Author Topic: Who will be buying Hood Star by Crooked I? (well, by Wide awake really)  (Read 1247 times)

simon

• 'G'
  • westcoast killuminati
Despite what the homie Crooked says i'm gettin that shit anyway cause it's gonna have some of his row flow. he need to step up his indie album hustle

Portugoal

Have any of you guys ever been to a real club? LOL @ complaining about the beers being 4.50 when they are like $15 a piece in big clubs. Mixed drinks are almost twice that.

you pay 15 bucks for a drink? hahaha

Raphael

fuck no, the stuff he did on deathrow was garbage.

JohnnyL

Really, I feel pretty good about buying it since it's probably the only Crooked I album I'll ever have to buy.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Really, I feel pretty good about buying it since it's probably the only Crooked I album I'll ever have to buy.
yeah, don't get sentimental though :laugh:

love33

To the people on here who say "crooked i doesnt want me to buy it so im not goin to get it":

Are you a real person who thinks for himself? Did God give you a brain? Or are you just some pet that gets bossed around through the Internet? Crooked I says don't buy it, Hutch and Vegas say buy it.  Make up your own mind. 

I'm going to get it because I want a tangible album that I can put on a shelf and pop into the cd player and say "this is Crook's debut album from 2001."  Does it really make a difference in your life whether or not someone tell you what they want to do?

When DPG 2002 came out, Kurupt recognized it as an official release and Daz didn't, so I'm not going to say "i went and bought it because kurupt said it was okay."  I would have copped it regardless.

Give me a break.  All I'm sayin is think for yourselfs and don't involve yourself with these label politics.  10 years from now, Crook might look back on it and say he's proud of it when people start coming up to him and shaking his hand and telling him what a great album he made.

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
You guys crying about how there leaked song are not true fans. Of course they are gonna release those ones first it's only common sense. If your a true fan of an artist you would com out of pocket with 15 bucks and buy it.

Look, Im a big Crooked I fan, I buy all the shit HE puts out himself. Im not supporting these VastAsleep morons who wanna get payed off of old material thats been leaked with a better tracklist anyway. Put out some of the shit people really wanna hear (Jack 101, Raw Dawgs, Crook Show etc.) and maybe I'll THINK about buying it, fuck outta here with that bullshit.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:57:53 PM by The Flying Dutchman »

BIGWORM

Beers are like 450 each hear so after the 50 cent tip to the sexy bitch I'd say thats about right.

wow a whole 50 cents?somebodys ballin out of control.

thats because it's the local bar. when I go to clubs I buy bottles. but that ain't even a problem you see I'm a scotch drinker and shots of glenfidich are like 8 bucks each and I order doubles so thats like one drink for the price of the CD.

Trust me I ain't rich but I'm alright with the fetti so I guess thats why I don't mind coppin cd's for the collection. Don't get me wrong I used to be a broke ass kid and we didn't have the internet to download cd's and tapes from so when I was a kid I used to str8 shoplift Cassettes and CD's out of the record store until I got caught lol....

Triple OG Rapsodie

To the people on here who say "crooked i doesnt want me to buy it so im not goin to get it":

Are you a real person who thinks for himself? Did God give you a brain? Or are you just some pet that gets bossed around through the Internet? Crooked I says don't buy it, Hutch and Vegas say buy it.  Make up your own mind. 

I'm going to get it because I want a tangible album that I can put on a shelf and pop into the cd player and say "this is Crook's debut album from 2001."  Does it really make a difference in your life whether or not someone tell you what they want to do?

When DPG 2002 came out, Kurupt recognized it as an official release and Daz didn't, so I'm not going to say "i went and bought it because kurupt said it was okay."  I would have copped it regardless.

Give me a break.  All I'm sayin is think for yourselfs and don't involve yourself with these label politics.  10 years from now, Crook might look back on it and say he's proud of it when people start coming up to him and shaking his hand and telling him what a great album he made.

Calm down. His debut album already leaked, this version doesn't even have the same name as his debut, and its not even an official album from Crooked. It's another company releasing a compilation of old tracks that you should already have, and not even sanctioned by the artist. Completely pointless to shell out money for. And believe it or not some people actually buy albums to support the artists they like. OMG what a concept!

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

16. Ghetto Love (feat. Gangsta Girl & Kurupt) iTunes Exclusive Bonus

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

JohnnyL

Calm down. His debut album already leaked, this version doesn't even have the same name as his debut, and its not even an official album from Crooked. It's another company releasing a compilation of old tracks that you should already have, and not even sanctioned by the artist. Completely pointless to shell out money for. And believe it or not some people actually buy albums to support the artists they like. OMG what a concept!

I agree with what you're saying that this was kind of a pointless release.  But I also understand dude's point about people saying "Crooked doesn't support this so I can't buy it."  I have no problem with people choosing not to buy it.  But people should think for themselves.  It's cool to like or respect Crooked I as an artist.  But some people on here act like little mindless Crooked I Drones.  I'm really not trying to single out Crooked I here.  I don't think people should manage their lives around what any other person says.  But especially not a popular musician that they don't even know personally.

V2DHeart

If people want to buy it, they should buy it because they want to <<<< Hay, there's a concept
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

MarshColin

Have any of you guys ever been to a real club? LOL @ complaining about the beers being 4.50 when they are like $15 a piece in big clubs. Mixed drinks are almost twice that.

you pay 15 bucks for a drink? hahaha

If I end up in a club it's either because I'm spinning there or have a homie who gets us the hook up. I didn't say I was paying that much for drinks, just that it can get much more expensive than what they were saying. $15 drinks are absurd of course.

ikke

I would buy this if I had the money to buy all new albums

MarshColin

I agree with what you're saying that this was kind of a pointless release.  But I also understand dude's point about people saying "Crooked doesn't support this so I can't buy it."  I have no problem with people choosing not to buy it.  But people should think for themselves.  It's cool to like or respect Crooked I as an artist.  But some people on here act like little mindless Crooked I Drones.  I'm really not trying to single out Crooked I here.  I don't think people should manage their lives around what any other person says.  But especially not a popular musician that they don't even know personally.

Cosign. Lots of ppl just saying don't buy the album because Crooked I said it, and not really thinking about the big picture.

If Crooked I was so against it, he could have just slowly gave us tracks from his Death Row days, over the past few years, and none of this would have even been an issue. Now somebody else is going to be eating off his music, and he doesn't like it, but who's to fault for it coming to this point? There's obviously a demand for his music whether it be from today, or almost a decade ago, so somebody is filling that demand because Crooked I isn't. And I'm a Crooked I fan till the death, but I gotta be real about this shit.