Author Topic: Kanye West- College Dropout  (Read 524 times)

Young Dan Iza

Kanye West- College Dropout
« on: December 11, 2002, 05:18:50 PM »
Kanye West
The College Dropout
Roc-a-Fella Records
Summer 2003

The multitasking rapper and producer did, however, show that he isn't just signed to the Roc, but is solid as rock. Two weeks after he was admitted to the hospital he was released, and he wasted no time before hitting the studio to record "Through the Wire," a song on his mixtape that samples Chaka Khan's "Through the Fire" and deals with the troubles he faced when he was hurt. "The name of my album is called The College Dropout," he said of his debut. "All that's saying is make your own decisions. Don't let society tell you, 'This is what you have to do.' Society told me, 'Man, don't move from Chicago.' People told me to stay in school, this music is this, this music is that. I listen to John Mayer, and his song 'No Such Thing' is exactly what my [philosophy] is about, but in different words."

Besides Jay-Z, who appears on a song called "Never Let Me Down," Kanye says he already had other members of the Roc-A-Fella camp, in addition to Jamie Foxx and Twista, record tracks for the projects. "

from Mtvnews.com
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 06:45:22 PM by Murrow »

Murrow

Re:Kanye West- College Dropout
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 06:45:44 PM »
Nice...John Mayer.  Can't wait for his album.