Author Topic: Good Ass Job:Not the next illmatic?  (Read 827 times)

Jaydc

Re: Good Ass Job:Not the next illmatic?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 12:30:35 AM »
Greatest Story Never Told ... sigh ... oh Saigon

To be honest that album can't be classic if it's got

that lame ass Just Blaze auto-tune/vocoder track

That song wasnt on the original tracklist nor will it be on the album.They made that to try to captilize off live your life by ti and rihanna and gain some traction for saigons album.But it didnt work.

Can one of you hook that track up? I think I missed that one

It's on Warning Shots 2...

Which is the street album that made me lose all faith in saigon lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 12:35:22 AM »
Saigon took an L when he misconstrued Budden's line as a diss.  Ever since then he hasn't been the same.  He started doing those lame beef videos.  Then he went and released Warning Shots 2.  sigh ... no hit wonder
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »
Greatest Story Never Told ... sigh ... oh Saigon

To be honest that album can't be classic if it's got

that lame ass Just Blaze auto-tune/vocoder track

That song wasnt on the original tracklist nor will it be on the album.They made that to try to captilize off live your life by ti and rihanna and gain some traction for saigons album.But it didnt work.

Can one of you hook that track up? I think I missed that one

It's on Warning Shots 2...

Which is the street album that made me lose all faith in saigon lol.

Yup, that shit was horrrrrible.  And the jumpoff with Statik Selektah was aight, but nothing worth holding onto.

Still, no Just Blaze (pretty much), no big budget, which he had for GSTN.  So I still got high hopes for that album.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 08:57:43 PM »
aye, but I'm a love the cat for releasing

true story
desperado
pain in my life
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 09:20:08 PM »
Warning shots was dope as was his other street album,the name is alluding me right for some reason,the one with cmon baby on it.And I enjoyed all in a days work had some great cuts on it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2010, 01:39:52 AM »
Warning shots was dope as was his other street album,the name is alluding me right for some reason,the one with cmon baby on it.And I enjoyed all in a days work had some great cuts on it.

Moral of the Story.  It had some cool joints..

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2010, 08:25:53 PM »

So Sai's actually released like 4 albums??

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »

You could say that..  That means Wiz Khalifa has released like 6 then?  And Charles hamilton like 18? (No joke).

You can tell he knows what is "album material" and not, there is no doubt in my mind the songs on GSNT will be miles ahead of any of the shit he's put out so far. (Aside from the OG cuts like Pain in my Life and Cmon Baby.  and Believe It, to a lesser extent)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2010, 02:55:26 PM »

You could say that..  That means Wiz Khalifa has released like 6 then?  And Charles hamilton like 18? (No joke).

You can tell he knows what is "album material" and not, there is no doubt in my mind the songs on GSNT will be miles ahead of any of the shit he's put out so far. (Aside from the OG cuts like Pain in my Life and Cmon Baby.  and Believe It, to a lesser extent)

I'm not talking mixtapes, I'm talking albums that have actually been pressed and released for sale in stores. I agree that GSNT will likely be miles ahead of what he has released, but I don't see why the material he actually does release has to be sub par, I mean, how long has it been since Sai would of completed GSNT, he needs to move on and make a classic he can actually release, these half ass albums he's got in stores don't cut it for me. Duke had huuugge potential a few years ago

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »

Moral of the Story.  It had some cool joints..

You could say that..  That means Wiz Khalifa has released like 6 then?  And Charles hamilton like 18? (No joke).

You can tell he knows what is "album material" and not, there is no doubt in my mind the songs on GSNT will be miles ahead of any of the shit he's put out so far. (Aside from the OG cuts like Pain in my Life and Cmon Baby.  and Believe It, to a lesser extent)

I'm not talking mixtapes, I'm talking albums that have actually been pressed and released for sale in stores. I agree that GSNT will likely be miles ahead of what he has released, but I don't see why the material he actually does release has to be sub par, I mean, how long has it been since Sai would of completed GSNT, he needs to move on and make a classic he can actually release, these half ass albums he's got in stores don't cut it for me. Duke had huuugge potential a few years ago

Yeah but there is almost no difference in alot of instances.   You take out the tags in alot of mixtape with original production, it's pretty much an album.  But because of the many variants (time in the artists career, the labels wanting or not to sign a new artist, the artists rep) an original album can be relegated to just a mixtape release, instead of an album release.

And the reason I hype this so much even after he has released numerous "average" mixtapes/albums, is because he had the strength of a major label for the whole album.  He had the budget to get the best mixing and mastering.  And he worked with arguably one of the top 3 producers in the game right now, for the whole album.

That is something that hasn't been on these mixtape albums, and I notice it alot..  That's why I'll wait for GSNT, whether it ends up in stores or leaks on the net.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2010, 08:23:04 PM »
I know what you mean,I guess I'm just dissapointed that even with 4 albums in store, he's still holding on to his 'debut' card as an excuse that his product isn't up to par...

But for real, I'll be waiting on that album with you homie, if even Bol said it was some revolutionary super dope album it's gotta be crack. Plus Blaze on his A game is one of my favourite producers...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2010, 02:48:22 PM »
Yeah I feel you.  Props.