Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13049 times)

quiksta80

• 'G'
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2010, 10:57:54 AM »
Lyrical-G I think your an idiot if you say these beats are better then what was on relapse. The beats on recovery aren't horrible but they arent heat either. there aint one track on recovery that can compare to beats like bagpipes or stay wide awake. And how can you defend a album that his him singing in a whiney manner in just about every song and using a sample from the most annoying dance song from the 90's. That track is straight garbage. And claiming these beats are straight hip hop i think not sounds more like radio friendly to me.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #316 on: June 11, 2010, 11:48:03 AM »
What's all this complaining about Em singing ? He's been doing that since TES at least. Nothing new here. Only chorus that really sucks is the Proof tribute one.
i said this like 9 pages ago.....i cant understand what the fuck anyone is complaining about, unless they say they've always hated his singing, which if that is the case is understandable....
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Lucifuge

« Reply #317 on: June 11, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »
Amazing album...Space bound is track of the year for me.grate story 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #318 on: June 11, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
Actually chuck im not a huge eminem fan but to me it seems like his singing is a bit extra whiney on this album. Im not much of a fan so I didnt get into much of eminem besides mmlp n relapse and a few on sslp so he coulda been doing the singing thing on many albums and i just don't know cause i didnt get into any of those albums where is singing anyways.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #319 on: June 11, 2010, 04:16:40 PM »
im sorry, but i dont really understand how can any1 say that Recovery has no subject matter, you cant even compare it to Relapse, or probably any other big hip hop release this year, almost every song on this new album is about something.
word, clear evidence they just skim through it or ignore lyrics in general

And, y'all clearly don't listen to other albums, especially Relapse if you think they don't have content and diversity of content.

This is easily the most overrated hip-hop album I've heard in a minute.  It's full of bad cilche pop choruses and 90's pop influenced beats.  This isn't music from the soul.  It's music constructed to win back a dwindling fan base.

you really think its that contrived? i dont...people are too quick to look for an ulterior motive...

isnt it possible that its a conscious effort by Em to be more honest and open about the last few years, after all, he has been through some messed up shit? rather than the usual hiding behind the whole "slim shady" persona

maybe im being naive, but thats the impression i got  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #320 on: June 11, 2010, 04:25:39 PM »
I don't care what it is, whatever the motivation or intention of the music, it just doesn't do it for me.  This is average music to me, I don't care it's Eminem or anyone else.

BEATS

1) Relapse
2) Encore
3) Recovery

VOCALS

1) Recovery
2) Relapse
3) Encore

ALL 3: Average ass albums.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2010, 04:35:10 PM »
i don't really think it's all music from the  soul either, when i hear it i keep thinking atl atl atl atl, that "make this album a lil more urban" stands out in my head, alot of great lyrics tho,but i guess if you can connect his stories to you guys lives i can understand why y'all would rate it higher then me,and for the record i thought his flows was better on the last record,lyrics are more focused on this one tho,but i still rather listen to hello and kill you yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #322 on: June 11, 2010, 05:32:16 PM »
I'm actually pretty impressed with the way it turned out. I've been bumping this all the way through minus the track with Rihanna on the way to work and on my way home from work. This isn't really an album to prove anything except that he can make a dope album with primarily different producers than himself, Dr. Dre and the usual suspects. I think hes dope over the DJ Khalil beats especially. I've been saying for years those 2 would go good together. I only expected to download and listen once but turned out to be wrong. Better than his last 2 albums hands down.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #323 on: June 11, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »
I don't care what it is, whatever the motivation or intention of the music, it just doesn't do it for me.  This is average music to me, I don't care it's Eminem or anyone else.

BEATS

1) Relapse
2) Encore
3) Recovery

VOCALS

1) Recovery
2) Relapse
3) Encore

If you weren't a big Joe Budden fan maybe you opinion had more value  :D

Jaydc

« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2010, 07:33:20 PM »

BEATS

1) Relapse
2) Encore
3) Recovery

VOCALS

1) Recovery
2) Relapse
3) Encore

Eminem is a big Joe Budden fan.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2010, 07:40:05 PM »

BEATS

1) Relapse
2) Encore
3) Recovery

VOCALS

1) Recovery
2) Relapse
3) Encore

Eminem is a big Joe Budden fan.

This. They both have equal respect for each other.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2010, 09:06:44 PM »
What's all this complaining about Em singing ? He's been doing that since TES at least. Nothing new here. Only chorus that really sucks is the Proof tribute one.
i said this like 9 pages ago.....i cant understand what the fuck anyone is complaining about, unless they say they've always hated his singing, which if that is the case is understandable....

I think there's a difference in the singing.  On Eminem Show he knew it was hideous but said fuck it.  He made a point to point out how bad he was with Hailey's song.  On Encore it was all mockingly done.  There was always a point to emphasize he wasn't good, either he stated it or he was over the top.

On Recovery it's supposed to be taken seriously.  The more I think about and listen to the album the more I have issues with his vocal delivery.  Beyond his annoying singing, the aggressive flow actually detracts from tracks by creating too much of a contrast.  

Anyways, I  actually have an issue with fans who justify Eminem singing then hate on Drake who is a hundred times the singer than Eminem.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2010, 09:11:46 PM »
i don't want to sound like Radiotube but don't we get it by now?

half of you don't like it, half of you do like it; none of you are going to change your opinion based off of what anyone else about the album.

it's whatever now; bump it you dig; otherwise delete & move on. ;)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »

half of you don't like it, half of you do like it; none of you are going to change your opinion based off of what anyone else about the album.

The only time this statement pops up is when a fan like it and doesn't want to hear any negative critiques.  If you followed your own advice you'd stop posting because it's meaningless.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2010, 09:33:12 PM »

The only time this statement pops up is when a fan like it and doesn't want to hear any negative critiques.  If you followed your own advice you'd stop posting because it's meaningless.

lol, you've said the same thing in 11 straight posts; we get it, you don't like it.

don't get me wrong, you can keep saying whatever you want, i'm trying to save you some time here lol.