Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13278 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #375 on: June 14, 2010, 07:38:28 AM »
People need to stop acting like the accent was a bad thing on Relapse, on half the songs I don't even notice it, and the songs he did use it wasn't even a bad thing because it fit with the beat and mood of album
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

teecee

« Reply #376 on: June 14, 2010, 08:07:23 AM »
People need to stop acting like the accent was a bad thing on Relapse, on half the songs I don't even notice it, and the songs he did use it wasn't even a bad thing because it fit with the beat and mood of album

O played the shit outta the album, loved the concept of the songs, most of the hooks, the lyrics, the production....in the end, I still don't love the album because of that annoying accent.   Its not "acting", I just dont' fucking like it.   It was a gimmick that went wrong, and Em knows it.

Prof@ssor

« Reply #377 on: June 14, 2010, 08:49:58 AM »
My point is: You are as brainwashed as the people you call brainwashed, I bet you like every song Budden releases.

I stopped reading after this.   Budden's ratio is at best 50/50.  This proves whatever point you're trying to prove wrong off the bat.  If you think every one of Budden's songs is good, you needa get your ears checked cuz he puts out alot of whack shit.

Every artist makes bad songs man, face it.  You don't have to force yourself to make a niche for each album so you can like it, just because it's your favorite artist.  Give up and wait until he releases his next shit, and hopefully it will be better.  

You did however explain to me why you like Relapse, and while I don't agree with your musical preference there, that is what I asked of you and enough to get props from me.

Thanks, but with a sig like yours don't be surprised if more people would think you love Budden's shit lol  8)

i've never heard of Nick Brongers by the way

''This well groomed seemingly pleasant and content man in this photo above is the most talented musician I have ever met. Some people play instruments, some people play instruments extremely well, and a few can manage to manipulate instruments and sounds to recreate an emotion only evoked by the original recordings of a Marvin Gaye or an Aretha Franklin...he is one of those few. Pair that with some of the most hilarious and witty conversation I've ever had (super pause), and you have a one Nick Brongers. I will not include his myspace or any sort of location info because I dont want you to contact him for beats...they're all mine.''

produced and wrote Drake's Over 8)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:06:25 AM by Prof@ssor »

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #378 on: June 14, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »
It worked, and relapse was one of the best albums in last couple years

Dre helped make the album feel so cohesive, something that is missing in 99% of rap albums
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #379 on: June 14, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »

i've never heard of Nick Brongers by the way

''This well groomed seemingly pleasant and content man in this photo above is the most talented musician I have ever met. Some people play instruments, some people play instruments extremely well, and a few can manage to manipulate instruments and sounds to recreate an emotion only evoked by the original recordings of a Marvin Gaye or an Aretha Franklin...he is one of those few. Pair that with some of the most hilarious and witty conversation I've ever had (super pause), and you have a one Nick Brongers. I will not include his myspace or any sort of location info because I dont want you to contact him for beats...they're all mine.''

produced and wrote Drake's Over 8)
thanks for the info.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #380 on: June 14, 2010, 11:29:42 AM »
^^^^^^^^
HipHop is alive baby...

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 11:33:16 AM by LaMilton Taeshawn say FREE HELEN FRANKLIN »

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #381 on: June 14, 2010, 03:07:42 PM »
There are 2 bonus tracks on the iTunes deluxe version release, surprised they haven't leaked yet.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »
The reason I prefer Recovery over Relapse is because of the substance. On Recovery he is actually talking about stuff, spitting crazy rhyme schemes and becoming reflective with vulnerable lyrical content. Relapse was amazing flow and innovative style, but no substance at all. Of course it rhymed well, but mostly those were not real rhymes and the accent was the reason why it sounded fluently rhymed.

Also, Recovery has more diversity to it. You got tracks talking about Love in a way that is real and far from corny and I can strongly relate to ... you got tracks about him being frustrated because noone puts him up with the cliché top dogs, you got tracks where he gets cocky talking about him being sublime to the rap game, something he never did before until very recently.

And this is definitely the least commercial Eminem album. Of course it is not some underground Canibus shit, but still the least commercial Eminem album. By far even. You will definitely see far less 13-year-old girls bumping this than you did with Relapse or even his earlier CDs.

I personally prefer the more serious and reflective style to comedy rap... or weedsmoking, drinking 40s and clapping niggas rap.

But that is a personal perforation... either way, if you don't like the content, you still have to acknowledge that his raps are skilled, very much so. Personally, my main problem with this CD is a) he sings too much and b) the beats are far from as good as you would expect from Just Blaze and Dre, or any Eminem/Aftermath-Album for that matter. But hey, that gives it a more lyrical vibe and as I seem to like the content more than most people, that can be turned into a plus.

For instance, I love Space Bound... I can relate more to it than any rap song I heard during the last few years - plus the rhyme-chains are off the chain, the flow is full of emotion, energy and speed variations. The hook is a bit weird, but it fits the vibe of the song.

There's also some decent word plays... not amazing ones, but still good. From what I recall off the top of my head:
But I swear, you try to diss me, I'll slaughter you
I put that on everything, like everyone does with auto-tune

or
Now you get to watch her leave
Out the window
Guess that's why they call it window pane/pain

or
And while I'm being poetic, let me get a stork
And raise the bar higher than my opinion of these women has been lowered

or
like a "fuck you" for christmas
His gift is a curse

or
Ok quit playin' with the scissors and shit, and cut the crap
I shouldn't have to rhyme these words in the rhythm for you to know it's a rap/wrap

Anyways, even if you don't feel anything of what I'm saying, to call this CD "whack" is a bit retarded.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:29:08 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ronny

« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »
It worked, and relapse was one of the best albums in last couple years

Dre helped make the album feel so cohesive, something that is missing in 99% of rap albums

fuck outa hea, GROUPIE

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2010, 09:36:06 PM »
Thanks, but with a sig like yours don't be surprised if more people would think you love Budden's shit lol  8)

I do love his shit, def my fav rapper.  But that doesn't mean everything he puts out is good. 

I hate people who build cases off sigs and shit.  Some of the smartest music fans I know love to show pride in their artists, but are also the harshest critics, and far from dick riders.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
I'm sorry with some MCs, when you put their wack material in contrast to all of hip-hop, it's not really wack.

Whack music is whack music.  Again, an artist shouldn't get a pass just because of past accolades.  You have to earn the praise of your music, each and every time.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »
I will not argue that Recovery's content is more digestible or relateable but to say Relapse had no content is wrong.

3 A.M: return of Shady, Eminem's alter ego that promotes self-destructive habits

My Mom: review of his mother but instead of completely blaming her he attempts to relate to her issues because he sees how he is like her

Insane: a story of being raped by his father (I don't know how true any of this is.  I know he said it's not real but one must wonder. Maybe it's a metaphor for the lack of a father figure in his life.)

Bagpipes From Baghdad: Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon diss

Hello: discussion of his drug addiction and the creation of shady

Same Song and Dance: a story about killing pop stars (a review of his disses against pop icons)

Medicine Ball: controversial lyrics for attention

Stay Wide Awake: the craziness of his mind

I can go on but each record has a concept and is about something, even if you can't relate to it.   The major difference I see in content is that on Recovery it's more a tell all situation where he doesn't use metaphors and assumes the consumer is too stupid to follow along.  Hence, instead of letting you assume he's talking about hip-hop on 25 to Life he tells you he's talking about hip-hop.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:01:46 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #387 on: June 14, 2010, 10:00:31 PM »
I'm sorry with some MCs, when you put their wack material in contrast to all of hip-hop, it's not really wack.

Whack music is whack music.  Again, an artist shouldn't get a pass just because of past accolades.  You have to earn the praise of your music, each and every time.

I know you feel that way so it's cool.  I'm not really looking for a prolonged discussion but I do disagree. 

Let me just get this out of the way, I don't listen to music like you do.   I rarely every just hear "bad music" and then "good music."  In all, or most music, I can see positive qualities and then negative qualities.  There's a lot of music released and will continue to be released.  Just because an artist releases a poor album (for them) it doesn't mean it's wack on the scale of music.  I don't think it justifies them getting a pass and slacking but it doesn't mean that the poorer material they have is so bad it's wack.   That's all I feel like typing about this.  Hope you grasp what I'm conveying and how I listen to music.

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2010, 10:14:21 PM »
I will not argue that Recovery's content is more digestible or relateable but to say Relapse had no content is wrong.

3 A.M: return of Shady, Eminem's alter ego that promotes self-destructive habits

My Mom: review of his mother but instead of completely blaming her he attempts to relate to her issues because he sees how he is like her

Insane: a story of being raped by his father (I don't know how true any of this is.  I know he said it's not real but one must wonder. Maybe it's a metaphor for the lack of a father figure in his life.)

Bagpipes From Baghdad: Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon diss

Hello: discussion of his drug addiction and the creation of shady

Same Song and Dance: a story about killing pop stars (a review of his disses against pop icons)

Medicine Ball: controversial lyrics for attention

Stay Wide Awake: the craziness of his mind

I can go on but each record has a concept and is about something, even if you can't relate to it.   The major difference I see in content is that on Recovery it's more a tell all situation where he doesn't use metaphors and assumes the consumer is too stupid to follow along.  Hence, instead of letting you assume he's talking about hip-hop on 25 to Life he tells you he's talking about hip-hop.

i agree

recovery isnt a bad album its just no where as good as relapse. i got about 5 songs to skip on recovery compared to just 1 on replapse and thats cuz its the single and i get sick of the single. and relapse is great album that flows from song 2 song the whole album. recovery is ehhhhh ok but the bad songs ruin the flow of the album- in fact im going to make my own version of the album removing the songs i cant stand. (the pink song, the rihanna song, the wayne song, the sudcution song... and couple more... )

and to whoever said recovery isnt more commercial. umm are listening to th same album,. its his more commercially safe album to date./
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 10:17:34 PM by J$crILLa »

westside159

« Reply #389 on: June 15, 2010, 01:53:34 AM »
Worst songs on recovery  i mean there are some terrible songs
WTP -  WTF
so bad -  sounds like a plain and simple dr dre beat from 2004
no love -  lil wayne ruins it from jump
wont back down -  pink on the hook is a bad look . too cheesy
your never over -  eminem singing toooo much
spacebound -  beat is ok , but the hook is garbage

best songs
Talking 2 myself
cold wind blow
seduction