Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13279 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #330 on: June 11, 2010, 10:47:30 PM »
i don't want to sound like Radiotube but don't we get it by now?

half of you don't like it, half of you do like it; none of you are going to change your opinion based off of what anyone else about the album.

it's whatever now; bump it you dig; otherwise delete & move on. ;)

The only time this statement pops up is when a fan like it and doesn't want to hear any negative critiques.  If you followed your own advice you'd stop posting because it's meaningless.

lol, you've said the same thing in 11 straight posts; we get it, you don't like it.

don't get me wrong, you can keep saying whatever you want, i'm trying to save you some time here lol.

Don't.  Did it ever occur that I like discussing music?  I'm not trying to win anything.  I like expressing myself and I like seeing how people disagree so I can reflect on how I hear and listen to music.

Edit: But, still. you're entire argument is wack.  You're only talking offense because you don't like what I have to say.  You don't state this comment when it's about positive comments.  Following your logic you should just not go to a message board because the entire point is what you stand against.   In fact you should probably not talk either because you're going to feel what you feel and what you have to say isn't really going to influence anyone.   It's a lame stance to take when you don't agree with comments being made.   Follow your own advice.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:02:24 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #331 on: June 11, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
^i actually wasn't singling you out, i guess it would come across that way though since you commented last.

but anyway, i'm not saying express your opinion; even two times would be fine. three? i can deal with three.

but to say 47 times in 15 pages that you don't like his singing is just a bit much.

it's like you're diliberatly going out of your way to badmouth the album.

be honest, it doesn't matter what positive comment anyone will make because you're just looking for the negative counter-argument.

it's not your fault, it's a human way of thinking & reacting; if you don't like something, you become extra critical with every detail.

& is it just me or the same people coming back every 10 comments people make just to say something bad? it's not me not listening to the bad critiques, i read & responded to most of them early on; but it's the bad critiques, by the same people, repeating themselves lol.

i feel like the people coming back are the people who don't like the album, where the people who do like the album seem to be leaving their thoughts & not coming back lol.

i don't know, brahhhhh; just my assesment on the sitchuu.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2010, 01:36:23 AM »
RELAPSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RECOVERY by far. not even close.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #333 on: June 12, 2010, 01:55:22 AM »

i feel like the people coming back are the people who don't like the album, where the people who do like the album seem to be leaving their thoughts & not coming back lol.

It's certainly not the case with you. Listen to duke and either follow your own advice or admit that you got infected with a case of radiotubism.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:59:03 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #334 on: June 12, 2010, 02:28:07 AM »
The people who liked the majority of this album first listen are genuine.  But I don't care how much of a "grower" an album is, if you don't feel the shit your first time listening it's not a good song..  How you think people engulf radio songs?  They hear the shit so much they start to pick it apart and find something little to like about it.

I am deliberately going out of my way because I hate when people get brainwashed into listening to a "big budget" album a buncha times cuz it's a big star, until they start to like it.  You can do that shit with every album, and it's not fair for Em to get a free pass on this just cuz A) It's him and B) He has a big budget sound.  That doesn't make your album good.

It's like with Drake's album, so many ppl commented saying they gonna relisten to it later, to give it another chance.  I know they ain't do that with half the indie albums that they tryed this year..  The big names and buzz are giving these artists a longer leash with the listeners and it's not fair.  And I know people are doing this with Recovery, cuz they did it with Relapse, and do it with every major label album that comes out and sucks ass. 

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #335 on: June 12, 2010, 02:39:12 AM »
I don't know man, then again you can't do a track by track review based on 1 listen either. My procedure with all albums is that I give it at least a 2 week spin before I could write a decent review. Some albums just tend to grow; I didn't think much of Ultimate Victory at first, now it's one of my favorite albums.

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #336 on: June 12, 2010, 02:41:36 AM »
RELAPSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RECOVERY by far. not even close.

^^^^^
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #337 on: June 12, 2010, 04:31:29 AM »
I don't even hate Recovery.  I've clearly listened to it at least more than once.  At least 3 times now.  It's not just cause I hate the album.  I'm the one that thinks Encore is dope.  What the hell is wrong with me?  I tend to find something redeemable in most music I listen to but at the same time I know what I like so when I type I just come at it from a perspective of why ears are jolted.

Anyways, I'm a lay low from this thread.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Lucifuge

« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2010, 06:13:25 AM »
@Jules.

Eminem is not a radio raper,or ringtone adn shit.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2010, 07:28:09 AM »
Threads like this should allow like one reply a user. They get dragged way too long over opinions.  ::)

Prof@ssor

« Reply #340 on: June 12, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »
I don't care what it is, whatever the motivation or intention of the music, it just doesn't do it for me.  This is average music to me, I don't care it's Eminem or anyone else.

BEATS

1) Relapse
2) Encore
3) Recovery

VOCALS

1) Recovery
2) Relapse
3) Encore

ALL 3: Average ass albums.

If you weren't a big Joe Budden fan maybe you opinion had more value  :D

Eminem is a big Joe Budden fan.

Eminem is a Lil Wayne fan and he loves LL Cool J  :wavey:

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #341 on: June 12, 2010, 09:45:56 AM »
I'll be posting my review of this album soon, been listening to this album a few times now
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2010, 10:12:23 AM »
I don't know man, then again you can't do a track by track review based on 1 listen either. My procedure with all albums is that I give it at least a 2 week spin before I could write a decent review. Some albums just tend to grow; I didn't think much of Ultimate Victory at first, now it's one of my favorite albums.

true that; not to mention, sometimes your first listen you aren't even really paying close attention.

i'll admit though, now that i've bumped this album seven times at least; maybe i'm just not in the mood to listen to music, but i find myself skipping some songs after a verse or two.

i'm also a person who likes to sing lyrics to songs when i hear them, so maybe i just haven't picked up on them & it's making me not want to listen.

or, it could just be the album is lacking replay value; only time will tell.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »
all of u r right.  both sides win.  

i give an album more than 1 shot tho (atleast i try 2) but if i can't fuck wit it like that i can't fuck wit it like that.  eminem is cool but as far as the new eminem shit goes it's alright, it's nothing 16 pages worth on a forum i can tell u that.  he can't sing, his flow is on point even tho it sounds really forced like he's trying to hard 2 get his point and aggression across, the beats r ok but could've been extremely better considering the whole atmosphere of Interscope/Detox, and it could've been a little more diverse for a hiphop album for an artist of his caliber; something like a KidRock collab and a JellyRoll/Lil' Wyte collab, and an acoustic guitar track co-produced by Kanye with a white girl drug addict alcoholic singer (so u can feel the passion/truth) would've been hot too (it doesn't have 2 be Amy Winehouse lol).  but anyways, good album i guess but it'll get OLD really fast, some of it you'll stick with for a minute most of it you won't.  we'll forget about it by the time the next single is in rotation.  BISD>>>>Recovery and that album is the best 50 material since "tha massacre" (which was hot but should've been a double album of some sort) but i don't even give that record much burn anymore, i might check it out since i'm thinking about it now tho.  cool album imo.  Curtis was okay too.

and a point from earlier:  i like some "I" songs so when I'm singing them it puts me in a trance (for lack of better statement).  like "o, let's do it" would've been amillion times more hypnotic if Waka was like "drug sellin music, hey I'm fluenced, ey I'm influenced".  shit like that makes u go like yeah.  lol.  classic record tho

*but on the contrary, if a song doesn't blow your mind the 1st time chances are that the song just isn't all that great to begin with, i remember playing "thug motivation 101" for the 1st time (even though I didn't even like Jeezy, i actually kinda dispized him a little bit tbh lol) and i remember tellin myself like "damn this shit is hot" and i had 2 replay the shit over and over again.  it's collected a little bit of dust now but I DO pull that shit out and crank it every now and then... matter of fact I would'nt call it 1 of my favorites but that shit might have potential to be after I break it back out again, maybe.  i gotta c
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:51:57 PM by LaMilton Taeshawn »

JohnnyL

« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2010, 01:53:16 PM »
 Still haven't heard the album yet.  I'm looking forward to listening to it.  It's interesting to see how split people are on their opinion of it.  Of course, it seemed to be pretty much the same situation with "Relapse." Half the people seemed to really like it, and half hated it.  I really liked "Relapse" so if this is nothing like it, who knows.  So far, the only tracks on here that I've heard are "Not Afraid," and "Won't Back Down."  I liked "Not Afraid" but didn't care too much for "Won't Back Down."  My one criticism that I already have is where the fuck is the Slaughterhouse track that Just Blaze produced?  If Em is is supposed to be rebuilding Shady Records with Slaughterhouse as one of it's major acts, wouldn't this have been the perfect opportunity to give them a major push?