Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13245 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2010, 05:22:08 PM »
^He probably isn't talking about anybody.

Besides diss songs that we were told who they were directed at, he's got lines on songs on every album like, "I'll stab you, you motherfucker"; yet, the "you" isn't aimed at anybody in particular; he's just using what works for his rhyme pattern.

Really?  That's honestly ... lame.  I understand shaping your rhymes for technical reasons but you're essentially telling me has no real reason for saying what I quoted.  He's just saying nothing.  Am I wrong?  Maybe I'm not following.

There's not point in saying a phrase like that if there wasn't something behind it and if there isn't anything behind then he ain't saying anything .

It's called a battle rap bro, 9/10 raps are forumlated against the unkown emcee

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #436 on: June 25, 2010, 06:30:11 PM »
L
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
MY OFFCIAL REVIEW

1. "Cold Wind Blows" 4/5
dope song, beat is cool, nice way to start album

2. "Talkin' 2 Myself" 2.5/5
dont like the subject hating on relapse and enocre. putting himself down saying he wouldve lost to wayne or kanye. so just those 2 lines ruin the song for me

3. "On Fire" 4/5
nice track. he gets back on track here

4. "Won't Back Down" 2/5
terrible beat and hook not my style, not feeling this song at all

5. "W.T.P." 3/5
cool track. got some funny lines in it.

6. "Going Through Changes" 3.5/5
decent track, like the sample.

7. "Not Afraid" 3/5
good single. gets played out after awhile, but its a dope song

8. "Seduction" 2/5
cant stand the auto tune sample in the hook, the hook ruins song

9. "No Love" (featuring Lil Wayne) 1/5
wayne sucks so this song is ruined from the beginning, even Em dont come that hard on it

10. "Space Bound" 4.5/5
very dope track- one of the best on the album

11. "Cinderella Man" 2/5
this song has a good beat but the 'cindarella man' thing every 5 bars is annoying as hell

12. "25 to Life" 4/5
this is a nice track. good shit overall

13. "So Bad" 4/5
dr dre only beat and its decent. like the hook. fun track bout bitchez

14. "Almost Famous" 3.5/5
dope track. the hook can be annoying but it grows on ya

15. "Love the Way You Lie" (featuring Rihanna) 1/5
rihanna is annoying and whiny like usual. not feeling this one at all

16. "You're Never Over" 3.5/5
ok dedication, Ems flow is nice. the hook can get annoying tho

17. "Untitled" (hidden track) 3.5/5
bonus track is tight. nice beat nice rhymes

OVERALL 3.5/5 - some great songs, some terrible songs. beats were decent. i think this album missed dre's perfection tho. some beats get old after awhile. it a huge step down from relapse but it works for what it is.

SONGS SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEFT OFF
talkin 2 myself
wont back down
seduction
no love
cindarella man

BEST SONGS ON ALBUM
cold wind blows
fire
space bound
25 to life
so bad

WHERE THIS ALBUM RANKS WITH HIS DISCOGRAPHY- note i do like everyone of these albums
marshall mathers 5/5
slim shady 5/5
the eminem show 4.5/5
relapse 4.5/5
recovery 3.5/5
encore 3/5
infinite 3/5

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
« Reply #438 on: June 30, 2010, 01:38:13 AM »

dont like the subject hating on relapse and enocre. putting himself down saying he wouldve lost to wayne or kanye. so just those 2 lines ruin the song

Best Song...... lol 2 lines ruin the song................
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #439 on: June 30, 2010, 12:09:31 PM »

dont like the subject hating on relapse and enocre. putting himself down saying he wouldve lost to wayne or kanye. so just those 2 lines ruin the song

for me it does those 2 things he says makes me not wanna fuck it tha track. cuz i hear him say some bullshit like that im like what the fuckk is he thinking./ that shit dont even make sense

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #440 on: July 01, 2010, 09:37:47 AM »
okay, few more spins and it´s getting better. but still the beats are monotone and hooks annoy me .  not a bad album

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #441 on: July 02, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »
Every song is bout him bein crazy...whys it ok 4 him 2 cry bout this but gangsta rap aint cool even tho they both sell/sold?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #442 on: July 02, 2010, 09:01:07 PM »
Every song is bout him bein crazy...whys it ok 4 him 2 cry bout this but gangsta rap aint cool even tho they both sell/sold?

Not really.

He makes the point that he's in control of himself these days.

This stage of his career is equivalent (to me) to 50 Cent & Jay-Z turning arounding & claiming to be businessmen/gentlemen.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #443 on: July 02, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »

Not really.

This stage of his career is equivalent (to me) to 50 Cent & Jay-Z turning arounding & claiming to be businessmen/gentlemen.

except they've been businessmen their whole career.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #444 on: July 02, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »
Yeah em was the never the 50 businessman type but that sides the point...im sayin he gets away wit cryin on every album...hes cried and talked bout same shit on every album and hes looked at as a master but gangsta rap is bad cuz its bout lowriders, gang bangin, etc...whys one ok and not the other? When they both have sold and tha underdog=gangsta rap is still n demand and his cryin isnt?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #445 on: July 03, 2010, 12:29:27 AM »

Not really.

except they've been businessmen their whole career.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tt1H5fprmqc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tt1H5fprmqc</a><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRg_ZYUPEe8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FRg_ZYUPEe8</a>

Quite a difference, if you ask me. Not to mention that at the end of the George Lopez video he says after learning about business today, if he could go back he would of went to business school as a kid instead of rap. Meaning he didn't know anything about business at the start of his career lol.

I would basically be showing the same transformation if I went to old Jay videos; straight thug to "I'm too good to be a thug".

If you were trying to be "cute" there & meant they were both drug dealers & now they are "legitmate" businessmen..ha..ha, very funny but the change of character had nothing to do with showing the rise as a businessman, from drugs on the streets to CEO meetings; it's just times changed & being taken seriously was more important than being that "silly street guy"; that "thug look" got old & they both jumped on that "I'm a gentleman, a businessman & I should be taken more seriously by the public eye than the rest of you".

Eminem was the whiteboy equal to 50 & Jay's blackman thug with crazy wrecklessness & doing whatever, not caring, blah blah blah & now, he's going back, looking at the error of his ways & trying to convince people "he's a changed man". It's just a different character because acts get old. That's all music is, an act. Rap was designed to be sold, it didn't matter how it was done; just get your money & live life.

salkku

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ''I flip flop and serve hoes with a fat dick''
« Reply #446 on: July 05, 2010, 10:12:10 AM »

for me it does those 2 things he says makes me not wanna fuck it tha track. cuz i hear him say some bullshit like that im like what the fuckk is he thinking./ that shit dont even make sense

Its Fucking music nothing more.......
''Why does niggas want to act funny with the money'' - DAZ

''Now if it wasn't for the West,
these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest'' - Xzibit

''you must be one of our European posters...Egypt or Moscow'' - Chamillitary Click

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #447 on: July 06, 2010, 08:24:00 PM »
I heard the album a few days ago, very great album, almost perfect.  Better music, Eminem's serious on all of the album.  Only flaws of the album is that he had to have Wayne on there, only song that wasn't good.  And the last song with Rihanna was alright.  Great choice of music, bone thugs & juvenile coulda used this music on their last 2 albums.  Whoever did the music on recovery, Eminem should get them for D-12's new album & get them to do serious stuff instead of the clown songs they've did in the past & they could be taken seriously.  Do it for Bugs, heck do it for Proof even. 

Lucifuge

« Reply #448 on: July 06, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »
If you dont understand rap and all that shit,dont listing rap. thats it. You look stopit when u said battl nobody is wack,thats what all mc's do,from Rakim,G Rap,Wu Tang,Onyx's....shit... ::) ::) ??? ??? :-X :-X
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:23:47 AM by Lucifuge »
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #449 on: July 06, 2010, 11:17:12 PM »
If you dont understand rap and all that shit,dont listing rap. thats it. You look stopit when u said beetl nobody is wack,thats what all mc's do,from Rakim,G Rap,Wu Tang,Onyx's....shit... ::) ::) ??? ??? :-X :-X

lol wut
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.