Author Topic: Rap City today  (Read 1756 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re:Rap City today
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2002, 04:02:12 PM »
ok now let me explain. i totally understand what you are sayin. you can't take them serious because they (%95 of the time dre) dress differently. and with your comparison of applying for your job does not apply at all with this conversation. appearance counts like a motherfucker in applying for a job. it shows how serious you are about the job. i don't look for someones appearance when i decide whether to bump their music. when i'm bumpin in my truck i'm not thinking to myself, "shit i wonder what they're wearing right now". to deny someone's musical skill/talent because of what they wear is ignorant. i can understand you not feeling a particular artist, it may not be your taste. i'm totally fine with that. but if their image plays a big enough role on whether or not you're going to denounce them as musicians, then its hard for someone like me who looks strictly at the music to totally respect that viewpoint. its like when you say you don't like a song-in my mind i'm gonna think, well he may not be basing it on the music. peace

S.G.V.

Re:Rap City today
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2002, 07:07:43 PM »
LMAO...its not like im sitting there thinkin to myself: hmm i wonder what snoops wearin right now?...u must got the misconception...the music is the music...and if i dont the like the music first then thats that...and with outkast that is the situation...but dres clothing just adds fire to the flame...cuz like i said...how can i take him serious dressed like that?...but again...its not like im sittin listening to my jayo felony cd sayin: hmm i wonder if jayo has on blue chucks right now?...