Author Topic: Why Do You All Hate On Relapse So Much?  (Read 974 times)

JohnnyL

Re: Why Do You All Hate On Relapse So Much?
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 09:55:30 AM »
the accent definitely killed the whole album

after mutiple listens, i barely noticed it though.

still, it's better without it.

Same here.  It kind of bothered me for maybe the first two times I listened to the album all the way through.  After that, I didn't even notice it.  For what it's worth, I think that over time, "Relapse" will be appreciated much more than it is now.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 10:01:03 AM »
I still love Relapse. The production was amazing and I'm not talking specifically about the beat but just the way it all flowed together, seqeuncing, skits... And I really dug the whole horror persona and drug addiction storytelling... It won a Grammy for a reason. I know that Action always brings up what Em said but I think that was basically a cop out from Em due to the backlash for the accent. Only tracks I don't like are Insane, We Made You and Medicine Ball. Replace those tracks and add the Relapse: Refill joints and it would be easily my favorite Em cd and in general a close (personal) classic. Only problem of course remains the accent.

As far as comparing it to Recovery, I still haven't fully listened to that album yet so I can't comment. But they sound so different it's probably hard to compare. Which is on the other hand also great because it says that Em keeps reinventing himself.

Damn Medicine Ball has one of the sickest beats on the album...Shit just bangs so hard. You will like Recovery homie thats guaranteed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 11:17:03 AM »
I thought that album was dope. I couldnt stand the accents he was using on encore like that song where he raps like triumph the insult dog...but for some reason the accents didnt really bother me much on relapse and i thought his ryhmes were pretty cleve a lot of time. Plus I tend to hate a eminem that yells his raps and sings whiney hooks more then the accents that he used on relapse. He yelled a lot on the eminem show album too which is why i didnt like eminem show, encore and recovery. Goes to show im not a huge eminem fan but some people just like certain sounds from a artist that others tend to not like.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 12:24:24 AM »
Relapse is a fucking great album/ he is off the wall with his lyrics and the beats are banging and the album goes from song to song perfectly. way better than recovery.

Lucifuge

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 12:39:26 AM »
I like it couse it is a concept album,you can film a movie about shit. Production is amazing,not beat makeing,production,shit is next level!
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 01:55:26 AM »
I like it couse it is a concept album,you can film a movie about shit. Production is amazing,not beat makeing,production,shit is next level!

yeah thats what i was tryin to say also. its a concept album that was mastered by EM n Dre

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »

Definitely not a bad album and some good songs but songs like Must Be The Ganja, Medicine Ball, Bagpipes Over Baghdad, Insane are just sub par in my opinion.
The bonus tracks are better than anything on the album though
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:36:37 PM by virtuoso »

Jay_J

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
actually the problem was eminem's rap on relapse, there was nothing interesting about his rap except of some songs like insane, same song&dance... most of the album his performance, his flows, his rhymes sounds like something simple, something good enough you can hear on any hiphop album... this album, this beats (like mom, underground, bagpipes from baghdad) would be one of eminem's classics with his magic rap we got used to... what i think is it was better then encore overall, i mean when you listen both from start to end, relapse makes you listen all.. most of em good enough... but on encore there were some songs to skip, but also the fact is there were some hits, some classics you gonna rewind back and listen again on encore, like mockinbird, encore, evil deeds, we as americans, love you more... there weren't a classic eminem song on relapse you gonna remember a few years later, but you will always remember a mockingbird... but that doesn't mean encore was better then relapse... shit was banging... just eminem didn't show what he is capable of....

Blood$

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2010, 09:28:44 AM »

WCoastTillIDie

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2010, 12:38:17 PM »
i think it was better than Encore, but it wasn't as good as Recovery.

he spit an untouchable flow, but from a lyrical standpoint, it had points where you were like "wtf?"; Dre came through with some insane beats though & i still bump.

3AM
My Mom
Same Song & Dance
Stay Wide Awake
Must Be The Ganga
Deja Vu
Beautiful
Underground

all songs i still bump from time to time; the accent hurt it all around though.

why did people hate on it? beats me. ???
I don't need that emo shit or need a message in every song, fuck that shit sometimes I just wanna turn my brain off lol.

i prefer a song with a message, but i agree; i don't always need it. sometimes i just want music to vibe with.

Hip Hop is just music.

music, like every other form of it, is just something you hear, process in your head & either accept what you're hearing or reject it.

there is no law saying that "it must have a message" & when Eminem spit bars off Relapse, sure, some didn't make sense, some were random as fuck; but the way the rhyme structure came together, even with an accent was something i could bump & just be like "i dig it".

people have to understand that messages in today's Hip Hop are retarded, mostly due to the fans.

nearly EVERYTHING has been talked about; so if you get somebody whose rapping about something they already made a song about, people bitch that he "already did it".

so he switches up & raps about something else & then people bitch again that "it's not real/it's not him/it's stupid".

Eminem surprisingly enough is a prime example; people use to bitch that all he rapped about was his mother, drugs & Kim; he gets away from that & people find something else to bitch about lol.

same goes for new age rappers; they make a song & somebody bitches that somebody already did that or rapped about that or that it sounds too much like someone else.

there will always be people bitching about what rappers are spitting about, so looking for messages in Hip Hop, when you know that no matter what the fuck they spit about, it's going to me manipulated in a way where it's "been done" or it's "not good", is a waste of a complaint lol.

just let rappers make songs & if you like them, you like them, if you don't, you don't; fuck searching deep to make sure it means something before you give it a thumbs up.

Dude, FANTASTIC POST!  I completely agree with you.  I love it when rappers spit poetical, deep lyrics, I love it a lot.  But I do want to hear a good flow and great beats and Relapse delivered.  But, why do you like Recovery more then Relapse?  Just curious.  I've been trying to get into it, but I only like 3 songs off of it so far (listened to it like 5 times.)

Jaydc

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2010, 01:01:39 PM »
I think recovery is wack.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2010, 04:06:32 PM »
i think it was better than Encore, but it wasn't as good as Recovery.

he spit an untouchable flow, but from a lyrical standpoint, it had points where you were like "wtf?"; Dre came through with some insane beats though & i still bump.

3AM
My Mom
Same Song & Dance
Stay Wide Awake
Must Be The Ganga
Deja Vu
Beautiful
Underground

all songs i still bump from time to time; the accent hurt it all around though.

why did people hate on it? beats me. ???
I don't need that emo shit or need a message in every song, fuck that shit sometimes I just wanna turn my brain off lol.

i prefer a song with a message, but i agree; i don't always need it. sometimes i just want music to vibe with.

Hip Hop is just music.

music, like every other form of it, is just something you hear, process in your head & either accept what you're hearing or reject it.

there is no law saying that "it must have a message" & when Eminem spit bars off Relapse, sure, some didn't make sense, some were random as fuck; but the way the rhyme structure came together, even with an accent was something i could bump & just be like "i dig it".

people have to understand that messages in today's Hip Hop are retarded, mostly due to the fans.

nearly EVERYTHING has been talked about; so if you get somebody whose rapping about something they already made a song about, people bitch that he "already did it".

so he switches up & raps about something else & then people bitch again that "it's not real/it's not him/it's stupid".

Eminem surprisingly enough is a prime example; people use to bitch that all he rapped about was his mother, drugs & Kim; he gets away from that & people find something else to bitch about lol.

same goes for new age rappers; they make a song & somebody bitches that somebody already did that or rapped about that or that it sounds too much like someone else.

there will always be people bitching about what rappers are spitting about, so looking for messages in Hip Hop, when you know that no matter what the fuck they spit about, it's going to me manipulated in a way where it's "been done" or it's "not good", is a waste of a complaint lol.

just let rappers make songs & if you like them, you like them, if you don't, you don't; fuck searching deep to make sure it means something before you give it a thumbs up.

Dude, FANTASTIC POST!  I completely agree with you.  I love it when rappers spit poetical, deep lyrics, I love it a lot.  But I do want to hear a good flow and great beats and Relapse delivered.  But, why do you like Recovery more then Relapse?  Just curious.  I've been trying to get into it, but I only like 3 songs off of it so far (listened to it like 5 times.)

Respect. 8)

The more I'm listening to Recovery, the more I'm starting to feel like the replay value is progressively getting worse & worse.

I still feel overall Recovery has a better solid sound from start to finish & I can bump every song.

Also, even though I said the replay value is declining, I'm also hearing things in every song I didn't pick up the first couple of listens.

I made that "Recovery >>> Relapse" claim after one listen; in a month I'll check back in & maybe I'll have a change of heart; we'll see.