Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13297 times)

DTG Entertainment

Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #360 on: June 13, 2010, 02:42:18 PM »

12. 25 to Life - EM really trying to get that pop radio play.

Explain.

cliche sample choice AGAIN, same lyrical topic, just average

It's not a sample for the women's part to my knowledge.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #361 on: June 13, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »
It's not a sample, it's one of Khalil's background vocalist (Liz Rodriges). Anyways, my quick review:

1. Cold Wind Blows - finally a Just Blaze & Em collabo. And it's doesn't disappoint. Em basically saying that he's back... Love the chorus, great way to start the album. 5/5

2. Talkin’ 2 Myself Feat. Kobe - Amazing track. Introspective, with the first 2 verses describing the past problems and the last one overcoming it. Kobe hook is golden 5/5

3. On Fire - Average. Sounds like a mixtape track, no direction 2/5

4. Won’t Back Down Feat. Pink - Hype track that got old quick. Still nice to pump you for a run or a work out but that's it. Beat is a tad too noisy. 3/5

5. W.T.P. - Sounds like something 50 would've done back in 04,05. I don't mean that in a bad way but it just sounds dated. Doesn't fit with the rest of the cd either. Chorus is funny  3/5

6. Going Through Changes - Another quality introspective track. I only deduct a point because it basically sounds like Deja Vu part 2. 4/5

7. Not Afraid - Loved it at frist, then it got old quick but now I love it again, considering the placement with LP's flow. Snare sounds way too cheap, Dre should've mixed it 4/5

8. Seduction - Sweet joint. Nice beat from Boi1-Da, smooth chorus and quality storytelling. But Em should've used a more laid back flow (less screaming) 4/5

9. No Love Feat. Lil Wayne - Love it. Em and Wayne have great chemistry, especially with the contrast in their voice/flow. Odd pick for a sample but it works. Em went crazy on his end. 5/5

10. Space Bound - Sounds too left field for Em imo. Again he could've used a more laid back flow. Other than that it's cool. 3/5

11. Cinderella Man - Till I Collapse part 2, I can really here Nate on this one. Another fly joint, definitely gonna be used in my workout playlist a lot. 4/5

12. 25 to Life - Concept has been done several times before but it works. Lovely beat and chorus from Khalil's team. But yet again wrong voice tone from Em to be a perfect track. 4/5

13. So Bad - Banging tune, only beat so far that made me head nod. Sounds like something straight out of Relapse session. 4/5

14. Almost Famous - Maybe lack direction but everything is so big on this track, from beat to Eminem, who's screaming delivery does fit this time 5/5

15. Love the Way You Lie Feat. Rihanna - Sursprisingly nice. Nice relationship storytelling track from Em. Can see this getting annoying once it blows up (which it will) 4/5

16. You’re Never Over - Not what I expected from a Proof tribute. Terrible singing and the beat doesn't fit the subject matter at all. 3/5

17. Untitled - Another one of those mixtape sounding track with no direction. Average 3/5

Now I know the rating might not be perfect but I'm loving this cd. It still hasn't gotten old and it's basically the only thing I'm listening to when I run, work out, when I go to sleep... Like LBIA said this was made for gym and stadium arenas but I don't view that in a bad way. I also think that minimal Dre input is nice for a change after he pretty much produced the whole Relapse & Encore. Now, I haven't bumped it in the ride yet but I got a feeling he should at least mix some records.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2010, 03:38:30 PM »
This might be the best rhymed album of the last few years, with some tracks who truly have substance, and y'all diss the lyrics?  :grumpy:

No wonder noone really spits anymore, with a fanbase like this.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #363 on: June 13, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »
This might be the best rhymed album of the last few years, with some tracks who truly have substance, and y'all diss the lyrics?  :grumpy:

Eh, I tried to stay but these stupid ass comments kill me.  You ain't listening to hip-hop if you think this is the best rhymed cd in the past couple of years. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #364 on: June 13, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »
This might be the best rhymed album of the last few years, with some tracks who truly have substance, and y'all diss the lyrics?  :grumpy:

Eh, I tried to stay but these stupid ass comments kill me.  You ain't listening to hip-hop if you think this is the best rhymed cd in the past couple of years.  

Matter of fact I don't follow rap anymore, but tell me some albums that are rhymed and spitted better than this one.. I'd be happy to listen to them
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

IbblesAndBits

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
the album started off strong with the first two songs but got weaker right after them. has some bangers though i agree Em's aggressive flow doesn't fit on every song.

Relapse imo had better production but Em sounds better here. overall not a bad record.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2010, 07:52:30 PM »

Revolutions per minute takes a 12 inch dump on this album both lyrically and musically

Check ya self
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »
Elzhi the Preface
Reks Grey Hairs & More Grey Hairs
- Banks

Prof@ssor

« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2010, 11:20:36 PM »
I don't care what it is, whatever the motivation or intention of the music, it just doesn't do it for me.  This is average music to me, I don't care it's Eminem or anyone else.

BEATS

1) Relapse
2) Encore
3) Recovery

VOCALS

1) Recovery
2) Relapse
3) Encore

ALL 3: Average ass albums.

If you weren't a big Joe Budden fan maybe you opinion had more value  :D

Eminem is a big Joe Budden fan.

Eminem is a Lil Wayne fan and he loves LL Cool J  :wavey:

The fact that that means anything to you proves my point.  You would be surprised at some of the artists your favorite rapper listens to, I always am.  And how does that have any affect on the quality of the music?  It doesn't.

As for you coming at me..  You're disagreeing?  You think at least 1 of those 3 albums are "Great" albums aka above average?  Which ones?

Yes, Relapse. Relapse is art to me. It's like listening to a good horror film full of humorous moments, sometime actually like a black comedy film with emotional moments with Beautiful, Deja Vu and Careful What You Wish For.
The beats are next level, I've never heard anything as polished as Same Song And Dance or Underground. At the same time very simplistic but at the same time made with an extremely good eye for detail, innovative sound even incorporating choir sound. All beats are extremely different, yet coherent.
The lyrics are the craziest, sickest shit ever, spit in a technically flawless and intricate way. Stay Wide Awake is a perfect example.

The album had weak point. The accent. But look at it in the context and you'll get over it.

That is the reason why I just brought up artists you listen too in my last post, too lazy to write a reply like this one.
My point is: You are as brainwashed as the people you call brainwashed, I bet you like every song Budden releases.

I secretly hoped you would understand that artists like Joe Budden, Ja Rule, The Lox and Saigon are in no way ever better than Eminem and have never made any album better than Relapse, recently.
Joe Budden? A dude with the most boring nasal voice who can't find a beat to save his life rapping more than 5 minutes about how depressed he is. No charisma either. No polished sound either.
Ja Rule could be considered the best out of those artists, but even from that point of view it's difficult to deny how he contributed to the decline of rap 10 years ago with his bullshit singing and selling out.  The Lox? Rapping about street life they don't live since at least 2 decades , on stereotypical NY beats with punchlines thrown here and there? Let's not even talk about Saigon.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #369 on: June 14, 2010, 12:08:50 AM »
i've never heard of Nick Brongers by the way

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #370 on: June 14, 2010, 01:20:47 AM »
I don't care what it is, whatever the motivation or intention of the music, it just doesn't do it for me.  This is average music to me, I don't care it's Eminem or anyone else.

BEATS

1) Relapse
2) Encore
3) Recovery

VOCALS

1) Recovery
2) Relapse
3) Encore

ALL 3: Average ass albums.

If you weren't a big Joe Budden fan maybe you opinion had more value  :D

Eminem is a big Joe Budden fan.

Eminem is a Lil Wayne fan and he loves LL Cool J  :wavey:

The fact that that means anything to you proves my point.  You would be surprised at some of the artists your favorite rapper listens to, I always am.  And how does that have any affect on the quality of the music?  It doesn't.

As for you coming at me..  You're disagreeing?  You think at least 1 of those 3 albums are "Great" albums aka above average?  Which ones?

Yes, Relapse. Relapse is art to me. It's like listening to a good horror film full of humorous moments, sometime actually like a black comedy film with emotional moments with Beautiful, Deja Vu and Careful What You Wish For.
The beats are next level, I've never heard anything as polished as Same Song And Dance or Underground. At the same time very simplistic but at the same time made with an extremely good eye for detail, innovative sound even incorporating choir sound. All beats are extremely different, yet coherent.
The lyrics are the craziest, sickest shit ever, spit in a technically flawless and intricate way. Stay Wide Awake is a perfect example.

The album had weak point. The accent. But look at it in the context and you'll get over it.

That is the reason why I just brought up artists you listen too in my last post, too lazy to write a reply like this one.
My point is: You are as brainwashed as the people you call brainwashed, I bet you like every song Budden releases.

I secretly hoped you would understand that artists like Joe Budden, Ja Rule, The Lox and Saigon are in no way ever better than Eminem and have never made any album better than Relapse, recently.
Joe Budden? A dude with the most boring nasal voice who can't find a beat to save his life rapping more than 5 minutes about how depressed he is. No charisma either. No polished sound either.
Ja Rule could be considered the best out of those artists, but even from that point of view it's difficult to deny how he contributed to the decline of rap 10 years ago with his bullshit singing and selling out.  The Lox? Rapping about street life they don't live since at least 2 decades , on stereotypical NY beats with punchlines thrown here and there? Let's not even talk about Saigon.

Yes, exactly why i love relapse! Dopest album of 2009 by a longshot. Actually the dopest album since 2003
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #371 on: June 14, 2010, 04:07:06 AM »

I stopped reading after this.   Budden's ratio is at best 50/50.  This proves whatever point you're trying to prove wrong off the bat.  If you think every one of Budden's songs is good, you needa get your ears checked cuz he puts out alot of whack shit.

Every artist makes bad songs man, face it.  You don't have to force yourself to make a niche for each album so you can like it, just because it's your favorite artist.  Give up and wait until he releases his next shit, and hopefully it will be better.  

You did however explain to me why you like Relapse, and while I don't agree with your musical preference there, that is what I asked of you and enough to get props from me.

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #372 on: June 14, 2010, 04:59:36 AM »
i don't want to sound like Radiotube but don't we get it by now?

half of you don't like it, half of you do like it; none of you are going to change your opinion based off of what anyone else about the album.

it's whatever now; bump it you dig; otherwise delete & move on. ;)

The only time this statement pops up is when a fan like it and doesn't want to hear any negative critiques.  If you followed your own advice you'd stop posting because it's meaningless.

lol, you've said the same thing in 11 straight posts; we get it, you don't like it.

don't get me wrong, you can keep saying whatever you want, i'm trying to save you some time here lol.

haha oh the irony man eminem fans kill me i swear haha they critisize rappers for the smallest shit but then they give passes to their white god shady for the same shit lol

another dude here just said that relapse is the best album since 2003? LMAO i mean if hes serious how can you not laugh? but nobody is called a stan or dickrider.

just funny to me

"yeah bro he had a dope flow on the album so the album is classic dude you dont know real hip-hop you probably like soulja boy and lil wayne" LMAO wtf
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 05:01:50 AM by cowboy1 »

cowboy1

• 'G'
« Reply #373 on: June 14, 2010, 05:18:05 AM »
After Relapse I made a list of things Eminem should do to make "Relapse 2" even better (I really like Relapse). Let's see how he fared:

1. Drop the accents
Reason: We all hate them. Eminem is seemingly the only one not realising how much they suck.
Result: Yes, indeed. Eminem came to his senses - they're gone.

2. Make shorter songs
Reason: Eminem albums tend to tiring because the songs are too goddamn long. You should leave the listener wanting more, not feeling fed up. Just like that Game 400 bars jam, that noone listened to in full. Some songs are long for a good reason (like "Stan"), but the vast majority of Eminem songs would be better in shorter form. Part of the charm of "Insane" on Relapse is that it is short. Had that gone on for another 2 minutes everyone would have hated it.
Result: Nope. Songs are still way too long. A full five tracks are 5 minutes or more, which is ridiculously long for a hip-hop track unless you have a ton of features, which Eminem doesn't.

3. Get outside production
Reason: We all love Dre's production. Less so with Eminems own production. But everybody needs to grow and challenge themselves. Let's hear Eminem flow on a Just Blaze beat, an Alchemist beat, a Havoc beat, a Khalil beat, a J.R.Rotem beat, a Kanye beat, etc.
Result: Yes, indeed, he followed suit. But you would think that he would have hotter beats given that I'm sure every hip-hop producer in the fuckin' world would kill to get on an Eminem album. Production is surprisingly average on Recovery.

4. Don't sing, ever! Get proper singers to do the singing.
Reason: Eminem is arguably the worst singer in the entire world. Yet he somehow thinks that he can sing. Let me put it this way: if I had to pick between the accent and the singing I would....kill myself.
Result: Eermmm....what the hell is he thinking? Instead of cutting down on singing, there's singing fuckin' EVERYWHERE on Recovery.  This is gonna be the "accent issue" with this album. You have to wonder where Eminem's sense of reality is. First the accents, now the singing. Why is Dr.Dre - the most notorious perfectionist in the game - not telling Eminem that the accents suck and that singing is bad?

5. Keep varying the flow
Reason: One of the impressive things about Relapse is the variety of flows. Had he dropped the accents it would have been near perfect.
Result: Unfortunately Eminem has decided to rap almost exclusively in his "angry" voice. This gets very tiring on a whole album. He needs to switch it up.

how the hell can u make a song called 400 bars any shorter? its called 400 bars my man and actually had 3 mill views on wshh

anyway the only good eminem album is MMLP and maybe even Slim Shady LP. and even SSLP had aloooooot of filler. yet to white people this guy is their god and according to y'all aint in nobodys top 10 "because he's white" lol

okay lets say he got 2 good albums. and then what?

sslp - good
mmlp - dope

eminem show - wack
encore - wack
relapse - wack
recovery -wack

thats 4 wack albums but no i guess because he flowed so well on the album and dropped a few multis hes the best ever and every album is classic huh? lol

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #374 on: June 14, 2010, 06:06:26 AM »
I'm sorry with some MCs, when you put their wack material in contrast to all of hip-hop, it's not really wack.
- Banks