of controlling his own product now yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

JohnnyL

« Reply #282 on: June 10, 2010, 02:52:45 PM »
Relapse 2 for free ?

Is that what that card is supposed to be?  Maybe there is some truth that rumor.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #283 on: June 10, 2010, 02:58:58 PM »
Anyone saying this is worse than Relapse is

1) crazy
2) In love with Dr. Dre beats
3) On Dr. Dre's dick
4) see options 2 & 3

^^This right there.

Encore and relapse aint even close to this album, its not even comparable. From Eminems form to his subject matter, shits on another level compared to his two previois efforts. Even he knows it so confidently that he admits to it on i think 'talking to myself' when speaking of his last two albums, he knows his new album is easily a step up from his previous wack shit.

This i can listen....encore and relapse will never get spins from me

i concur...i think on this album, Em shows how technically gifted he is, still better than 99% of rappers out there at constructing a verse, and whats more, the subject matter isnt all complete bullshit...i cant complain  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #284 on: June 10, 2010, 03:09:26 PM »
Cold Wind Blows 3.5/5

Talking to Myself 4.5/5

On Fire 3/5

Won't Back Down 4/5

WTP - 4/5

Not Afraid 4.5/5

Seduction 3.5/5

No Love 4.5/5

Space Bound 4.5/5

Cinderella Man 4/5

25 To Life 4.5/5

So Bad 2.5/5

Almost Famous 4.5/5

Love The Way You Lie 4/5

You're Never Over 3/5

oh my god, people can think i am under 14, what am i gonna do???
damn! we are not in high school sweetheart, please be somebody to worth to discuss
words are really easy to mix them together and say then people can think u really say something
but you look funny when you talk something about me although you don't know about me
i know that keyboard under your hands is attracting you, it gives you the chance to say anything you want to say to somebody trough net,
i know it makes you feel better, but it is a type of masturbating, you better understand it before it gets late
by the way i don't know what we discuss about, i said nothing to you, but you lawyer came up suddenly to defend the rights of people who believes subjective opinions
anyway, i don't care about a subjective opinions about this album, his rap sucks, it is not an album sounds like an eminem musically
when somebody say something bad about the only song(so bad) which sounds clear, fresh and rests ears after listening a couple of songs sound crowded and fucking your ears, it really makes me mad!
(if you still want to please yourself you can send a private message, here is not your playground nor mine)

You just dissed yourself by writing that comment, which is awesome because it spears me the time pointing out the obvious.

"i don't care about a subjective opinions about this album, his rap sucks, it is not an album sounds like an eminem musically" <- the memoirs of a patient who has suffered a lobotomy.