Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13032 times)

Celph_Titled06

• Lil Geezy
  • New West!!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2010, 05:45:11 AM »
What did Dre produce on this album? 

'So bad'

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2010, 06:45:33 AM »
Really, I think if you read this thread and then go listen to it, your gonna probably like it a lot better than if you would have came into here after listening to it. IMO, it's obviously better than all the other mainstream shit out there (and smashed the shit outta Drake's album, but that was expected). I guess everyopne has there certain expectations for Em, but in the end, this is a pretty good album, even for his standards. To me it was just a little too repetetive, dissapointing beats and a different direction than any of Em's previous work which could be a positive.

Exactly how I feel about this album. I came in here reading the first couple posts before listening to it, and when I heard it I thought it was a lot better than what people make it out to be. I think its not great, it could even be his worst, according to his high standards as far as production or the replay value, who knows, but the songs I'm hearing are far from wack and better than most of the shit I'm hearing from other artists. He's kinda following Snoops path;  started off with a couple dope ass albums, and from there on it's never gonna be the same again, maybe with a few exceptions on every release. People just expected some out of this world shit.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2010, 07:28:01 AM »
IMO, this is Em's best album to date.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2010, 07:37:49 AM »
Really, I think if you read this thread and then go listen to it, your gonna probably like it a lot better than if you would have came into here after listening to it. IMO, it's obviously better than all the other mainstream shit out there (and smashed the shit outta Drake's album, but that was expected). I guess everyopne has there certain expectations for Em, but in the end, this is a pretty good album, even for his standards. To me it was just a little too repetetive, dissapointing beats and a different direction than any of Em's previous work which could be a positive.

Exactly how I feel about this album. I came in here reading the first couple posts before listening to it, and when I heard it I thought it was a lot better than what people make it out to be. I think its not great, it could even be his worst, according to his high standards as far as production or the replay value, who knows, but the songs I'm hearing are far from wack and better than most of the shit I'm hearing from other artists. He's kinda following Snoops path;  started off with a couple dope ass albums, and from there on it's never gonna be the same again, maybe with a few exceptions on every release. People just expected some out of this world shit.

Same thing with me, I started reading the comments and I was afraid this is weak, even dude said that Drake album is far better then this (dude that said this is not any local dubcc idiot, dude has good posts) and I was very disappointed. Then I saw few good reviews by Luna and Cham Click and got my hopes back, and finally album has downloaded and I took some time to bump it properly . Its a really solid album, better then all mainstream shit that got released this year, its not your tipical Marshal Matthers album, but it has other qualities, like dude said, Eminem already took few different directions with Encore, Relapse and this one, and this one turned out very good. Most of people in here have problems with the beats on the album, I really dont, I mean its not Relapse quality but its not bad at all. Fans are growing older, evolving in here when it comes to music and staying in the past at the same time when it comes to Eminem albums. Its impossible to solve that problem.

PS. Comparing this with Drakes is not even an option, Recovery is on whole different level, just feels better, lyrics, beats, delivery, flow, content...I mean Drakes album is joke comparing it to Recovery.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2010, 07:51:01 AM »
I love how guys are hating on this album but then praising a 12 year old soundtrack song from a Will Smith movie where the end of the song is Em and Dre trading verses about how to defeat Kevin Kline's character from the film.

Actually, they were dissing Suge Knight in that song.

So Suge Knight ain't got no legs, they cut 'em off at the stomach. He's got mechanical legs, he spins webs?

I did make a mistake though; it was not Kevin Kline's character. It was Kenneth Branagh's.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:53:34 AM by Shallow »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2010, 07:57:44 AM »
I'll have to check out the rest of the album proper before I even think of picking this up... Just peeped a couple of the leaked tracks from Nah Right, and while Em is really on point with the flow, the production is weaksauce.

And that sample on No Love... That fucking sample. Em flows like a monster on there, but goddamn if that sample doesn't ruin the track. See, 'round my way Haddaway's "What Is Love?" (the song that's sampled here) is one of, if not the prime example of ridiculously bad, laughable, horrible techno music. When I think of "techno music that makes me want to blow my brains out", I think of Haddaway - "What Is Love?". It's one of those songs that should be archived for future generations just so they'd have a perfect example of what NOT to do when making music. I can't seriously listen to "No Love" without shaking my head and feeling ashamed for Just Blaze.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2010, 08:08:55 AM »
White Trash Party bangs hard  on the system even with this shitty quality rip :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2010, 08:12:30 AM »
They knew exactly what they were doing sampling What Is Love, its SNL certified. They did it exactly FOR that reason.

Personally, the album would be 200% better if Eminem never tried to sing, ever. That goes for all of his music actually.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2010, 08:35:58 AM »
They knew exactly what they were doing sampling What Is Love, its SNL certified. They did it exactly FOR that reason.

Personally, the album would be 200% better if Eminem never tried to sing, ever. That goes for all of his music actually.

I disagree. I think Haileys song is one of em's best songs he's ever made.

wardy

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2010, 08:40:34 AM »
I love how guys are hating on this album but then praising a 12 year old soundtrack song from a Will Smith movie where the end of the song is Em and Dre trading verses about how to defeat Kevin Kline's character from the film.

Actually, they were dissing Suge Knight in that song.

So Suge Knight ain't got no legs, they cut 'em off at the stomach. He's got mechanical legs, he spins webs?

I did make a mistake though; it was not Kevin Kline's character. It was Kenneth Branagh's.

There was several shots aimed at Suge Knight in that track

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2010, 08:44:27 AM »
You guys really need to go download Bob Dylan's first 5 albums. What's the point of debating music if all you like is the novelty of it. "It's got a good beat I can bump to it". If music doesn't speak to me I don't want to hear it. That being said, nothing on Recovery "speaks" to me. And I don't mean some pseudo serious diatribe about changing the world. Just give me something real, and I'm sorry but Wild Wild West ain't it. If it's not coming from the heart then what is the point. And I don't just mean lyrics.

Kill You isn't from the heart and doesn't speak to anyone. As a matter of fact most of Eminem's music isn't intended to be taken seriously. I don't see how you can feel that way and still be a fan of Eminem considering a lot of his music is made for its shock value.

Music is music because of the way it sounds. Lyrics that "speak to you" won't make a song a good piece of music. You also need it to sound good. While I agree that the best songs can do both, production is always more important when it comes to music. Real lyrics over shitty production doesn't make better music than "fake" lyrics over great production. After all, if it were just about the lyrics we might as well all go and listen to spoken word artists and forget this hip hop nonsense.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 08:46:24 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »
Only just heard this once, not fully through, skipped midway through some tracks but im kinda impressed. It gets weaker near the end but even then there are some strong tracks near the end like almost famous, that shits dope!

The lil wayne track really suprised me, that shits straight fire! Lil wayne came good and not only that he actually fits the track perfect and eminem spittin like he on crack or some shit, straight dope. and the adilibs really blend in with the vibe of the track well.

Only one spin thus far but im impressed with it. Will do a review when i get to check it properly but it looks good.

On a side note, i think im the only person who still has not heard the nas/damien marlry album. I aint downloading that and i aint got around to coppin it yet! grrrr

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2010, 08:52:11 AM »
On a side note, dres production on eminems first two albums was brilliant, agree though ever since eminem show, dres work with eminem has not been great at all.

Portugoal

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2010, 09:03:39 AM »
I haven't read this thread, but I will read (some) replies after this one.

Is this worth downloading? I haven't heard a single song from this yet, but I'm not interested either. Should I keep it that way?

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:12 AM »
On the second day and my second complete listen (in 320kbps), I'm really starting to like it. It's like, ya it's a lot different than Em's previous work, but it's still a great CD regardless. I'm liking some of the tracks that I didn't care much for yesterday (Cindarella Man, 25 To Life). Still don't care for W.T.P., Seduction and the Rihanna track, which just so happens to be the next single. I'm pretty sure that's some Khalil production on Cindarella Man featuring The New Royales.

And in terms of the No Love sample, I actually started laughing when I realized they were gonna be sampling that throughout the song, don't think I ever heard that in a rap song before, which made it cool with me. That was Just Blaze?? I'll say it again though, putting Wayne on as the only rapper featured was a slap in the face to everyone else on Aftermath/Shady/Interscope. And giving him the first verse?! It was a good track, but that kind of stuff I just don't understand.

Also, the Drake comparisions are only being made because he's the only other "hottest" rapper out right now, and they happen to be dropping on the same day. But in the end, you guys are right, no comparision needed here.

On a side note, dres production on eminems first two albums was brilliant, agree though ever since eminem show, dres work with eminem has not been great at all.

Really? You didn't like Relapse's production? That had to have been one of the best produced rap albums of the decade! Just the way it was so theatrically/dark sounding, all flowing together and just plain sounded miles ahead of everything else to me. And THAT is Dre's new sound by the way, for anyone thinking he's still on all that piano/strings shit.