Author Topic: Em wasn't kidding...he's Recovered  (Read 1434 times)

D-TalkX

Re: Em wasn't kidding...he's Recovered
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »
I will check them out. i wasn't into Distant Relatives but the others I'll check out. Looking fwd to the Roots based on their 2 singles...I never listened to them but now i'm ready to jump on board...good music, is good music.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 03:43:44 PM »
Yeah, threadstarter, change your opinion because other people don't like this album. ::)

Do you have an opinion to offer or are you just being smart? This would be a boring ass forum if everyone agreed and dickrode every album brought up. I see you comment plenty on things you don't like (ie, Game's leaks from RED). Allow others to do the same, and offer a retort if you feel differently.

Yeah, I do.

I think most of you went into this album with the thought "I'm not going to like this album" & therefore went extra critical when reviewing it; after one spin people were throwing up reviews of 4/10; how do you possibly rate an album after one spin?

When most of the hate is "I didn't feel the soul of the album" or "It sounds so forced" that's almost as bad as when you guys who don't Slaughterhouse said "I didn't feel the production".

Yet Drake has Kanye giving him 808 beats with cheap, catchy singing & that's fine.

Judging by the list of albums you think is "better than this" (you're entitled to your opinion), Eminem is clearly not for you; it basically screams against everything those albums are.

Eminem is a huge name, with one of the largest fanbases, with "top of the line production" (big names) & has a thing about it like "Oh, it's Eminem, it's good".

Whereas all those albums you named have lesser known production that fits the direction of the album with lesser known names that don't get all the hype & such.

I love Strong Arm Steady, but that music is completely different with a different purpose.

The only thing that makes me shake my head is that everytime there is a "Recovery" thread the same names keep popping in & out to give the same exact opinion they gave in the other 10 threads; it's like you want to make a distinct point that you didn't like the album; you didn't like the return of Eminem & are turned off by it's hype.

D-TalkX

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »
Not gonna lie that was a pretty dope reply....makes a lot of sense...very smart outlook

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
Yeah, threadstarter, change your opinion because other people don't like this album. ::)

Do you have an opinion to offer or are you just being smart? This would be a boring ass forum if everyone agreed and dickrode every album brought up. I see you comment plenty on things you don't like (ie, Game's leaks from RED). Allow others to do the same, and offer a retort if you feel differently.

Yeah, I do.

I think most of you went into this album with the thought "I'm not going to like this album" & therefore went extra critical when reviewing it; after one spin people were throwing up reviews of 4/10; how do you possibly rate an album after one spin?

Actually a lot of people were excited considering he let us know he was dropping the accent. Where are you getting this from? It sounds like something you're just making up to attack anyone who doesn't like it.

Well I for one can tell after one spin whether I like an album or not. And now you're assuming that the people with positive reviews listened to it many times before throwing a rating up, and the others didn't. Face it, you're reaching. I always see you attacking the person reviewing, instead of the review itself. Stannish behavior.

When most of the hate is "I didn't feel the soul of the album" or "It sounds so forced" that's almost as bad as when you guys who don't Slaughterhouse said "I didn't feel the production".

I didn't think anything was wrong with the production. But for those who did, critiquing production is legit. Face it, production is the single most important part of hip hop. And this is coming from a guy who loves lyricists. It's music, if the musical aspect of it doesn't sound good then who would want to listen to it? That said, I liked most of the production on both Recovery and Slaughterhouse.

Yet Drake has Kanye giving him 808 beats with cheap, catchy singing & that's fine.

It is? From what I remember that album was criticized as well. But I didn't hear you jumping in to defend Drake. I wonder why?  ::) Fyi, I haven't even listened to that album. I asked in that thread if it was an album for the bitches and the reply was yes, so I didn't even bother listening.

Judging by the list of albums you think is "better than this" (you're entitled to your opinion), Eminem is clearly not for you; it basically screams against everything those albums are.

How would you know what is and isn't for me? I happen to listen to a wide-variety of hip hop. I was listening to dude in 99, now why the fuck would I be even bothering to listen to his music now, 7 albums deep if I didn't like him?  It's like the same thing with that Dre track, if they make music that isn't up to par I'm going to critique it. It doesn't take away from their previous accomplishments.

Eminem is a huge name, with one of the largest fanbases, with "top of the line production" (big names) & has a thing about it like "Oh, it's Eminem, it's good".

Whereas all those albums you named have lesser known production that fits the direction of the album with lesser known names that don't get all the hype & such.

I love Strong Arm Steady, but that music is completely different with a different purpose.

Yes, they are different. But I was just listing albums that are better, I wasn't aware I had to limit my response to popular music from pissed off crazy white boys. I listen to both underground and mainstream. Underground tends to impress me more, for obvious reasons.

The only thing that makes me shake my head is that everytime there is a "Recovery" thread the same names keep popping in & out to give the same exact opinion they gave in the other 10 threads; it's like you want to make a distinct point that you didn't like the album; you didn't like the return of Eminem & are turned off by it's hype.

Again, what is wrong with giving criticism? There's only two recovery threads and at least people are pointing out what they don't like about the album. You come into these threads attacking any type of criticism, legit or not. What exactly is the point of a forum if not for that? And yet you do the exact same type of criticism when it comes to other rappers like Drake or Game. I mean, you even have Em's album cover as your signature, clearly you are getting offended and feeling like you have to ride for him. It's just music dude, Eminem could care less that you're attacking the people who didn't like the album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 05:29:34 PM »

Yeah, I do.

Actually a lot of people were excited considering he let us know he was dropping the accent. Where are you getting this from? It sounds like something you're just making up to attack anyone who doesn't like it.

Well I for one can tell after one spin whether I like an album or not. And now you're assuming that the people with positive reviews listened to it many times before throwing a rating up, and the others didn't. Face it, you're reaching. I always see you attacking the person reviewing, instead of the review itself. Stannish behavior.

I didn't think anything was wrong with the production. But for those who did, critiquing production is legit. Face it, production is the single most important part of hip hop. And this is coming from a guy who loves lyricists. It's music, if the musical aspect of it doesn't sound good then who would want to listen to it? That said, I liked most of the production on both Recovery and Slaughterhouse.

It is? From what I remember that album was criticized as well. But I didn't hear you jumping in to defend Drake. I wonder why?  ::) Fyi, I haven't even listened to that album. I asked in that thread if it was an album for the bitches and the reply was yes, so I didn't even bother listening.

How would you know what is and isn't for me? I happen to listen to a wide-variety of hip hop. I was listening to dude in 99, now why the fuck would I be even bothering to listen to his music now, 7 albums deep if I didn't like him?  It's like the same thing with that Dre track, if they make music that isn't up to par I'm going to critique it. It doesn't take away from their previous accomplishments.

Yes, they are different. But I was just listing albums that are better, I wasn't aware I had to limit my response to popular music from pissed off crazy white boys. I listen to both underground and mainstream. Underground tends to impress me more, for obvious reasons.

Again, what is wrong with giving criticism? There's only two recovery threads and at least people are pointing out what they don't like about the album. You come into these threads attacking any type of criticism, legit or not. What exactly is the point of a forum if not for that? And yet you do the exact same type of criticism when it comes to other rappers like Drake or Game. I mean, you even have Em's album cover as your signature, clearly you are getting offended and feeling like you have to ride for him. It's just music dude, Eminem could care less that you're attacking the people who didn't like the album.

I'll go in order, I suppose.

1. So you mean to tell me you were hyped? Out of all the releases this year, you were excited about this? Sure, people were "excited"; face it, people would of been excited if he said there was an accent too lol.

Well if the album drops & 5 posts into the discussion thread there is a review, it's a safe bet he only listened to it once & somebody who posts a review on page 13 LIKELY heard it more than once lol.

2. The Slaughterhouse production was just an example of "false hatred"; there was nothing wrong with the Slaughterhouse production, even if they weren't your favorite beats it CERTAINLY wasn't bad enough to take away from the album.

Some people had a problem with Recovery's production & that's fine, I can understand, people wanted Dre & shit; but my point was the critiques were "The music had no soul", "The music didn't feel real or geniune"; what kind of bullshit critique is that? lmfao. That's just "Well, I really have nothing that bad to say about it, so let me say something nobody can question me on" lol.

3. I didn't defend Drake because the album wasn't good lol. His best songs were on the mixtape he dropped last Summer & I feel he came up with weaker material for the album; but also, my reasons for not liking the album are that for an album based around singing, he doesn't have that great a voice; he can make a catchy hook, but didn't really come through with many; "Bout to get these niggas nervous, PROM NIGHT NIGGA"; just one example of 100 corny punchlines. I can bump some of the album, but it's nothing special; especially for the hype, which is my point here; you did the same thing, saw the hype & attacked it when it did live up to your sky high standards of underground perfection lol.

But I have reasons for not liking the album. Not, "Drake didn't sound like he 'meant' what he was saying" lmao.

4. So getting back to point number one with "you being hyped", you mean to tell me after a gradual decline in music from Eminem over the last 11 years, you expected that same "good Eminem"? I doubt it, you went into it thinking, "Ehh, maybe without the accent it'll be better than Relapse, but that isn't saying much" lol.

Also, sure, you listen to a wide variety, but you just said that you prefer Underground Hip Hop; what kind of mainstream album, pushed & directed by a label would meet up to those standards?

5. Underground "impresses" me more too, but I'm curious to hear a mainstream project that you liked; not going to lie, you come off as a Hip Hop purest.

Also, as I said, you're entitled to your opinion, I'm not saying you're wrong for thinking any of those albums are better than Recovery at all. That's not what catches my attention, it's just I don't feel it was given a fair chance; I feel as if too much bias (from everybody) went into it from the start.

6. What do you mean? I'm saying a few people keep saying the same thing, you can make whatever point you want; but why make the same point 30 times for the same piece of work?

I critique Game song by song, I don't generalize & say he's wack all around; I've openly admitted to loving The Documentary & Doctors Advocate, LAX didn't do it for me.

Speaking of critiques, I criticized Eminem after his "Despicable" freestyle saying he's been yelling on a track since his "Forever" feature & people called me a hater, now I show support & I'm a stan? So while we're talking about forums, why is it when I defend someone I'm a "stan" & when I'm critiquing I'm "hating"?

You call me a stan & I rate this album around a 7/10, as did most people who supported it; you look at me like I deemed it a Hip Hop classic; it doesn't have any songs that I would even consider a classic lol.

Is it my fault some of you guys are extremists? I see reviews on here, albums are either 9/10 or 4/10; it's like some of you never heard the term average/good, just "classic" & "awful" lol.

Not to mention, I have no problem with anyone having anything against the album, just have a reason, state it (a few times at most) & be done with it; no point repeating yourself about how it's not good when there isn't even a proper reason behind not liking it.

Most importantly lol @ you telling me to "give an opinion", I do & you call me a stan when you knew I was going to defend the album lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 07:21:34 PM »
1. So you mean to tell me you were hyped? Out of all the releases this year, you were excited about this? Sure, people were "excited"; face it, people would of been excited if he said there was an accent too lol.

I took the wait and see approach. But people were loving that "Not Afraid" song when it dropped.

Well if the album drops & 5 posts into the discussion thread there is a review, it's a safe bet he only listened to it once & somebody who posts a review on page 13 LIKELY heard it more than once lol.

Could be. But I don't think the negative reviews were all on the first page. And if you don't like an album, it really doesn't take more than one listen. Like it wouldn't take me more than one listen to know I'd dislike a Soulja Boy album.

2. The Slaughterhouse production was just an example of "false hatred"; there was nothing wrong with the Slaughterhouse production, even if they weren't your favorite beats it CERTAINLY wasn't bad enough to take away from the album.

Why not? Would A Tribe Called Quest's albums still be classics with average beats? What about the Chronic? And from what I remember no one shitted on the album. It was more along the lines of it wasn't as good as it could have been. Which is often what separates good albums from great ones.

Some people had a problem with Recovery's production & that's fine, I can understand, people wanted Dre & shit; but my point was the critiques were "The music had no soul", "The music didn't feel real or geniune"; what kind of bullshit critique is that? lmfao. That's just "Well, I really have nothing that bad to say about it, so let me say something nobody can question me on" lol.

that was all that Action guy, and he says that about everything he doesn't like. So you have a problem with one poster who isn't even in this thread, lol.

3. I didn't defend Drake because the album wasn't good lol. His best songs were on the mixtape he dropped last Summer & I feel he came up with weaker material for the album; but also, my reasons for not liking the album are that for an album based around singing, he doesn't have that great a voice; he can make a catchy hook, but didn't really come through with many; "Bout to get these niggas nervous, PROM NIGHT NIGGA"; just one example of 100 corny punchlines. I can bump some of the album, but it's nothing special; especially for the hype, which is my point here; you did the same thing, saw the hype & attacked it when it did live up to your sky high standards of underground perfection lol.

that was one of my issues with Recovery actually

4. So getting back to point number one with "you being hyped", you mean to tell me after a gradual decline in music from Eminem over the last 11 years, you expected that same "good Eminem"? I doubt it, you went into it thinking, "Ehh, maybe without the accent it'll be better than Relapse, but that isn't saying much" lol.

I wouldn't call it a gradual decline, more like a misstep with Encore and then semi-retirement. Relapse was supposed to be his comeback, and a lot of that album clicked for me except the accent ruined it which was a big disappointment. Then he says he's giving up the accent. So yes, I was expecting a better album. Not a masterpiece, but I wasn't expecting him to ruin the album with singing and another type of accent.

Also, sure, you listen to a wide variety, but you just said that you prefer Underground Hip Hop; what kind of mainstream album, pushed & directed by a label would meet up to those standards?

5. Underground "impresses" me more too, but I'm curious to hear a mainstream project that you liked; not going to lie, you come off as a Hip Hop purest.

I like albums that have that mainstream appeal while still maintaining quality. Nas albums, Dre albums, Jay-Z albums, 50 Cent's first album, Game's first album, Ludacris's first couple albums, Em's first three albums, etc. A Drake album that appeals mainly to the bitches is not my cup of tea. Also, I would hesitate to call rappers like Talib Kweli underground, based on the fact that they have gotten their records played and been somewhat successful.

As far as me finding better music in the underground, its not about them being underground, but its simply that there's a lot more of them. Think about it, there's only a limited amount of hip hop songs getting played on the radio at any given time, meanwhile there's hundreds of underground artists putting out albums. And there's also the fact that the artist can focus more on making good music as opposed to being influenced by execs at a record label, or trying to get that pop single to appeal to the females.

6. What do you mean? I'm saying a few people keep saying the same thing, you can make whatever point you want; but why make the same point 30 times for the same piece of work?

And yet you do the same thing

I critique Game song by song, I don't generalize & say he's wack all around; I've openly admitted to loving The Documentary & Doctors Advocate, LAX didn't do it for me.

Yes, and that's what people are doing for Em. Everyone loved his first few albums, and a lot of those people don't feel his last two albums. That doesn't make them haters.

Speaking of critiques, I criticized Eminem after his "Despicable" freestyle saying he's been yelling on a track since his "Forever" feature & people called me a hater, now I show support & I'm a stan? So while we're talking about forums, why is it when I defend someone I'm a "stan" & when I'm critiquing I'm "hating"?

It's the way you go about it which is stannish. Instead of commenting on the album in defense, you are attacking the people making the comments. You'll come into a thread and not even drop an opinion, just shit on the people there.

You call me a stan & I rate this album around a 7/10, as did most people who supported it; you look at me like I deemed it a Hip Hop classic; it doesn't have any songs that I would even consider a classic lol.

So why get upset that people don't like it? There isn't a single classic on there. You rate it a 7/10 and you said yourself that you probably enjoy Em's subpar material more than the average music listener. So you should expect that people think its worse than you do. 5/10 seems reasonable.

Is it my fault some of you guys are extremists? I see reviews on here, albums are either 9/10 or 4/10; it's like some of you never heard the term average/good, just "classic" & "awful" lol.

I don't like Recovery as much as some of the albums I consider average.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:23:15 PM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

Skeptic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 08:05:57 PM »
just picked up the album yesterday

initially I was dissapointed but after repeated listens I don't mind it, probably like relapse better because of the beats and hooks with less singing

I was really hoping he'd come through with more of the recent deliveries/styles he used on Beautiful, deja vu, underground, my darling & careful what you wish for, in my opinion he really tapped into that classic eminem type shit in those songs

in my opinion the main problem with the album was that he kind of used the same shouting type delivery on basically every song & too many singing hooks anybody agree with this?

Though saying that overall I don't mind it & will probably grow to like it like with relapse, the beats are pretty good & he has some pretty good lyrics I think going through changes is incredibly dope

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 08:27:59 PM »
the eminem masters wont admit he has released wack albums...lol

I think its tied with encore for his worst album.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »

Do you not realize that, at the end of the day, it always boils down to this?    You either feel it or you don't.  When someone is saying they don't feel the soul of the album or the production values, it's just them trying to describe why they ain't feeling it.   It's not hate when someone states that, it's just them providing an opinion.   There's no difference if someone said they loved the album due to it's production or the soul of the album.

This is what everyone does around here.  The difference is you take an exception when you like something and you don't want to read any opposing/negative commentary.  
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:48:34 PM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 09:31:14 PM »

in my opinion the main problem with the album was that he kind of used the same shouting type delivery on basically every song & too many singing hooks anybody agree with this?

Completely agree with ya there bro. I liked the album, have given it quite a few spins, and I'm gonna cop it when I see it in store and give it some more spins. But yeah the singing took away from some of the songs, and his angry delivery got a bit monotonous on some tracks. He should of just reached out to some better singers, I mean fuck even Drake would of sounded better singing on some of those tracks lol. Some tracks it sounded like he was trying too hard, and I think this must be where Action gets the feeling that the emotion is forced etc. Too me though, this is still a dope album.

Eddz

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 09:55:11 PM »
I got the album on Friday. I didn't listen to any of the leaks and I have to say the album is FIRE. Everyone is saying there is better albums out this year, like what? I want to know what's better?

To be honest I haven't listened to as much music as I did last year. But most of what I have listened to is better than Recovery

Fornever - Murs & 9th Wonder
The Good Sun - Homeboy Sandman
Stimulus Package - Freeway and Jake One
In Search of Stoney Jackson - Strong Arm Steady
Revolutions per Minute - Reflection Eternal
Distant Relatives - Nas & Damien Marley

All those records skeet on Recovery. Of course that's my opinion. However I would encourage you to check them out if you haven't already.

From those albums you listed I have

Revolutions per Minute - Reflection Eternal
Distant Relatives - Nas & Damien Marley
Stimulus Package - Freeway and Jake One

All were dope albums (Distant Relatives being my favorite) but Freeway & Talib Kweli flows & wordplay aint on Em's level. I like the angry flow, it goes with the lyrics that his spitting. I would of liked to see some more Dre tracks or even a Kanye or Preemo beat & would love a Royce feature instead of Lil Wayne but when I look at the other albums I have bought this year Recovery stands out the most to me.

Jaydc

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 04:40:49 AM »
Freeway had the album of the year for me.Classic hip hop.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:05 AM »
Eminem is about as dope now as Michael Jordan would be if he came back to the NBA.   

I've said it before and I will say it again, Eminem has already fullfilled his destiny, he has nothing left to do in hip-hop.   That's not a disrespect to him, but just like the Relapse cd, all you guys came on here saying how dope it was felt like you were slighted when a year or so later Eminem himself admitted it was wack.  THE SAME THING WILL HAPPEN WITH THIS ALBUM.   Years from now Em will admit that his best work was from 98-2003 and that after that he was never the same.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »
em hasnt done enough to secure his level of greatness...he isnt no scarface
so IMO the jordan comparison wont and dont work
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Lucifuge

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 10:12:20 AM »
em hasnt done enough to secure his level of greatness...he isnt no scarface
so IMO the jordan comparison wont and dont work

Scarface jerk off on eminem  ;)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D