Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13040 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2010, 10:45:55 PM »
yeah im talkin about that song...that song is damn near amazin and str8 fire no doubt
dre's flow = dopeness
em's flow = listenable (vs relapse, encore etc flow)
but this recovery album sounds really bad...his flow, the production etc....but this was expected
1.from what relapse was soundin like
2.more importantly his flow of direction and the beats he was gettin on there after wit the features
if this album sells......IMO it has nuthin to do wit the album bein dope, but yet who he is and yeah what color he is....lol
personally I jus cant get into em's muzik and he ruins the dopest beats.....showdown was a waste of a classic beat to be given to him to spit on

nah not even this em....em hasnt been the same rappin wise since years ago...eminem show era....IMO his dopest flow was on that SHOWDOWN song..that song is classic IMO and his flow is crazy....him and dre goin back n fourth

so far relapse sounds much better and that album wasnt all that...
the production on relapse alone>>>>>recovery
the production on relapse is whats dope not really the rapper..but this singin shit hes been doin is wack

nah but jay are you feelin this fareal? lol
as if relapse wasnt bad enough?

Shut up radiotube,go listen to gucci mane.

Why do I have a feeling that "Relapse" is going to be remembered as the better of the two albums.  And probably the scrapped tracks from "Relapse 2" if they ever leak.

Forreal. Thats one of the only albums that i'll consider "a memorable/good album" based on production alone. IF ONLY we coulda had THIS Em over THOSE beats. Then that would have been a near classic IMO.

Bad Guys Always Die? Ya that was a sick flow, I would say his Til I Collapse flow was my personal favorite. But what I meant was how he has that angry/loud flow he's got going on now. That would have went perfect with the dark/hard-hitting beats of Relapse I would think.

And listening to the Dre track again, it sounds like this was from the Relapse 2 sessions by Em's lyrics/flow. Looks like it should have been on that Refill EP. I actually really like this track, but like Just Blaze & Khalil, Dre's better work could have been easily available to Em (see Underground, Deja Vu, Hell Breaks Loose, etc). Still pissing me off how Dre isn't having a big involvment in his own artist's albums anymore. There WAS a reason MMLP/GRODT/Documentary were the way they were, and that was because Dre was completely in charge. Now it's looking as if he's not even in the picture any more.

Also, anybody notice how that White Trash Party track (which sucked) was abbreviated to W.T.P. Can anybody guess why? It's obvious Em/Jimmy were aiming for a complete radio-friendly/mainstream album here and so i guess even the titles had to be that way. Think about it, if you were to put a track titled White Trash Party amongst all the other titles on this album, it would be completely out of place, sounding like something you'd see on one of his older albums. So they abbreviated it to look like it was just another motivational/inspirational/whatever type track like the rest of them. But then again, why the fuck even have this track on the album.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:48:00 PM by Ancient Chinese Secret »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Lucifuge

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2010, 10:50:08 PM »
Some posters here are straight faggots. why you checking something if you dont like it,i dont get it. you are just anttetion whors,you can die jus tlike that  8) 8)

checking this later.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2010, 11:04:50 PM »
Some posters here are straight faggots. why you checking something if you dont like it,i dont get it. you are just anttetion whors,you can die jus tlike that  8) 8)

checking this later.

Really, I think if you read this thread and then go listen to it, your gonna probably like it a lot better than if you would have came into here after listening to it. IMO, it's obviously better than all the other mainstream shit out there (and smashed the shit outta Drake's album, but that was expected). I guess everyopne has there certain expectations for Em, but in the end, this is a pretty good album, even for his standards. To me it was just a little too repetetive, dissapointing beats and a different direction than any of Em's previous work which could be a positive.

So Em was gonna make a diss track at Wayne?!? God damn, that would have been gold! It's cool that he's saying that though. Track 2 is the shit, track 1 is ill too.

mackinoz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2010, 11:10:57 PM »
kinda sucks that dre doesnt have a feature on this album considering his had a feature on every other em CD.
well we got 2 on relapse and they were both ehhh. so dont to bad i guess.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2010, 11:19:26 PM »
I prefer Drake's Thank Me Later over Eminem's Recovery.  True story.

Granted I've only had Drake's for a couple more days and Eminem's less than a day.

I'll see and come back.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2010, 11:21:49 PM »
damn thats near death....drakes voice is  :scarface:
and em's rappin is not good

I prefer Drake's Thank Me Later over Eminem's Recovery.  True story.

Granted I've only had Drake's for a couple more days and Eminem's less than a day.

I'll see and come back.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2010, 11:22:48 PM »
I love how guys are hating on this album but then praising a 12 year old soundtrack song from a Will Smith movie where the end of the song is Em and Dre trading verses about how to defeat Kevin Kline's character from the film.

You guys really need to go download Bob Dylan's first 5 albums. What's the point of debating music if all you like is the novelty of it. "It's got a good beat I can bump to it". If music doesn't speak to me I don't want to hear it. That being said, nothing on Recovery "speaks" to me. And I don't mean some pseudo serious diatribe about changing the world. Just give me something real, and I'm sorry but Wild Wild West ain't it. If it's not coming from the heart then what is the point. And I don't just mean lyrics.

This is real and from the heart just like any great song with lyrics is.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i9rg2uP_xXk&amp;a=vRFtQpE2E8Q&amp;playnext_from=ML" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i9rg2uP_xXk&amp;a=vRFtQpE2E8Q&amp;playnext_from=ML</a>

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »
Damn, 3 pages deep already.

AND DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS FOR FUCK'S SAKE!

kemizt

Lucifuge

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2010, 11:50:42 PM »
Love royce's tweet, " Recovery leaked today, MC's how do you feel about what you do! hahaha"  :D :D
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2010, 11:52:42 PM »
you dont like the showdown?   
song is....... :o
production is cold on that song

I love how guys are hating on this album but then praising a 12 year old soundtrack song from a Will Smith movie where the end of the song is Em and Dre trading verses about how to defeat Kevin Kline's character from the film.

You guys really need to go download Bob Dylan's first 5 albums. What's the point of debating music if all you like is the novelty of it. "It's got a good beat I can bump to it". If music doesn't speak to me I don't want to hear it. That being said, nothing on Recovery "speaks" to me. And I don't mean some pseudo serious diatribe about changing the world. Just give me something real, and I'm sorry but Wild Wild West ain't it. If it's not coming from the heart then what is the point. And I don't just mean lyrics.

This is real and from the heart just like any great song with lyrics is.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/i9rg2uP_xXk&amp;a=vRFtQpE2E8Q&amp;playnext_from=ML" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/i9rg2uP_xXk&amp;a=vRFtQpE2E8Q&amp;playnext_from=ML</a>
Cube

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 12:03:30 AM »
Did Dre really produce Space bound?  Some sites say that Just Blaze produced it.  Anybody have a real list of the production credits?  Thanks.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2010, 12:08:35 AM »
downloading now....so the overall criticisms are the production (which you already knew was gonna get shitted on because its not dre) and the singing (which he's done since the beginning of his career)?....and why is he being compared to drake all over this thread? wow
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

The Predator

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2010, 12:49:12 AM »
Stans are gonna go crazy, the messiah blessed them.

'6.Going Through Changes' -
 :o :o :o
Damn, that's some personal shit there.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2010, 12:55:41 AM »

Actually, they were dissing Suge Knight in that song.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2010, 12:59:30 AM »
I haven't listened this yet... I'm kinda waiting to see reviews by Lunatic & Meho though  :D