Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13047 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »
Wow, I'm only about halfway through, but the production sounds so low-budget next to Relapse.  The thing that made Relapse enjoyable was the cohesive sound.  This sounds like it's easily going to be Em's least enjoyable album so far.  Really boring so far.  I didn't even get through some of these tracks before skipping to the next one.  :(
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 07:22:32 PM »
^ yup productions weak, WTF.

Only track thats got my head bobbin besides not afraid is so bad.

Jaydc

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 07:34:05 PM »
1.Cold Winds Blows -5 out of 10 - Beat is ok,em cant pull singing off but the verses are ok,once again another shot @ mariah,pretty lame.Sounds like a random freestyle.
2.Talkin 2 Myself- 7 out of 10 - Should have been the intro,the beat is eh,pretty underwhelming,the hook is ok but not great,the verses def lift this song up over the beat and chorus.
3.On Fire - 6 out of 10 - Hook is pretty bad more bad singing from em,beat is ok but again pretty underwhelming,verses are good and once again save the song from being trash.
4.Wont back down - 2 out of 10 - The beat is decent but sounds unmixed,verses are all over the place with em talking about doing pills and dissing mariah again,chorus is pretty generic and the pink feature was pointless.
5.W.T.P. - 1 out of 10 - wack,sounds like an encore left over.Everything from the beat to the chorus to the verses is trash.
6.Going through changes - 9 out of 10 - Great introspective song,nice beat and good sample.Ems verse are great and he sounds relaxed and puts away the aggresive tone and it helps immesnely.
7.Not Afraid - 5 out of 10 - Cheesey hook,em singing is a no no and seems to be reoccuring on the album.Verses are great but the beat is really bad,the loud snare is distracting and really amatuer sounding.
8.Seduction - 7 out of 10 - Hook is eh,beat is ok but I enjoy the content and verses,its something different for em.Em singing again is a fail.
9..No love - 6 out of 10 - Lil waynes verse is pretty decent but his adlibs are unneccassary,the sample is really cheesey and ems singing AGAIN.Verse by em are strong.The verses on the song save it from the chorus and beat which is pretty generic.
10.Space Bound - 8 out of 10 - another strong introspective song,but once again another weak chorus.the beat is nice and fits the theme.
11.Cinderella Man - 5 out of 10 - Odd sounding beat not feeling it at all,the chants of cinderella man is weird and off putting.The chorus is weak again.Ems verses are strong but his aggressive flow is really starting to become annoying at this point.
12.25 to life - 5 out of 10 - Ems delivery at this point is sounding the same on almost every song.The beat is kind of messy and Im not really feeling it.Chorus is alright but nothing noteworthy.
13.So bad - 5 out of 10Em singing again....Beat sounds like a generic dre beat.Chorus is weak.
14.Almost Famous - 4 out of 10-Another generic beat,ems delivery once again is the same.The choruse is eh,not something Im really feeling.
15.Love the way you lie - 7 out of 10 - Go figure that rihannas chorus is one of the better  ones on the album.I like the beat but it sounds like something Ive heard before.Ems verses are strong but once again using the same delivry,song could ahve used a softer delivery.
16.You're Never Alone - 6 out of 10 - Another generic beat.Another weak chorus.more of ems bad singing and more of the same delivery.the content is strong but its too bad everything else brings it down.

Overall Im giving the album a 5 out of 10.

Em is singing on 75 percent of the songs and he sounds horrible.The production is really generic and underwhelming,their was no beats on here that impressed me.Ems delivery gets really repetivie and distracting.He needs to switch his flow up on songs more he sounds the same on almost every song and its really distracting.This album is worse then relapse.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 07:42:43 PM »
Ok, I finished the album.  Three good songs -- and they happen to be all in a row.  The Lil' Wayne one, Space Bound, and Cinderella Man.  The rest is getting deleted from my hard drive.

The Proof song is a significant disappointment.  He talks about how much Proof was an inspiration to him instead of really letting us know what was so special about Proof.  Like his best friend dies and Em's still only talking about himself.  Talk about self-absorbed.

Oh well.  Three good songs to keep.  Definitely not worth buying.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »
Str8 bangin album im surprised it was so good without Dre producin most of it.
track 2 was sickest

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 07:49:57 PM »
my only complaint was that the Proof tribute wasn't deep at all.

overall, loved it.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »
Cham, as I recall, correct me if I'm wrong, you don't like Drake's singing but Em gets a pass?

edit:

and, i always wonder how close 50 and eminem really are....it seems like he detests dissing other cats based on some of these lyrics and he specifically talks about taking an L if he were to diss Ye or Wayne several years ago.  I doubt he would've lost but I find it funny he thinks so.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:05:07 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 08:04:37 PM »
My favorite joints were "Going Through Changes" and "25 To Life". The rest are meh to me.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Cham, as I recall, correct me if I'm wrong, you don't like Drake's singing but Em gets a pass?

Drake has entire songs of him just singing & he's not much of a singer.

Drake singing on the hook is a million times Eminem, but Drake singing on a whole RnB song compared to other RnB singers is a joke.

i don't know what's so bad about Eminem's singing; it fits the song.

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 08:05:12 PM »
so i kinda skipped through quickly but nothing really caught my attention...will have to take another listen though. Right now I'm not really feeling this album that much. I have to disagree with the statement about Em's first 3 albums not standing the test of time.

Gfunk

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »
Went through a first listen and only liked 2 tracks  >:( , Going through Changes and So Bad. Both dope as fuck songs i wish the other songs were like that instead of poppy sounding garbage ass beats like the other songs

oh and space bound is allright aswell
Code: [Select]
http://www.last.fm/user/Gfunk-

Jaydc

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 08:08:20 PM »
Can everyone agree that the production on this album was really boring?And that the hooks and ems singing was really bad?Or that his aggresive flows gets really tiresome after a few songs?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 08:09:13 PM »

Drake has entire songs of him just singing & he's not much of a singer.

Drake singing on the hook is a million times Eminem, but Drake singing on a whole RnB song compared to other RnB singers is a joke.

i don't know what's so bad about Eminem's singing; it fits the song.

I kind of like Drake's singing. Much more than his rapping anyway.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »
Can everyone agree that the production on this album was really boring?And that the hooks and ems singing was really bad?Or that his aggresive flows gets really tiresome after a few songs?

On first listen,

I thought the production was pretty dope but didn't sound mixed properly or wasn't finalised.   It sounded rough.

I agree about Em's hook and the singing.

I also agree about the aggressive flow being used too much too often that it loses its effect.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »
I think drake can sing a good catchy hook,but when he does a whole song of singing its annoying.That said,Id still rather hear him sing then rap lol.And either way em cant sing and he should not try.