Author Topic: Why Do You All Hate On Relapse So Much?  (Read 977 times)

WCoastTillIDie

Why Do You All Hate On Relapse So Much?
« on: June 08, 2010, 02:24:15 AM »
I think it's a decent album, way better than Encore definitely.  Dre's production was absolutely incredible in my opinion.  Probably 85% of the album was classic Dre material.  A few songs I didn't like in terms of production.  But, I didn't like the album a whole lot because of the lyrics.  I actually don't mind the accent.  So why don't you all like Relapse that much?  And one other thing, I think that Relapse overall is better than Recovery (I'll listen to Recovery a few more times so I can make a final judgement but so far that's what I'm thinking.)

Jaydc

Re: Why Do You All Hate On Relapse So Much?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 02:27:42 AM »
Ill agree with relapse being better then recovery.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:33:46 AM »
The main problem with the Relapse was Eminem doing a Kurupt and rapping complete nonsense for the most part. The beats were top drawer.

Celph_Titled06

• Lil Geezy
  • New West!!
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:38:08 AM »
cos thats what people do.... hate, on anything.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 02:43:28 AM »
im going to be called a hater but i think calling this classic dre material is strat up fanboyism. dre completely fell off, the beats werent terrible but they were far from good dre beats. even ppl who like the album, most of them are not going to call it classic by any means.

eminem himself has admitted the album was a mess, its ok for people to like it, but lets not pretend it was a good album because it was very average.

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 02:44:29 AM »
lol.. even Em hates on it

Celph_Titled06

• Lil Geezy
  • New West!!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 02:50:57 AM »
lol.. even Em hates on it

HA classic. 'Fuck my last CD, the shits in my trash' conversation over.
i do love that album though no matter what people or even em says

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 03:05:16 AM »
relapse is a solid cd. i wasnt keen on it at first, but its probably my favourite after sslp now

i added the refill cuts to a 2nd cd along with 'my darling' and 'be careful what you wish for' and its dopness from start to finish
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

StreetsAllSalute

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 03:10:17 AM »
because deja vu and beautiful aside its unlistenable(if thats a word)

Bananas

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 03:11:29 AM »
The accent.

MrJas

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 03:24:45 AM »
I think Relapse is dope, the beats were insane.
You expect me to download an album that isn't real?  Sorry, but I can't sign this.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 03:28:49 AM »
I enjoyed the production for the most part of the album (including refill), I liked the wordplay and flow on some of the songs and although subject matter wasn't all that different from the classic and vintage em material (97-01), it just wasn't as appealing.I think it is a solid album, haven't peeped Recovery but all that singing I'm hearing about doesn't give me much hope.I hated it on Not Afraid and pretty much on every joint he's done it.

I will say this though, to me, the best joint from the whole relapse refill music is My Darling.That shit is ill (minus,again, the singing).Em not using any "accents", not yelling, having a somewhat dope concept while ripping shit up.Hell, Dre's few bars are fucking great and perfectly timed in the song,  some of the best shit he's spit since Hittman stopped writing for him
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 04:49:22 AM »
im going to be called a hater but i think calling this classic dre material is strat up fanboyism. dre completely fell off, the beats werent terrible but they were far from good dre beats. even ppl who like the album, most of them are not going to call it classic by any means.

eminem himself has admitted the album was a mess, its ok for people to like it, but lets not pretend it was a good album because it was very average.

haha that's why he called it "Relapse."  He was fucked up at the time making it.  However, I thought that the beats were very good, with classics like Bagpipes From Baghdad, Deja Vu, Hello (I personally loved the beat.)  But you are entitled to your own opinion. 

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 04:50:32 AM »
The main problem with the Relapse was Eminem doing a Kurupt and rapping complete nonsense for the most part. The beats were top drawer.

Totally agree with the Kurupt rambling and talking complete nonsense part.  Very spot on man.  Beautiful, lyrically, didn't have that problem.  And that problem of rambling was evident in Recovery, but not as much.  

andre

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 05:06:15 AM »
I think it's a decent album, way better than Encore definitely.  Dre's production was absolutely incredible in my opinion.  Probably 85% of the album was classic Dre material.  A few songs I didn't like in terms of production.  But, I didn't like the album a whole lot because of the lyrics.  I actually don't mind the accent.  So why don't you all like Relapse that much?  And one other thing, I think that Relapse overall is better than Recovery (I'll listen to Recovery a few more times so I can make a final judgement but so far that's what I'm thinking.)

I totally agree with you bro.
I still bounce relapse in my car and i still love it.
The production on it is superb and shady's lyrics/accent are not boring to me.
His metaforically rapping suits the dre beats.

I can imagine that people are hating this album because they want a new marshall mathers lp or eminem show. Time has not stood still and people change with direction regarding to music.

And i am not dissapointed if recovery isn''t on that relapse level, because i respect the fact that eminem is evolving in his music.
We must respect his creativity and his creation to make a album in which he beleives.
And our power as consumers is that we can give our opinion.