Author Topic: What Do You Guys Think About Sampling?  (Read 499 times)

ikke

Re: What Do You Guys Think About Sampling?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
It is lame when you barely change a thing.
not always true listen to vapors original version,if the shit is knot you can't deny it yell
It's just almost stealing when you don't change shit.

Look at surgical gloves and try find the sample there, that's sampling.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 02:59:45 PM »
sampling is where it's at. 8)

Leggy Hendrix

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

StevenQBosell

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 04:41:11 PM »
In some ways it is stealing, but some of my favorite hip hop tracks are from samples, so I'm all for it.

Its not really stealing, kuz if you put it on retail you'll be paying the person so its all good. But lazy sampling (just looping, and putting drums) with out any other creative input is sad imo.
...110% large pro is dope and on alot of beats that's what he does, my thing is if the beat sounds good you did your job...
Word

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »
This thread is 30 years late.

lol u know

Nega-Sikotic 2.0.

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2010, 08:47:28 PM »
In some ways it is stealing, but some of my favorite hip hop tracks are from samples, so I'm all for it.

Its not really stealing, kuz if you put it on retail you'll be paying the person so its all good. But lazy sampling (just looping, and putting drums) with out any other creative input is sad imo.
i disagree with that last part 110% large pro is dope and on alot of beats that's what he does, my thing is if the beat sounds good you did your job, but i would say i would never rate no regular sampling muthafucca like a dr dre kanye large pro over a issiac hayes,prince or quincy jones bitch ass or any band like the bar-kays are parliment, take away premo's and comp's cd's and records they can't fucc with a band or someone that plays yell

and i disagree (respectfully) with that. So I can make a classic from a 4 bar loop, add drums and repeat it till its 4 mins long and thats it? Nah man sorry imo that bullshit, that shits lame imo. Don't get me wrong ppl do do it like that and its hot, but its as creative and the shit i take every morning.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2010, 10:34:19 PM »

i disagree with that last part 110% large pro is dope and on alot of beats that's what he does, my thing is if the beat sounds good you did your job, but i would say i would never rate no regular sampling muthafucca like a dr dre kanye large pro over a issiac hayes,prince or quincy jones bitch ass or any band like the bar-kays are parliment, take away premo's and comp's cd's and records they can't fucc with a band or someone that plays yell

and i disagree (respectfully) with that. So I can make a classic from a 4 bar loop, add drums and repeat it till its 4 mins long and thats it? Nah man sorry imo that bullshit, that shits lame imo. Don't get me wrong ppl do do it like that and its hot, but its as creative and the shit i take every morning.
so you never liked a large pro record? nothing but a g thang ain't nothing but leon haywood i want do something freaky to you sampled all the parts or replayed parts? even quik just sampled somethings just straight its all about how good the record sounds, and it's always ill when artist sample a record you never heard before yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

ikke

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 07:12:30 AM »
Nothing wrong with voice sampling for hooks

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 12:12:04 PM »
vocal samples give me boners

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 08:41:35 PM »
IMO,  90 percent of the greatest songs in hip hop history are sampled. 

Producers rarely sample now because they want to make more money off of their songs.  If they sample, they have to share some of those royalties with the original artist.  Sad mentality but true.  I wish for a sampling renaissance to hit the mainstream of hip hop soon....

Lucifuge

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 04:00:22 AM »

shit..cant hate on this beat 8) 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Jay_J

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 06:05:20 AM »
if you only cut a sample, put bass and drum on it and call it music, i say no, and you don't need talent to do it... but if you use different samples and mix them together and put some elements on it by urself, you can call it music, you need talent to do it...

Beatzz

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 07:19:42 AM »
Making a sample sound good on a track isn't as easy as most people think it is. Theres producers that are masters at it like J Dilla was and ones that are terrible at it like Swizz Beatz.