Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13019 times)

Jaydc

Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »
Shut up radiotube,go listen to gucci mane.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
nah but jay are you feelin this fareal? lol
as if relapse wasnt bad enough?

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jaydc

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 09:17:55 PM »

read my review in this thread.

JohnnyL

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 09:19:09 PM »

Why do I have a feeling that "Relapse" is going to be remembered as the better of the two albums.  And probably the scrapped tracks from "Relapse 2" if they ever leak.

Jaydc

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »
In my eyes relapse is far and away the better album.The production was way better and deju vu,beautiful,underground and stay wide awake are all better then any song on recovery.Id rather listen to 3am,hello,crack a bottle or same song and dance over any song on this album other then going through changes.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2010, 09:58:39 PM »
In my eyes relapse is far and away the better album.The production was way better and deju vu,beautiful,underground and stay wide awake are all better then any song on recovery.Id rather listen to 3am,hello,crack a bottle or same song and dance over any song on this album other then going through changes.

It's just the flow that destroys that album. I'm not even saying Recovery is all that great when I bring up MMLP. Hill You, Who Knew, and Criminal are far and away better than anything he's done in years. But Real Slim Shady is bubble gum trash, and Remember Me, I'm Back, Drug Ballad, Amity-ville, and Kim would all make Recovery a worse album than it is. Bitch Please is great but should be on an Xzibit album and Under the influence is only like 30 great seconds of Eminem. D12 don't come so hard on this track. So I go back to MMLP and listen to Stan, Way I Am, Kill You, Criminal, BP, Who Knew, and 30 seconds of Influence and completely skip and ignore RSS, Remember Me, I'm Back, Drug Ballad, Amity-ville, and Kim. With Marshal Mathers being hit or miss. So 6 songs that stand up, 6 that fall apart after 10 years, 1 in the middle and half a great verse on the group track.

I swear I'm not trying to play devil's advocate. If Real Slim Shady, Remember Me, I'm Back, Drug Ballad, Marshall Mathers, Amityville, and Kim were never released and came out as new songs on this new album they'd be among the weaker tracks. Do you really disagree? If so, I'll respect your opinion and drop it.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2010, 10:04:07 PM »

It's just the flow that destroys that album. I'm not even saying Recovery is all that great when I bring up MMLP. Hill You, Who Knew, and Criminal are far and away better than anything he's done in years. But Real Slim Shady is bubble gum trash, and Remember Me, I'm Back, Drug Ballad, Amity-ville, and Kim would all make Recovery a worse album than it is. Bitch Please is great but should be on an Xzibit album and Under the influence is only like 30 great seconds of Eminem. D12 don't come so hard on this track. So I go back to MMLP and listen to Stan, Way I Am, Kill You, Criminal, BP, Who Knew, and 30 seconds of Influence and completely skip and ignore RSS, Remember Me, I'm Back, Drug Ballad, Amity-ville, and Kim. With Marshal Mathers being hit or miss. So 6 songs that stand up, 6 that fall apart after 10 years, 1 in the middle and half a great verse on the group track.

I swear I'm not trying to play devil's advocate. If Real Slim Shady, Remember Me, I'm Back, Drug Ballad, Marshall Mathers, Amityville, and Kim were never released and came out as new songs on this new album they'd be among the weaker tracks. Do you really disagree? If so, I'll respect your opinion and drop it.

The only song I listen to from that album is Amityville.  The only song I listen to from Slim Shady LP is I'm Shady.  I bump both Eminem Show and Encore.  I thought Relapse was a dope CONCEPT album until Eminem said it wasn't one and thus I think it's a disappointing album.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2010, 10:06:11 PM »

i disagree,I love all those songs.The only iffy song to me was the 12 song.But id take all those songs over every song on this album

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »

i disagree,I love all those songs.The only iffy song to me was the 12 song.But id take all those songs over every song on this album

Well then God bless you.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08:43 PM »
so far relapse sounds much better and that album wasnt all that...
the production on relapse alone>>>>>recovery
the production on relapse is whats dope not really the rapper..but this singin shit hes been doin is wack

Why do I have a feeling that "Relapse" is going to be remembered as the better of the two albums.  And probably the scrapped tracks from "Relapse 2" if they ever leak.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2010, 10:13:20 PM »
the production on relapse is whats dope not really the rapper..but this singin shit hes been doin is wack

Forreal. Thats one of the only albums that i'll consider "a memorable/good album" based on production alone. IF ONLY we coulda had THIS Em over THOSE beats. Then that would have been a near classic IMO.

westsiderider323

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2010, 10:15:41 PM »
this album is pretty dope way better then relapse he doesnt have that annoyin ass accent overall i like this album idk y the hate tho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2010, 10:18:20 PM »
nah not even this em....em hasnt been the same rappin wise since years ago...eminem show era....IMO his dopest flow was on that SHOWDOWN song..that song is classic IMO and his flow is crazy....him and dre goin back n fourth

Forreal. Thats one of the only albums that i'll consider "a memorable/good album" based on production alone. IF ONLY we coulda had THIS Em over THOSE beats. Then that would have been a near classic IMO.
Cube

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
nah not even this em....em hasnt been the same rappin wise since years ago...eminem show era....IMO his dopest flow was on that SHOWDOWN song..that song is classic IMO and his flow is crazy....him and dre goin back n fourth

Why do I have a feeling that "Relapse" is going to be remembered as the better of the two albums.  And probably the scrapped tracks from "Relapse 2" if they ever leak.

Bad Guys Always Die? Ya that was a sick flow, I would say his Til I Collapse flow was my personal favorite. But what I meant was how he has that angry/loud flow he's got going on now. That would have went perfect with the dark/hard-hitting beats of Relapse I would think.

And listening to the Dre track again, it sounds like this was from the Relapse 2 sessions by Em's lyrics/flow. Looks like it should have been on that Refill EP. I actually really like this track, but like Just Blaze & Khalil, Dre's better work could have been easily available to Em (see Underground, Deja Vu, Hell Breaks Loose, etc). Still pissing me off how Dre isn't having a big involvment in his own artist's albums anymore. There WAS a reason MMLP/GRODT/Documentary were the way they were, and that was because Dre was completely in charge. Now it's looking as if he's not even in the picture any more.

Also, anybody notice how that White Trash Party track (which sucked) was abbreviated to W.T.P. Can anybody guess why? It's obvious Em/Jimmy were aiming for a complete radio-friendly/mainstream album here and so i guess even the titles had to be that way. Think about it, if you were to put a track titled White Trash Party amongst all the other titles on this album, it would be completely out of place, sounding like something you'd see on one of his older albums. So they abbreviated it to look like it was just another motivational/inspirational/whatever type track like the rest of them. But then again, why the fuck even have this track on the album.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

White Trash Party is really growing on me.