Author Topic: DubCC Collaboration Track - My Notes (PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING)  (Read 206 times)

Bananas

Hello gents, this your boy B A N A N A S.

I will be helmsman production wise for this project. Good looks to the guys who initially got this off the floor and in to people's heads.

If you plan on contributing to this track (and I hope a few of you are), I'm going to need you to help me by fulfilling a few requirements, all of which are standard protocol in hip hop recording sessions at studios I've worked for. Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:

3 SEPARATE A CAPELLA FILES OF YOUR VERSE. NOT 3 COPIES, BUT THREE DIFFERENT TAKES, EACH ONE IN IT'S OWN SEPARATE FILE. THIS IS IMPORTANT.

2 OVERDUB A CAPELLA FILES. OVERDUBS IN HIP HOP PROJECTS ARE THE VOCAL OVERLAYS USED TO SWEETEN PARTS YOU FEEL YOU WANT TO REINFORCE.

(OPTIONAL) 1 COPY OF AN AD LIB TRACK. ESSENTIALLY THE SHIT TALKING YOU HEAR IN THE BACKGROUND OF SOME RAPPERS VERSES. AGAIN IN A CAPELLA FORM.

THAT'S IT!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since I will be receiving several files from several sources, the best thing we can hope to do to make this sound somewhat uniform is follow some formatting protocol.

ALL FILES MUST BE IN MP3 FORMAT (PLEASE NO WAV, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR SPACE TO WASTE ON SUCH LARGE FILES) IN AT LEAST 192K BIT RATE.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO COMPRESS, EQ, OR OTHERWISE MASTER YOUR VOCALS IN ANY WAY. SEND THEM TO ME AS IS, SO I CAN APPLY THE SAME PLUG-INS WITHIN PRO TOOLS TO ALL OF THE VERSES, THUS HELPING WITH A MORE COHESIVE SOUND.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Basically, this shit isn't hard guys (nh). If you can muster the strength to record 3 takes along with some overdubs and PM them to me in a zshare or what have you link, we're in business.

I've worked with a bunch of rappers, including one that some people here dickride to the extreme (cough cough LBIA), and trust me: No one sounds great rapping one verse in to a mic on their own. Even you can put out a decent record as long as your mic isn't a complete piece of shit.

I have faith in most of you mc's here, let's see you bring it!