Author Topic: Rap City today  (Read 1755 times)

S.G.V.

Re:Rap City today
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2002, 02:29:16 AM »
well lets see i'll quote your last line "if big boi went solo, i wouldn't mind tho...he still got skills" and you're contradicting yourself now. you said you listened to ATLiens when if first came out and haven't listened to it since, you also called it crap--crap compared to who? it sounds to me like you wrote them off. i just can't understand saying somebody's wack because of how they dress. image means shit when i listen to music. if its dope then i bump it, regardless of what the person looks like. peace
how am i contradicting myself?...i just said big boi still has skill...i didnt once say dre didnt...did i?...no...u and i still havent listened to it since...and its crap compared to Southerplayalistic...that was the complete album...best beats...best rhymes...stankonia kinda brought my hopes up that they might go back to their old style...but it crushed it by the end of that album...now ur so damn stuck on the clothes...lemme splain it to u one more time...S-L-O-W-L-Y...i grew accustom to seein the laid back clothing of outkast of old...when i saw those loud ass colors and strange furry things dre was wearin i almost flipped out...he looked like a complete fool...to me his image was lame and it was taking away from the credibility of outkast...i couldnt take a guy runnin around in suspenders and football pads serious anymore...oh and not to mention...after i seen outkast live...i could not stand them anymore...that had to be one of the worst shows ever...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2002, 02:38:23 AM »
you said "he still got skills" implying that dre doesn't. don't say you weren't. it's ok i'll let it go. and you're the one concerned with clothes. you said image is your SECOND most important thing when you look at a group. if you were that stunned about dre, i can only imagine the look on your face after you saw 8ball and MJG in their video for buck bounce. i bet you shit your pants.

S.G.V.

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2002, 02:44:29 AM »
you said "he still got skills" implying that dre doesn't. don't say you weren't. it's ok i'll let it go. and you're the one concerned with clothes. you said image is your SECOND most important thing when you look at a group. if you were that stunned about dre, i can only imagine the look on your face after you saw 8ball and MJG in their video for buck bounce. i bet you shit your pants.
u mustve took it that way...i would never go out and say..."dre has absolutely has no skills" cuz he does...hes just not on daddy fats saks' level...and i had no clue about that buck bounce video...that shit was a tight song...but that video was weird as fuck...Pimp Hard was much better

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2002, 02:50:58 AM »
well with that then you've just proven my point. you admit the song was tight. in the video 8ball's big ol' ass is in this whole robot attire. he looks straight out of terminator 2. so i'm guessin you're gonna have to quit bumpin them cuz of how they dressed for that video huh.

S.G.V.

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2002, 02:53:54 AM »
well with that then you've just proven my point. you admit the song was tight. in the video 8ball's big ol' ass is in this whole robot attire. he looks straight out of terminator 2. so i'm guessin you're gonna have to quit bumpin them cuz of how they dressed for that video huh.
that was one video...its not like i see them everywhere rockin that shit...it was for the video...but dre wears that shit all the time...so uh...to answer ur question...no...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2002, 02:58:32 AM »
so whats your limit then? if they did 2 videos like that would you care? you're really starting to dig a hole here.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2002, 03:05:41 AM »
Naw.. it's understandable

I know a couple a people who dont like that about Dre.ESPECIALLY tha people who were down with Outkast before  ATLiens. People might see it as a gimmick. Which makes it feel not as real as it used to be...

« Last Edit: December 20, 2002, 03:15:31 AM by Don_Chronelius_909 »

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

S.G.V.

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2002, 03:15:21 AM »
so whats your limit then? if they did 2 videos like that would you care? you're really starting to dig a hole here.
man...are u blind?...i said DRE dresses like that all the time...even in public...ball n g did it for ONE video...ur just diggin ur self deeper man...bringin up more and more shit that u cant even make valid points one...just shut up and move on

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2002, 03:19:23 AM »
well i'm not gonna even front. the first outkast cd i bought was ATLIENS, then SPLCM. but after hearing SPLCM, it made me appreciate atliens even more. and from the beginning i've said that i understand people sayin that they changed their style. they did, but i think they have still stayed true to themselves. on aquemini there were only a few songs that were futuristic sounding, and a lot of songs that were consistent with their old style. everyone is entitled to their opinion on music. i just said that its hard to respect someones opinion on music when that opinion is based on what someone looks like. he said he couldn't take seeing dre dressing how he was. then in the other thread he said 8ball and MJG were better (which i can understand) but they did the exact same thing in their video AFTER outkast. so basically he was contradicting himself. then it got to even more outrageous statements like the clipse were better than outkast, which really tests the validity of any of his prior statements.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2002, 03:23:07 AM »
holy shit!! you mean to tell me he dresses like that in PUBLIC?!? why didn't you say that in the first place? to dress like that in a video is one thing, but this is obviously going to far.(runs upstairs and proceeds to burn all outkast cd's)

S.G.V.

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2002, 03:29:21 AM »
jesus...why are people so dumb?  ??? guy...listen...i know it must be hard for u to understand...BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT LIKE OUTKAST...GET OVER IT...like i said its one thing to dress up in a video with oddball clothes...but how am i gonna take a guy who dresses like a fuckin hobo 24/7 serious?...and the Clipse are better emcees...period...u dont think so...fine...i do...u dont think i got cred thats fine too...i really could careless what u think about me...cuz at the end of the day...u dont know me...i dont even gotta say it...people will tell u here that i got knowledge...but its all good....just like the pac and nas fans...i guess outkast fans get all hurt and wanna fight to the death when a person whos not a fan talks shit....

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2002, 03:40:14 AM »
dear god: i know i don't pray often, but i'm praying now. let this dude hear me out once and for all. thank you.

I never once had a problem with anyone disliking any group whatsoever. EVERYONE HAS THEIR OPINION. but i find it amusing and somewhat scary that someone would base their musical opinion on what someone looks like/dresses like. that was my point, and i felt like you were being hypocritical. and relax, i believe you have lots of knowledge when it comes to hip-hop. i think i can sum it up by saying it doesn't matter to me what someone looks like. if its dope i buy it. i could give a fuck about their image. IMO thats not what makes a musician.

S.G.V.

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2002, 12:10:56 PM »
u make it seem like the first thing i look at is their image...which is the complete opposite...of course i listen to the music first...then i worry about their image...its like if i hear this guy talkin all this crip shit...then i see him rockin nothin but red...i aint gonna take him serious...it may be scary or whatever but fuck it...everyone has their own ways of lookin at shit....

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2002, 03:28:57 PM »
well in my opinion, image is what fucks music up in the first place. ESPECIALLY HIP HOP. i think if more rappers were more concerned about lyrics/production rather than if people are going to judge them for what they are wearing, their music wouldn't suffer as much. people need to decide if they want dope music or if they want rappers to dress in a way that pleases them. i'm not trying to say you don't put music first. you stated that very clearly. but you also said that the second most important thing you judge them by is their image. i don't see how what someone wears can make your opinion of their MUSIC. peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2002, 03:33:29 PM »
ok lemme tell u in plain english...ill give u examples...i take music serious...cuz thats my main passion...so now...example: u go to a job interview for a big corporation...the guy interviewing u has on shorts and a t-shirt...are u gonna take him serious?...i wouldnt...thats kinda like outkast...i hear em rappin then i see em and i dont take dre serious...he looks like hes just out to get attention...