Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13028 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #420 on: June 24, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
mmlp>>eminem show/sslp>>>>>>Recovery>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Relapse>Encore

After the initial listening phase passed out etc, i think a 7-7.5/10 is a pretty fair score to this.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #421 on: June 24, 2010, 09:22:03 PM »
Nice album. Not his best but definitely on point.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #422 on: June 24, 2010, 10:54:02 PM »
Lyrically, he was weaker on Relapse & he had weaker songs throughout. Recovery he only had 2-3.

Cham, I know we've been bickering about Recovery and a bunch of bullshit but why do you think this?  I've heard people say his punchlines on Recovery are dope.  I wasn't sure what they were talking about.  Could you cite examples?

Some of his punchlines are relatively weak; like "Put down the scissors and cut the crap". :-X

He has some corny sounding punchlines, like "You can get the dick, just call me the ballsack, I'm nuts" & "Listen garden tool, don't make me introduce you to my power tools, you know the fucking drill" & "Stick my dick in a circle, but I'm not fucking around" that's weak.

But...

"When I'm not even in my harshest
You can still get roasted because Marsh is not mellow" - "No Love"

"Sayin you sick quit playin you prick dont nobody care
Then why the fuck am I yellin at air
I aint even talkin to noone cause aint nobody there
Nobody will fuckin test me cause these hos wont even dare" - "On Fire"; I dig that.

There might be a few more, I don't remember off the top of my head.

Anyway, punchlines & metaphors aren't what I consider lyrical; to me, it's more about the topic & it's message or not.

Space Bound is lyrical for the content he spits, not his little creative way of spitting it.

& Relapse had flat out weak songs like, "Hello" & "Medicine Ball" those songs get love for what Dre did, but Em didn't really do it for me there.

But as I look back, I liked almost everything else, so maybe I just haven't done a fair look back at Relapse; but overall the better songs on this album are better than the better songs on that album.

I think I gave Relapse a 7/10, so basically they're tied lol; but if asked me which i prefered, I'd say Recovery.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #423 on: June 25, 2010, 06:24:43 AM »
Yeah, I prefer Relapse but I definitely see the flaws in both albums. 

His hook writing on Relapse > his hooks on Recovery
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #424 on: June 25, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »
Yeah, I prefer Relapse but I definitely see the flaws in both albums. 

His hook writing on Relapse > his hooks on Recovery

Agreed, but at the same time, the hooks on Recovery didn't bother me/ruin the song for me; except on "You're Never Over".

bez

« Reply #425 on: June 25, 2010, 10:23:47 AM »
Lyrically, he was weaker on Relapse & he had weaker songs throughout. Recovery he only had 2-3.

Cham, I know we've been bickering about Recovery and a bunch of bullshit but why do you think this?  I've heard people say his punchlines on Recovery are dope.  I wasn't sure what they were talking about.  Could you cite examples?

Some of his punchlines are relatively weak; like "Put down the scissors and cut the crap". :-X

He has some corny sounding punchlines, like "You can get the dick, just call me the ballsack, I'm nuts" & "Listen garden tool, don't make me introduce you to my power tools, you know the fucking drill" & "Stick my dick in a circle, but I'm not fucking around" that's weak.

But...

"When I'm not even in my harshest
You can still get roasted because Marsh is not mellow" - "No Love"

"Sayin you sick quit playin you prick dont nobody care
Then why the fuck am I yellin at air
I aint even talkin to noone cause aint nobody there
Nobody will fuckin test me cause these hos wont even dare" - "On Fire"; I dig that.

There might be a few more, I don't remember off the top of my head.

Anyway, punchlines & metaphors aren't what I consider lyrical; to me, it's more about the topic & it's message or not.

Space Bound is lyrical for the content he spits, not his little creative way of spitting it.

& Relapse had flat out weak songs like, "Hello" & "Medicine Ball" those songs get love for what Dre did, but Em didn't really do it for me there.

But as I look back, I liked almost everything else, so maybe I just haven't done a fair look back at Relapse; but overall the better songs on this album are better than the better songs on that album.

I think I gave Relapse a 7/10, so basically they're tied lol; but if asked me which i prefered, I'd say Recovery.

Quite crazy the way you have listed the dope punches and labeled them as weak, then the weak one you have said was good.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #426 on: June 25, 2010, 10:25:13 AM »
^lol, which one?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #427 on: June 25, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »
I actually think most of Eminem's punchlines are corny, especially because I'm supposed to take them seriously.  Cham, is more on point on what's corny because those lines suck and the ones he listed, the phrase, is enjoyable.

There were glimpses of material I enjoyed liked.

Example: Cold Wind Blows

Probably my favorite bars from the album,

dance while I diss you to the beat, fuck the words
you don't listen to 'em anyway, yeah struck a nerve sucker
Motherfucker, might as well let my lips pucker

But then he follows it up with a bar I don't care for,
Like Elton John, cause I'm just a mean cock sucker

Yet, he comes back strong with,
This shit is on, cause you went and pissed me off
Now I'm sitting and pissing on everybody
Give a fuck if it's right or wrong
So buck the buddah, light a bong

I guess I'm not into Eminem's punchlines as I am into him speaking on real shit.

I like how he says he'll diss someone but then apologizes for almost dissing Ye and Weezy in the next track.  Who the hell is he talking about?  He should've just named names.
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #428 on: June 25, 2010, 04:16:06 PM »
^He probably isn't talking about anybody.

Besides diss songs that we were told who they were directed at, he's got lines on songs on every album like, "I'll stab you, you motherfucker"; yet, the "you" isn't aimed at anybody in particular; he's just using what works for his rhyme pattern.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #429 on: June 25, 2010, 04:18:49 PM »

Besides diss songs that we were told who they were directed at, he's got lines on songs on every album like, "I'll stab you, you motherfucker"; yet, the "you" isn't aimed at anybody in particular; he's just using what works for his rhyme pattern.

you're so glad a white rapper is this big huh?  now u finally feel like u got somethin 2 talk about lol.  go fuck ur ear witchur finger.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #430 on: June 25, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »

Really?  That's honestly ... lame.  I understand shaping your rhymes for technical reasons but you're essentially telling me has no real reason for saying what I quoted.  He's just saying nothing.  Am I wrong?  Maybe I'm not following.

There's not point in saying a phrase like that if there wasn't something behind it and if there isn't anything behind then he ain't saying anything .
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #431 on: June 25, 2010, 04:36:37 PM »

you're so glad a white rapper is this big huh?  now u finally feel like u got somethin 2 talk about lol.  go fuck ur ear witchur finger.

LOL, what? Sorry, we're not all as racist as you, buddy.

I don't know if you noticed (you're mentally not right upstairs, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't notice) but I talk about everybody who gets mention on this board.

Math LIKELY isn't your strong point, but the numbers show that black rappers outnumber white rappers, by a lot; so it would appear as if I talk about a lot of black rappers too. :loco:

The only other white rapper that gets mention on here is Asher Roth & I'm not even a fan of his music; he's got a few songs, but nothing to write home about.

Apathy is dope too, but he doesn't get talked about here either; so I don't see your point buddy; you just sound angry.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #432 on: June 25, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »

Really?  That's honestly ... lame.  I understand shaping your rhymes for technical reasons but you're essentially telling me has no real reason for saying what I quoted.  He's just saying nothing.  Am I wrong?  Maybe I'm not following.

There's not point in saying a phrase like that if there wasn't something behind it and if there isn't anything behind then he ain't saying anything .

I'm not in the mind of Eminem, so I honestly couldn't answer that. Maybe when he wrote it, he had someone in mind, but I'm like 90% sure that it's just a random line, not really directed at anybody.

On "Kill You", the whole song was about killing bitches, but it wasn't directed at one girl.

I guess if you're looking at it where he needs to be directing it, it's stupid; but if you can just enjoy the way he flows with it, it's nice to bump.

BiggBoogaBiff

lol
« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »

you're so glad a white rapper is this big huh?  now u finally feel like u got somethin 2 talk about lol.  go fuck ur ear witchur finger.

LOL, what? Sorry, we're not all as racist as you, buddy.

I don't know if you noticed (you're mentally not right upstairs, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't notice) but I talk about everybody who gets mention on this board.

Math LIKELY isn't your strong point, but the numbers show that black rappers outnumber white rappers, by a lot; so it would appear as if I talk about a lot of black rappers too. :loco:

The only other white rapper that gets mention on here is Asher Roth & I'm not even a fan of his music; he's got a few songs, but nothing to write home about.

Apathy is dope too, but he doesn't get talked about here either; so I don't see your point buddy; you just sound angry.

see what i mean, u walked right n2 that... lame.  guess i'm still the retard huh lol.  u talk tha most shit but it's always so weak, grow somm

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2010, 04:45:52 PM »
^Walked right into what? LOL, you're a weird man.

& yes, you are still a retard...and a racist.