Author Topic: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13054 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Eminem - Recovery (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2010, 01:21:58 PM »
lol @ chamillitarybitch, she's still at it.  i like her lil word games tryna be all smooth with tha words n shit.  say im doing 1 thing but i'm not and whole time its really her doing it,,, classic game lol.  Eminem is washed up now, that's that.  And BG you're tryppin if u think BarExam3 was wack... smh

lol, you clearly said, "who gives a fuck what ChamillitaryClick or any other fucker says? it's your opinion" & then go on in the SAME post explaining your opinion... :loco:

& Bar Exam III had about seven good songs; considering it had around 20 (not counting skits) that's not exactly good.

the best songs on it were good, but overall it wasn't as good as i thought it was going to be.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
Cold Wind Blows 3.5/5

Talking to Myself 4.5/5

On Fire 3/5

Won't Back Down 4/5

WTP - 4/5

Going Through Changes 5/5

Not Afraid 4.5/5

Seduction 3.5/5

No Love 4.5/5

Space Bound 4.5/5

Cinderella Man 4/5

25 To Life 4.5/5

So Bad 2.5/5

Almost Famous 4.5/5

Love The Way You Lie 4/5

You're Never Over 3/5

This is a great album, yes there are some corny moments on here, particularly the singing but a lot of the time it blends well enough. The exception to that is You're Never Over could have been a terrific song had it been for the awful singing on it. So Bad is the same old, same old dre production, and the song is not in the least bit inspiring. On Fire is okay but was a little disappointing but the rest for me ranges between good to very very good.

Just my opinion but fuck it, as for wanting it to sound good, of course I wanted it to sound good but the first time I heard this I realised damn I really like this. There are some songs in here not employing that deep insistent intense flow, but actually shit, at least he adds some emotion to his voice, so many rappers just rap with one voice.
To me this is the window into Eminem's mind, introspection is what keeps me captivated, I don't think it's contrived, it's too personal to be contrived
Anyways that's just my opinion and i will try and let it lie now lol

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:46:30 PM by virtuoso »

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »
Some of you dudes are just trippin, this is not the best album in the world for sure. But its a good one, just bump it and relax.

that's what i'm saying; but it just goes to show you how high people's expectations of Eminem are.

clearly so high that a CD that they would of called "solid" at least for anybody else, is "absolute garbage" for Eminem.

Eminem SHOULD have high expectations, The music he makes that I like from him is very hard to make, and can be hit or miss..  And I don't see why this album is solid.  Because of the big budget names and features?  To me that doesn't give you a pass for a solid album.  Even on the grandest stage, you have to earn your praise.  The beats on here are good enough to work with.  It's Eminem I am rating here: the songs lack focus.

The same problem with Encore and Relapse.  There was nothing you could take away from alot of the songs.  Eminem is good because he is good at writing about his life in a way that you can relate to it.  He doesn't do this too often on Recovery, it's a 1-sided affair for alot of the songs..

Let's use Cinderella Man as an example.  "Music is my time machine" that's relatable, I'm feeling it..  Than "Cinderella Man, Cinderella Man", that automatically brings the POV right to Eminem.  It's a song about himself, not about music.  Very isolating to listen to, as a listener.

There is a fine line in this phrase: "Music is about your life, not you."  Eminem didn't meet that, and even with the tools he has, falls into an average rapper on this CD.  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »
Also another thing, I'm already tired of the big sounding snare Dre trended, and now every producer uses it..

Jaydc

« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2010, 02:57:34 PM »
The more I listen to it,the less I like the album.I couldnt even make it through the album my third go round,I started skipping almost every song a minute into it  :-\

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2010, 03:03:11 PM »
Some of you dudes are just trippin, this is not the best album in the world for sure. But its a good one, just bump it and relax.

that's what i'm saying; but it just goes to show you how high people's expectations of Eminem are.

clearly so high that a CD that they would of called "solid" at least for anybody else, is "absolute garbage" for Eminem.

Eminem SHOULD have high expectations, The music he makes that I like from him is very hard to make, and can be hit or miss..  And I don't see why this album is solid.  Because of the big budget names and features?  To me that doesn't give you a pass for a solid album.  Even on the grandest stage, you have to earn your praise.  The beats on here are good enough to work with.  It's Eminem I am rating here: the songs lack focus.

The same problem with Encore and Relapse.  There was nothing you could take away from alot of the songs.  Eminem is good because he is good at writing about his life in a way that you can relate to it.  He doesn't do this too often on Recovery, it's a 1-sided affair for alot of the songs..

Let's use Cinderella Man as an example.  "Music is my time machine" that's relatable, I'm feeling it..  Than "Cinderella Man, Cinderella Man", that automatically brings the POV right to Eminem.  It's a song about himself, not about music.  Very isolating to listen to, as a listener.

There is a fine line in this phrase: "Music is about your life, not you."  Eminem didn't meet that, and even with the tools he has, falls into an average rapper on this CD.  

Westcoast Hip Hop stays fallin in this pitfall faithfully

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »

That is a very good point.  I believe it is starting to change now, with the West Coast rappers becoming more conscience, that's a good look.  But yes, that is why I don't listen to that genre as much as I used to (I like to think I grew up alot.)  That is one of the reasons I always argue East Coast/Midwest are better lyricists than any other region..

Pgb

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
Had a hard time with my first listen, wanted to skip track at 10  to the the end.. Second half of the album was hard to go through, didn't even feel like I was listening to an Eminem's album. His voice just sound boring. No standout track, no standout beat at all. Production is boring too... At least Relapse had nice production and I could get past the accent. Let's see how more listen will affect this.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2010, 03:25:09 PM »

That is a very good point.  I believe it is starting to change now, with the West Coast rappers becoming more conscience, that's a good look.  But yes, that is why I don't listen to that genre as much as I used to (I like to think I grew up alot.)  That is one of the reasons I always argue East Coast/Midwest are better lyricists than any other region..

i don't wanna generalize bcuz that would be wrong but the East and MidWest are bcuz that's their style.  WestCoast stay failing at that, they only have a handful of rappers who actually try 2 integrate the MC part of rapping with their style like Crooked I or Bishop Lamont.  When Ice Cube said "this ain't Virginia this the Westcoast" or some shit like that i was like "ok son, i feel u, but u know ur dead wrong 4 actin' like all that shit don't matter when it comes to WestCoast rap".  When MOST of the producted on the westcoast sounded like Dr. Dre wannabes with the boom-bap and the same ass piano melody and chord i was lookin' like how tha fuck can y'all rank on the south when ALL of y'all shit sound the same, and the shit was boring as hell.  i loved "that's on the set" by Glasses Malone but the only thing that fucked it up was it was on that CripSet shit, yeah it's a track full of Crips but if they made that shit more universal then that shit woulda been Certified IME.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2010, 04:15:58 PM »
Em singing on "you're never over"

WOW

LMAO

and the Dre beat on So Bad:  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:18:16 PM by Long Beach Iz Active »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »

I think the problem is the fans (aka the people on this forum). There are quite a lot of underground west coast rappers putting out meaningful music, but you notice that Death Row and the new west is all this forum talks about. The west gets pidgeon-holed to the point where anyone not spitting that gangsta shit is overlooked. And even if they aren't overlooked, they aren't considered west coast because some people have it in their head that the west coast sounds a certain way. Hell look at the Black Eyed Peas. They are the most successful group from the west right now but no one acknowledges they are west coast.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »
rapsodie...what has bep made that was dope for the streets to like?
come on g...they make radio muzik
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »

i don't wanna generalize bcuz that would be wrong but the East and MidWest are bcuz that's their style.  WestCoast stay failing at that, they only have a handful of rappers who actually try 2 integrate the MC part of rapping with their style like Crooked I or Bishop Lamont.  When Ice Cube said "this ain't Virginia this the Westcoast" or some shit like that i was like "ok son, i feel u, but u know ur dead wrong 4 actin' like all that shit don't matter when it comes to WestCoast rap".  When MOST of the producted on the westcoast sounded like Dr. Dre wannabes with the boom-bap and the same ass piano melody and chord i was lookin' like how tha fuck can y'all rank on the south when ALL of y'all shit sound the same, and the shit was boring as hell.  i loved "that's on the set" by Glasses Malone but the only thing that fucked it up was it was on that CripSet shit, yeah it's a track full of Crips but if they made that shit more universal then that shit woulda been Certified IME.

Yeah, I Feel you.  I have no problem with the production sound from the West, I just wish more emphasis would be put on lyrics and content subject.  And as you said, a few of the New West artists have figured out how to do that, while still keep their Western heritage intact.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »
The west gets pidgeon-holed to the point where anyone not spitting that gangsta shit is overlooked.

That's not true, whenever I hear a new artist I don't care where he's from, if he's spitting nice I'll fuck with him.

I am not overlooking the fact that alot of good artists have emerged from the West in the past couple of years.  While it is surprising, it still pales in comparison to the number of artists of this caliber that are coming out of the Eastern area..  Just the way it is..

For the longest time I Thought Alchemist was from the East...  Just by listening to his style of production. 

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2010, 05:29:05 PM »
Somebody please PM me and help me out
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)