Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13045 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #345 on: June 12, 2010, 02:24:57 PM »
Still haven't heard the album yet.  I'm looking forward to listening to it.  It's interesting to see how split people are on their opinion of it.  Of course, it seemed to be pretty much the same situation with "Relapse." Half the people seemed to really like it, and half hated it.  I really liked "Relapse" so if this is nothing like it, who knows.  So far, the only tracks on here that I've heard are "Not Afraid," and "Won't Back Down."  I liked "Not Afraid" but didn't care too much for "Won't Back Down."  My one criticism that I already have is where the fuck is the Slaughterhouse track that Just Blaze produced?  If Em is is supposed to be rebuilding Shady Records with Slaughterhouse as one of it's major acts, wouldn't this have been the perfect opportunity to give them a major push?

naw he's gonna do that for the Slaughterhouse album.  Plus u know they're gonna do a million different tracks and keep working on em so they get that right 1 that just blows the shit out of people's speakers and causes some to go def.  if it doesn't cure autizm then it won't be anything good.  so u already know they gonna have 2 get it right.  3 months ain't long enuff
*hell, this is Slaughterhouse and Eminem we r talkin about, this just ain't a buncha anything ass rappers getting on one track, it's gotta be epic considering who they are, it's no pressure from us of course but for the HolyGrail of hiphop the song just can't be anything short of spectacular and mind blowing (lyrically and even on the production side somewhat it can't just b any beat not that it has 2 be some broadway musical shit that has everything in it, but definitely the lyrics gotta b on some jedi lightsaber bullets coming out an AK type shit).  
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:46:55 PM by LaMilton Taeshawn »

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #346 on: June 12, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »

Sounds like some people are on burn out from playing this album too much and some people just don't like it, c'est la vie, my opinion hasn't changed but it's all good.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #347 on: June 12, 2010, 05:13:06 PM »
you already people cant wait for this....bring it snoopy

I'll be posting my review of this album soon, been listening to this album a few times now
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #348 on: June 12, 2010, 07:13:12 PM »
This album is like half an hour too long.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2010, 12:37:58 AM »
I don't care what it is, whatever the motivation or intention of the music, it just doesn't do it for me.  This is average music to me, I don't care it's Eminem or anyone else.

BEATS

1) Relapse
2) Encore
3) Recovery

VOCALS

1) Recovery
2) Relapse
3) Encore

ALL 3: Average ass albums.

If you weren't a big Joe Budden fan maybe you opinion had more value  :D

Eminem is a big Joe Budden fan.

Eminem is a Lil Wayne fan and he loves LL Cool J  :wavey:

The fact that that means anything to you proves my point.  You would be surprised at some of the artists your favorite rapper listens to, I always am.  And how does that have any affect on the quality of the music?  It doesn't.

As for you coming at me..  You're disagreeing?  You think at least 1 of those 3 albums are "Great" albums aka above average?  Which ones?

The Watcher

« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2010, 01:02:56 AM »
RELAPSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RECOVERY by far. not even close.

^^^^^
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #351 on: June 13, 2010, 01:16:49 AM »
I like Cold Wind Blows , Talking 2 Myself, W.T.P , Going through changes , So Bad and Almost Famous ... the rest is pretty much forgettable ... too bad he did not use the voice and flow he's using on this one on Relapse beats though

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #352 on: June 13, 2010, 01:36:40 AM »
Personally i think anyone who thinks this album is worse than relapse and encore is an idiot. I do wonder about eminem fans sometimes. I guess your hardcore eminem fan is very difference to your hiphop eminem fan. Like when y'all come out and defend relapse like eminem was on form and say that shits the best produced cd of the decade lmao and say encore was some deep music which it was not i worry about some of y'all ears.

And then when he puts out a cd with better lyrics, more focus, much more fresh on the mic, musically the beats are thicker and fuller and sounds like a hiphop cd, some of y'all complain. But then some cats on here think stillmatic was terrible production wise.

I do agree with action with the bit about tryna get acceptance from hiphop again though. But i think its mixed with a rocky sound that eminem likes and feels comfortable over but and i give him props for that because this the first time i felt eminem in such a long time. He should release no love though if wayne can get outta pen for a vid  ;D eminem fully kills his verse on that.

so i'm an idiot :eh:

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #353 on: June 13, 2010, 07:57:44 AM »
I like Relapse better, but I can't front on the rhyme schemes here. Craziness.

My favourites:

No Love
Won't Back Down (don't get the hate for this track at all)
So Bad
Cold Wind Blows
Almost Famous
Not Afraid (a bit tired of it, but a good track)
On Fire
Untitled

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #354 on: June 13, 2010, 08:02:14 AM »
1. Cold Wind Blows - Lyrically on point, great hook, and Just Blaze gives us a great beatto kick start this album, sign of things to come? 4/5

2. Talkin’ 2 Myself Feat. Kobe - The beat sound like a mess, too many things going on here.  This song gets tiring to listen to after the 2nd verse. 2.5/5

3. On Fire - Short and sweet, but maybe overly simply. 3/5

4. Won’t Back Down Feat. Pink - Simply horrid, sorry attempt at a pop anthem track, this track should be called W.T.P. - 1/5

5. W.T.P. - I feel like I've heard this track 100x before from Slim. Pass. 2/5

6. Going Through Changes - Lame attempt at emotional song, too dependent at the sample used in the hook.  2/5

7. Not Afraid - Iovine - "Yo slim, make a track for the Staples center and golds gym" 2/5

8. Seduction - Finally things are starting to pick back up on this album.  Slim maybe now starting to realize that his yelling flow is getting tiring. 3/5

9. No Love Feat. Lil Wayne - Another uninspired track that relies so heavily on the sample to give an emotional/epic feel.  Wayne/Slim giving us the same song and dance on this track.  Been there done that. 2.5/5

10. Space Bound - Nice track, interesting sample choice, lyrically EM starting to bore. 3/5

11. Cinderella Man - One of the better tracks on the album but the beat can be too overbearing, and someone needs to keep EM in check, these songs are all really starting to drag. 3.5/5

12. 25 to Life - EM really trying to get that pop radio play on this album. 2.5/5

13. So Bad - Certified head banger, Dre came through on his only beat, which is joke that he only had one beat. 4/5

14. Almost Famous - Back to back decent tracks, finally.  Nice hook, lyrically he's all over place, more like mixtape track, hopfully he ends his album well. 3/5

15. Love the Way You Lie Feat. Rihanna - Cliche preditable nonsense we have come to expect from these two. 1.5/5

16. You’re Never Over - His singing makes 50 singing seem like R Kelly, absolutely cringe worthy 1/5

Beats: 2.5/5
Lyrics: 3.5/5
Overall: 2.5/5
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 08:04:26 AM by Long Beach Iz Active »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #355 on: June 13, 2010, 08:23:40 AM »
^lol, i didn't think you would really waste your time with this. :D

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #356 on: June 13, 2010, 10:36:57 AM »

12. 25 to Life - EM really trying to get that pop radio play.

Explain.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #357 on: June 13, 2010, 11:56:31 AM »
It´s interesting to see the love/ hate reaction people seem to be getting from this album. I think the album is great and I can´t fully understand what more you could want from a Eminem cd in 2010. Especially since Relapse came last year and that was one gigantic shitparade.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #358 on: June 13, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »

Word and speaking of this album, the lyrics for 25 to life indicate this is going to be his last solo album and if that is the case, then I think it's a terrific album to finish his solo career on.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #359 on: June 13, 2010, 02:16:34 PM »

12. 25 to Life - EM really trying to get that pop radio play.

Explain.

cliche sample choice AGAIN, same lyrical topic, just average
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....