Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13264 times)

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »
Amazing album, IMO

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2010, 07:51:15 PM »
im sorry, but i dont really understand how can any1 say that Recovery has no subject matter, you cant even compare it to Relapse, or probably any other big hip hop release this year, almost every song on this new album is about something.
word, clear evidence they just skim through it or ignore lyrics in general

And, y'all clearly don't listen to other albums, especially Relapse if you think they don't have content and diversity of content.

This is easily the most overrated hip-hop album I've heard in a minute.  It's full of bad cilche pop choruses and 90's pop influenced beats.  This isn't music from the soul.  It's music constructed to win back a dwindling fan base. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2010, 09:56:44 PM »
im sorry, but i dont really understand how can any1 say that Recovery has no subject matter, you cant even compare it to Relapse, or probably any other big hip hop release this year, almost every song on this new album is about something.

And, y'all clearly don't listen to other albums, especially Relapse if you think they don't have content and diversity of content.

This is easily the most overrated hip-hop album I've heard in a minute.  It's full of bad cilche pop choruses and 90's pop influenced beats.  This isn't music from the soul.  It's music constructed to win back a dwindling fan base. 

This.Im actually shocked at the volume of people being duped by this album.Encore and relapse werent well liked so hes publicly trashing them just to gain back his fan base.Even though in reality this album is on par with those two albums.The hooks on this album are flat out bad.All hes done is replaced the accent with singing.Its clear as day what happened with this album.They got a lot of positives back from beautiful and his forever verse so he mad an album full of the exact same shit.Problem is its so generic and forced and I cant see how anyone cant see through it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2010, 10:32:16 PM »

This.Im actually shocked at the volume of people being duped by this album.Encore and relapse werent well liked so hes publicly trashing them just to gain back his fan base.Even though in reality this album is on par with those two albums.The hooks on this album are flat out bad.All hes done is replaced the accent with singing.Its clear as day what happened with this album.They got a lot of positives back from beautiful and his forever verse so he mad an album full of the exact same shit.Problem is its so generic and forced and I cant see how anyone cant see through it.

Props. What I was saying weeks ago while everyone was drooling over Not Afraid. Everyone was like omg Not Afraid is the new Eminem! He's back! And I was laughing saying nah its Beautiful part 2.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #304 on: June 10, 2010, 11:19:01 PM »

Props. What I was saying weeks ago while everyone was drooling over Not Afraid. Everyone was like omg Not Afraid is the new Eminem! He's back! And I was laughing saying nah its Beautiful part 2.

What u talking about?  Beautiful was a great track.  That and Not Afraid.  How were we supposed to know he wasn't gonna come with an album full of that?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #305 on: June 10, 2010, 11:22:40 PM »

lol whose album is that supposed to be?   Haha.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »

This is easily the most overrated hip-hop album I've heard in a minute.  It's full of bad cilche pop choruses and 90's pop influenced beats.  This isn't music from the soul.  It's music constructed to win back a dwindling fan base.  

What u talking about?  Beautiful was a great track.  That and Not Afraid.  How were we supposed to know he wasn't gonna come with an album full of that?

Beautiful was a nice song, though not one of his best. Not Afraid was a bad attempt to recreate that song because it was the only song that made noise off his last album. The problem with this album is the opposite of what you're saying, cause he DID try to make an entire album like that with singing and forced attempts to be inspirational. Are we listening to the same shit? Its plainly obvious that Em has run out of steam and and now he can't use shocking lyrics to sell an album anymore. Every rapper falls off eventually. Deal with it and move on. There's a lot better shit to be listening to. I'm out.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2010, 11:49:45 PM »
Beautiful was a nice song, though not one of his best. Not Afraid was a bad attempt to recreate that song because it was the only song that made noise off his last album. The problem with this album is the opposite of what you're saying, cause he DID try to make an entire album like that with singing and forced attempts to be inspirational. Are we listening to the same shit? Its plainly obvious that Em has run out of steam and and now he can't use shocking lyrics to sell an album anymore. Every rapper falls off eventually. Deal with it and move on. There's a lot better shit to be listening to. I'm out.

You are a complete idiot, do your research before you post...  Clearly what you think is "inspirational" are the lamest songs I've heard from Eminem.

Eminem SHOULD have high expectations, The music he makes that I like from him is very hard to make, and can be hit or miss..  And I don't see why this album is solid.  Because of the big budget names and features?  To me that doesn't give you a pass for a solid album.  Even on the grandest stage, you have to earn your praise.  The beats on here are good enough to work with.  It's Eminem I am rating here: the songs lack focus.

The same problem with Encore and Relapse.  There was nothing you could take away from alot of the songs.  Eminem is good because he is good at writing about his life in a way that you can relate to it.  He doesn't do this too often on Recovery, it's a 1-sided affair for alot of the songs..

Let's use Cinderella Man as an example.  "Music is my time machine" that's relatable, I'm feeling it..  Than "Cinderella Man, Cinderella Man", that automatically brings the POV right to Eminem.  It's a song about himself, not about music.  Very isolating to listen to, as a listener.

There is a fine line in this phrase: "Music is about your life, not you."  Eminem didn't meet that, and even with the tools he has, falls into an average rapper on this CD.  

Okay, as much as I praised this album so much before it even released, I will now say I will only be keeping Not Afraid and 25 To Life (Talkin 2 Myself maybe) after 2 weeks.   That is some non-bias for ya.  (I didn't keep any songs off Relapse mind you).  Alot of the songs lack focus, and that's pretty much all I can say about them.

I challenge someone to give me a concept for each of the songs on the Recovery.  Talking about lyrics too, so don't give me no "Em just having fun spittin deadly rhymes on a club banger".  I want you to listen to the lyrics, and give me the message Em is trying to portray with each song..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 11:52:58 PM by The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2010, 12:07:16 AM »
I wouldn't even care if the album was about winning back hip-hop but it's not.  It's about winning fame and being number 1.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2010, 12:18:28 AM »

You are a complete idiot, do your research before you post...  Clearly what you think is "inspirational" are the lamest songs I've heard from Eminem.

Eminem SHOULD have high expectations, The music he makes that I like from him is very hard to make, and can be hit or miss..  And I don't see why this album is solid.  Because of the big budget names and features?  To me that doesn't give you a pass for a solid album.  Even on the grandest stage, you have to earn your praise.  The beats on here are good enough to work with.  It's Eminem I am rating here: the songs lack focus.

The same problem with Encore and Relapse.  There was nothing you could take away from alot of the songs.  Eminem is good because he is good at writing about his life in a way that you can relate to it.  He doesn't do this too often on Recovery, it's a 1-sided affair for alot of the songs..

Let's use Cinderella Man as an example.  "Music is my time machine" that's relatable, I'm feeling it..  Than "Cinderella Man, Cinderella Man", that automatically brings the POV right to Eminem.  It's a song about himself, not about music.  Very isolating to listen to, as a listener.

There is a fine line in this phrase: "Music is about your life, not you."  Eminem didn't meet that, and even with the tools he has, falls into an average rapper on this CD.  

Okay, as much as I praised this album so much before it even released, I will now say I will only be keeping Not Afraid and 25 To Life (Talkin 2 Myself maybe) after 2 weeks.   That is some non-bias for ya.  (I didn't keep any songs off Relapse mind you).  Alot of the songs lack focus, and that's pretty much all I can say about them.

I challenge someone to give me a concept for each of the songs on the Recovery.  Talking about lyrics too, so don't give me no "Em just having fun spittin deadly rhymes on a club banger".  I want you to listen to the lyrics, and give me the message Em is trying to portray with each song..
I said he failed at being inspirational. Pay attention before you respond. No shit they're lame.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2010, 02:49:55 AM »

You are a complete idiot, do your research before you post...  Clearly what you think is "inspirational" are the lamest songs I've heard from Eminem.

I said he failed at being inspirational. Pay attention before you respond. No shit they're lame.

You're missing the point of why I worded it that way..  You're saying the problem is the opposite of what I'm saying?  I'm saying the songs lack focus and inspiration.  So you are implyiing these songs are inspirational.  Research my shit before you speak on me.  That's why I provided the quotes for you.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #311 on: June 11, 2010, 02:55:20 AM »
What's all this complaining about Em singing ? He's been doing that since TES at least. Nothing new here. Only chorus that really sucks is the Proof tribute one.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #312 on: June 11, 2010, 03:21:01 AM »

You're missing the point of why I worded it that way..  You're saying the problem is the opposite of what I'm saying?  I'm saying the songs lack focus and inspiration.  So you are implyiing these songs are inspirational.  Research my shit before you speak on me.  That's why I provided the quotes for you.

I don't get what's so difficult in what I'm saying. The songs sound like he's trying to be inspirational. He's trying to channel all these "can't hold me down" type of emotions. The problem is that they are uninspired songs. They try to be inspirational but they aren't. They sound lame, and his singing makes it worse.

It's the opposite of what you were saying because you claimed he wasn't making songs like "Not Afraid" on Recovery. I disagree. The problem is that he was trying to make those exact same songs. "Not Afraid" has a lot in common with the rest of Recovery. Sappy Pseudo-inspirational hook with his whiny singing, same ineffective angry flow, forced lyrics that fail to impress. Surely you understand now?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:24:16 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Paul

« Reply #313 on: June 11, 2010, 03:39:27 AM »
What's all this complaining about Em singing ? He's been doing that since TES at least. Nothing new here. Only chorus that really sucks is the Proof tribute one.

Yeah, apart from that track i like the chorus's on the album.
funkyfreshintheflesh

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2010, 10:34:54 AM »
Personally i think anyone who thinks this album is worse than relapse and encore is an idiot. I do wonder about eminem fans sometimes. I guess your hardcore eminem fan is very difference to your hiphop eminem fan. Like when y'all come out and defend relapse like eminem was on form and say that shits the best produced cd of the decade lmao and say encore was some deep music which it was not i worry about some of y'all ears.

And then when he puts out a cd with better lyrics, more focus, much more fresh on the mic, musically the beats are thicker and fuller and sounds like a hiphop cd, some of y'all complain. But then some cats on here think stillmatic was terrible production wise.

I do agree with action with the bit about tryna get acceptance from hiphop again though. But i think its mixed with a rocky sound that eminem likes and feels comfortable over but and i give him props for that because this the first time i felt eminem in such a long time. He should release no love though if wayne can get outta pen for a vid  ;D eminem fully kills his verse on that.