Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13198 times)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2010, 02:05:31 AM »
Eminem is corny now, get over it and stop over analyzing the shit.  face it, he's just not that great anymore no matter how tight he puts his words together.  Even Pac would've gotten to this status 1 day

^ lol, true. Eminem has drop many gems, but for me, he f'd up with all the corny comedy rap, never liked that shit. Kinda agree with Pac, Snoop fallen off..... but Cube still going strong, plus you know how much of a workhorse Pac was, so I dunno.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2010, 02:07:21 AM »
Some of you dudes are just trippin, this is not the best album in the world for sure. But its a good one, just bump it and relax.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Lucifuge

« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2010, 03:03:46 AM »
Album is dope. only track i skipped is that with Pink. Rihanna joint could be a single. Proof track could be better,hook is teribel on that track.

For me album is 4/5... some greate tracks on there.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2010, 03:06:16 AM »
1. "Cold Wind Blows" [Prod. By Just Blaze]
2. "Talkin' 2 Myself" (featuring Kobe) [Prod. By DJ Khalil]
3. "On Fire" [Prod. By Mr. Porter]
4. "Won't Back Down" (featuring Pink) [Prod. By DJ Khalil]
5. "W.T.P." [Prod. By DJ Khalil]
6. "Going Through Changes" [Prod. By Emile]
7. "Not Afraid" [Prod. By Boi-1da]
8. "Seduction" [Prod. By Boi-1da]
9. "No Love" (featuring Lil Wayne) [Prod. By Just Blaze]
10. "Space Bound" [Prod. By Jim Jonsin]
11. "Cinderella Man" [Prod. By Just Blaze]
12. "25 to Life" [Prod. By DJ Khalil]
13. "So Bad" [Prod. By Dr. Dre]
14. "Almost Famous" [Prod. By Just Blaze]
15. "Love the Way You Lie" (featuring Rihanna) [Prod. By Alex Da Kid]
16. "You're Never Over" [Prod. By Just Blaze]
17. "Here We Go"(Untitled) [Prod. By Havoc]
executive producer Dr.Dre?
in that case, he didn't do a great job(based on what i've heard so far, haven't heard the whole album)

Overall!!

I think this is easily eminems best effort in a long long time. Dude actually impressed me on this. He aint the same cat who spit on mmlp and sslp because he was hungry, young and fresh and new back then and everything coming out then was stronger and he was tearing it up back then. And then he dropped albums like encore which sounded so washed up and he sounded completely a new dude on the mic, like fully lost. And then relapse which sound like he was REALLY fucked up. Even if at times he flow was crazy. But on this dude sounds like he has found a flow which fits for him and is able to flow with it to nice lines, like dude aint wilding out to the proportion on relapse and sounds alot fresher than on encore. Im pleasantly impressed. The hooks aint memorable mostly however. He could have done with someone helping him out there but i dont mind him being abit vocal at times in rhyme because it kinda fits his style and this is definately a step up. I dont know who produced the music mostly but the new cats younger and fresher definately gave eminem some new fuel imo and it helped. I aint got no doubt about that whatsoever. I think its a solid cd. Best i heard eminem in AGES. I definately wasnt expecting this and its got some joints i'll check past having as an album like where it goes into my my playlist like almost famous and a few others...

Not bad at all...

I don't know what my scores average out as but i dont really work it like that anyway for me.

For me its somewhere between a 7-8/10 album. In todays market in whats coming out in shops as albums, this is pretty solid.

Congrats to eminem to stepping up lol

Oh and on a side note...lmao@virtuoso and dre day lol :D ''even lyrical g likes it'' haha...y'all aint the only ones suprised!

:D props on the detailed review, you were really honest and i appreciate that
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:55:05 AM by From Dre-Day to Helter Skelter »

RedMagic213

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2010, 04:52:55 AM »
No Love !!!!!

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2010, 07:56:51 AM »
No Love and Almost Famous  8) My favourite two joints off the album. Best tracks imo, them two joints be straight heat! The lil wayne joint could probably be kinda big imo if they released it.

Blaze is a beast...and dudes daring sampling like he did on no love lol but it goes perfect.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2010, 08:10:30 AM »
Some of you dudes are just trippin, this is not the best album in the world for sure. But its a good one, just bump it and relax.

that's what i'm saying; but it just goes to show you how high people's expectations of Eminem are.

clearly so high that a CD that they would of called "solid" at least for anybody else, is "absolute garbage" for Eminem.

LyRiCaL_G, i was feelin' the review. ;)

anybody else find it funny that literally a page ago Radiotube went on a rant saying "lol at y'all lamez listening to otha pplz opinions, rah, rah, rah" & now for probably the eighth time in the thread he's expressed his opinion. :D

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2010, 08:21:49 AM »
clearly so high that a CD that they would of called "solid" at least for anybody else, is "absolute garbage" for Eminem.

nah nah, for some people it might be true but i think you are writing off any valid criticisms people might have. i have no bias on the artist, if its good ill like it, if its bad i wont. for example im a huge royce fan but im willing to admit bar exam 3 was a failure. if any single rap artist came out with this cd id have the exact same critiisms:

-the production was servicable but boring, more of a backdrop than a beat. now im sure this is what em wanted since normally all those producers come with heat, but its not something i enjoy.
-the hooks were weak and em had no place to be singing as many as he did.
-the lyrics were technically skilled (multis etc), but very few songs  had a well executed concept
-too many celebrity references, its worse than the game namedropping rappers at this point

so everyone is entitled to their opinion but i think it would hard to not even agree slightly with my criticisms. it wont stop you enjoying the album, but at least understand its not always to do with people "expecting too much" or "hating" on em

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #218 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49:27 AM »
im enjoying the album thoroughly for the most part, about a third of it anyway....no love and the pink song being my least favorites....cold wind blows is my shit, and Cinderella man is on some next shit, very dope...i do think there is ton of over analyzing, i think this is a very solid album, and while its clear that em is past his hayday, he still has an absolutely impeccable flow which is impossible to front on...alot of the criticism about the production is unfair because he coulda had premo, pete rock and rza on the beats and half of the comments woulda still been 'dre beats woulda been better'....fuck all that, relapse had great production that i will never listen to again because of the horrible song topics/subject matter...its a no win situation here for eminem with most heads just because he did what everyone wanted (dropped the accent, went back to introspective lyrics and deeper subject matter for the most part, and got outside production) and is still getting shitted on....im not feeling every song, but its far and away better than his last two
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Paul

« Reply #219 on: June 09, 2010, 09:06:33 AM »

funkyfreshintheflesh

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #220 on: June 09, 2010, 09:07:59 AM »
I just cant digest that Pink track, I skip that shit after one minute, other then that I was surprised with Rihanna track, even the bitch could not make that song unlistenable.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Suga Foot

« Reply #221 on: June 09, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »
The more I listen to the album, the better it gets.  Also, I know it shouldn't matter, but after reading the production credits I like it more. 

My one beef is that it sounds like the producers made beats for Eminem.  So rather than having Eminem over a Just Blaze beat, we get Just Blaze trying to bend his style for Eminem (Cold Wind Blows for example). 

And since Em went and got outside producers for the album, it would have been cool to see him go all out with features too (TI, B.o.B., D12, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Jay-Z)

just my .02

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #222 on: June 09, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »
I agree base god..i don't think most people who are complaining about the album are expecting too much from em. Most gripes seem to be valid the whiney singing he uses is annoying, the beats are just good enough but nothin too hot with the exception of a couple and yes he spits dope rhymes but to me the delivery is not all that. I prefer when em uses his natural voice rather then yelling. I compare it to daz in his deathrow days when his vocals were more smooth thats the daz i preferred but once he started shouting his rhymes i lost interest.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #223 on: June 09, 2010, 10:30:23 AM »
lol @ chamillitarybitch, she's still at it.  i like her lil word games tryna be all smooth with tha words n shit.  say im doing 1 thing but i'm not and whole time its really her doing it,,, classic game lol.  Eminem is washed up now, that's that.  And BG you're tryppin if u think BarExam3 was wack... smh

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2010, 01:11:43 PM »
The more I listen to the album, the better it gets.  Also, I know it shouldn't matter, but after reading the production credits I like it more. 

My one beef is that it sounds like the producers made beats for Eminem.  So rather than having Eminem over a Just Blaze beat, we get Just Blaze trying to bend his style for Eminem (Cold Wind Blows for example). 

And since Em went and got outside producers for the album, it would have been cool to see him go all out with features too (TI, B.o.B., D12, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent, Jay-Z)

just my .02

C/S the bolded.