Author Topic: Rap City today  (Read 1782 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Rap City today
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2002, 05:38:08 AM »
but atliens, aquemini, stankonia...all those albums were crap...nothin close to classic...and the funniest thing to me is the dickriding dre gets....last year nobody regarded dre as a lyricist...but the moment eminem said "oh hes me favorite" everyone jumped on the bandwagon....thats real...and yall know it too

I could never comprehend you thinking these albums were crap, you might not feel them, but crap, wow.  Aquemini is unreal, a classic, easily, and ATLiens is close to being in the same boat to me.  I guess you just don't like anything that's popular.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2002, 07:24:08 AM »
nah, they're just playing a little game, called "one up the guy before you".  See, you post somebody, then the next guy goes "Oh, he's alright, but blah blah blah(insert obscure name that shows they know about southern rappers here) would BLAZE him"  LOL

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2002, 06:20:58 PM »
^^^yea guy...u r so right  ::)...Bun B & Lil Flip are really obscure...i dont think anyone has heard of them before.... ::)

I could never comprehend you thinking these albums were crap, you might not feel them, but crap, wow.  Aquemini is unreal, a classic, easily, and ATLiens is close to being in the same boat to me.  I guess you just don't like anything that's popular.
when i compare them to southernplayalistic...they are straight crap....they went from a player/street style to some bunk ass futuristic style...went from rockin everyday regular clothes to hot orange shag pants and shoulder pads  ??? the hell is that all about
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 06:21:52 PM by S.G.V. »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2002, 01:14:35 PM »
everyone's entitled to their own opinion. if you don't like outkast thats your opinion. but if your beef with them is that they stayed innovative and tried new sounds with every album instead of staying stagnant and coming with the same shit over and over, more power to you. i love UGK. Lil flip ain't really my style. i do know this, my grandma could have rhymed toe to toe with him on "this is the way we ball. i can say that i haven't really ever came across anybody that called aquemini "crap". but then again its hard to respect someone else's musical taste when they disregard someone for what kind of clothes they wear as well as where they are from. whatever man

S.G.V.

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2002, 05:40:34 PM »
everyone's entitled to their own opinion. if you don't like outkast thats your opinion. but if your beef with them is that they stayed innovative and tried new sounds with every album instead of staying stagnant and coming with the same shit over and over, more power to you. i love UGK. Lil flip ain't really my style. i do know this, my grandma could have rhymed toe to toe with him on "this is the way we ball. i can say that i haven't really ever came across anybody that called aquemini "crap". but then again its hard to respect someone else's musical taste when they disregard someone for what kind of clothes they wear as well as where they are from. whatever man
its one thing to be innovative...like knoc...hes innovative...usin "ahead of his time beats"...now...outkast went from usin southern styled beats...to some futurisitic shit in one album...more over...andre went from a smoothed out player to some odd ball....hence his clothes and other shit...and u just came across someone he calls Aquemini crap....

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2002, 06:22:01 PM »
to an extent i feel what SGV is sayin

ive recently got into Outkast heavily but Southernplayalisticcadillacmusic is easily their best album
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2002, 12:08:38 AM »
so if outkast (more accurately dre) wore jerseys, were iced out, had bitches in bikinis and fast cars you'd be ok with them. i'm interested to know how much of aquemini you've listened to. of course you're gonna say the whole thing, so no need to reply. and i do realize that you said it's crap, and so now i've heard someone call it crap. no need to point that out. but i'll point out once again that its hard to respect someone's musical taste when they base their opinion on how someone dresses and where they are from. my little sister bitches about what her favorite bands wear. maybe you could talk to her. here's a thought...open your mind

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2002, 12:44:04 AM »
i dont think what SGV said was he hates Outkast cuz they dress funny, SGV is one of the most knowledgable heads here....

he pointed out (correctly might i add) that Outkast totally switched their style after SPCM and an example of that is their clothes, they started dressing like clowns, and SGV doesnt like that, thats what i got out of his comments
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2002, 12:53:13 AM »
well thats great that you consider him a knowledgable person on this board. but if you think that adds credibility to him saying he doesn't like them cuz their from the south or because they changed their clothes, then you're mistaken. at least not with me. he's enititled to his opinion. and i understand him when he says that they switched up. but if he dislikes their MUSIC because of how they dress, then its hard to take him serious. peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2002, 01:01:20 AM »
well thats great that you consider him a knowledgable person on this board. but if you think that adds credibility to him saying he doesn't like them cuz their from the south or because they changed their clothes, then you're mistaken. at least not with me. he's enititled to his opinion. and i understand him when he says that they switched up. but if he dislikes their MUSIC because of how they dress, then its hard to take him serious. peace
what the fuck are u babling about foo?...u lookin real dumb...TECH hit it right on the head...someone with brains understands what im sayin...a moron like urself doesnt...where did i ever say i dont like the south?...i love the south dumbass...im one of the biggest south heads here...where in the fuck did that come from?...i dont like their music cuz to me the music is wack...beats are too futuristic for my taste...and to me they have changed way too much...especially dre with the odd ball clothing...and if dre went out and copped a bunch of jewels and nice cars i still wouldnt like him...cuz thats still wack...put it this way cat...u dont think i know whats crackin...thats fine...just know this...i own aquemini...i own atliens...i own southernplayalistic...the last time i listened to aquemini and atliens was when they first came out...ive never touched them since....southerplayalistic has and always will be their best album...beats, lyrics, concepts...it had it all...i understand u must be the majority aka the outkast fan...im in the minority...the disliker...if big boi went solo i wouldnt mind tho...he still got skills....

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2002, 01:35:15 AM »
woah ease up dog. i must have touched on a sensitive subject. no need to get personal and start dissin. now who's lookin like a fool?

back to the subject, if you have aquemini, i suggest you bump "west savannah" that song was meant to be on SPLCM but it didn't end up on the album. check out "slump", "da art of storytellin pt. 1" and "spottieottiedopalicious" straight classic songs.

but to say dre doesn't have skill anymore? damn. check this, goodie mob released soul food in 97 (but since your "one of the biggest south heads in here, i guess you already know). which was right before aquemini came out (1998) if you listen to "thought process" and hear dre rhyme, and still say he doesn't have skill then i don't know what else to say.

and i may be part of the majority for liking outkast. if thats wrong then i'll never be right. but realize that you are part of a majority (albeit a naive majority) that stereotypes people for how they look and what they wear. i hope you come out of it someday. you'll realize how much you've missed because of it. peace

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2002, 01:49:34 AM »
Well, I'm not a huge hiphop head, I just like good music.  Outkast is good music.  their first album, mighta been better in your tastes, but I've always like Aquemini better.  So it's just your opinion, no big deal.  I could care less what people wear, but whatever floats your boat... The first time I saw the video for "Players Ball" i was pretty surprised that Dre was just wearin' a t-shirt, lol, I wasn't a fan back in the day when that video dropped.  If yall think Dre has lost it, your crazy.  I thought he was hella dope even on Stankonia.  Ms. Jackson is their biggest commercial song, and he was dope as hell on THAT.  

S.G.V.

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2002, 01:55:15 AM »
i never once said dre doesnt have skill...post where i said he doesnt have skill...dre does have skill...not as much as people say he does...but he has skill...i just think that big boi is the more talented out of the duo...and peep it...in hip hop theres many thinks i look at...music first...image second...his image is lame to me...just like people clown camron for rockin pink...its a wack look...and it further makes me dislike him more...now...i still wasnt completley against outkast after atliens or their spot on the soul food album...and hell i still like their spots on the slimm calhound & cool breeze records...but as a group...to me theyre wack now...just like goodie mob did...i think outkast should break up and go seperate ways...big boi is always outside the spotlight...when he deserves more...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2002, 02:10:39 AM »
well lets see i'll quote your last line "if big boi went solo, i wouldn't mind tho...he still got skills" and you're contradicting yourself now. you said you listened to ATLiens when if first came out and haven't listened to it since, you also called it crap--crap compared to who? it sounds to me like you wrote them off. i just can't understand saying somebody's wack because of how they dress. image means shit when i listen to music. if its dope then i bump it, regardless of what the person looks like. peace

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2002, 02:11:27 AM »
holy shit i got a negative karma point since my last post..............