Author Topic: Em wasn't kidding...he's Recovered  (Read 1425 times)

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Em wasn't kidding...he's Recovered
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2010, 07:32:40 PM »
This album wasnt bad....it was just wasnt good...not even close to great =/ I was so fucking dissapointed. He doesnt have any emotinons anymore he just gets loud thats it....some of the tracks are kind of commercial but people will say oh it has substance! relax.....and the singing he did on Im Not Afraid lmao horrible...the hook tried to be epic it was corny...but enough bout that song lol. He sounds emo sometimes with no anger at all.....it seemed empty. I'm not convinced by the weak punchlines and no accent slow rapping over slow half ass beats. That doesnt mean eminem is back, keep in mind i think this was a HUGE STEP UP from his last two albums but damn =/

Maybe i just miss Marshal Mathers lol, but seriously....The album got boring after a play or two and it felt empty...the substance tracks even felt forced. No raw emotion like I'm used to from eminem.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »
This album wasnt bad....it was just wasnt good...not even close to great =/ I was so fucking dissapointed. He doesnt have any emotinons anymore he just gets loud thats it....some of the tracks are kind of commercial but people will say oh it has substance! relax.....and the singing he did on Im Not Afraid lmao horrible...the hook tried to be epic it was corny...but enough bout that song lol. He sounds emo sometimes with no anger at all.....it seemed empty. I'm not convinced by the weak punchlines and no accent slow rapping over slow half ass beats. That doesnt mean eminem is back, keep in mind i think this was a HUGE STEP UP from his last two albums but damn =/

Maybe i just miss Marshal Mathers lol, but seriously....The album got boring after a play or two and it felt empty...the substance tracks even felt forced. No raw emotion like I'm used to from eminem.

Co-sign!

that sums up my feelings on the album!

It is a step up from Relapse, but I just think it's a terrible disrespect to Eminem's previous work for anyone to say Recovery is as good as any of his work from 98-2003.

I'm just trying to defend Eminem's legacy because he may be the greatest rapper that ever lived.  so the legacy and greatness of albums such as The Eminem Show should not so easily be forgotten.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2010, 08:29:19 PM »
Well anybody who expects Recovery to have tracks like Stan, Drug Ballad, My words are weapons, If I get locked up tonight, Cleaning out my Closet, 8 Mile, Lose yourself, Kill you, Rock Bottom, Role Model, The way I am etc is just kidding himself.

It's 2010. It can not happen. Ever.

You should just take this as a 2010 album and not as something that gets you back to Eminem around 2000, cause if you take it as the latter the only theoretically possible outcome is going to be a disappointment.

It is def remarkable how he released 2 albums who are so very different within 1 year after being fucked up as hell for several years, so take it as major progress, cause that is what it is.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 10:43:23 PM »
My expectations were super high especially since he was working with outside producers, two of them I rank in my top 5 new producers.

I was expecting something monstrous from Khalil and Just Blaze.  Instead I found a weird album with tracks full of odd choruses and pop sensible singles.

Based on Forever and Drop The World I thought it was going to be a classic.  The single dropped I thought it was good on first listen but later realized it had little replay value and become annoying quickly. 

It didn't float right.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 10:48:25 PM »
The only thing that makes me shake my head is that everytime there is a "Recovery" thread the same names keep popping in & out to give the same exact opinion they gave in the other 10 threads; it's like you want to make a distinct point that you didn't like the album; you didn't like the return of Eminem & are turned off by it's hype.

This is what everyone does around here.  The difference is you take an exception when you like something and you don't want to read any opposing/negative commentary.  

Who? Who goes from thread to thread post to post saying the same thing about the same album?

What is the sense is repeating yourself time & time...and time again unless you're going out of your way to make a point you like/dislike it?

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 07:15:27 PM »
Sigh, you're a stubborn little fucker.  It is what it is.  You're stanning hard on Recovery and you can't handle any dissenting opinions.  You think people that don't enjoy the album should voice their opinions once but you find it's okay to say you like it in 5 different ways.  Right? Right.

You ask why post the same thing over and over again?  Why do you keep doing it?  You keep popping up posting the same shit, asking why do people post the same shit?

I don't care that people do it, you do.  Ask yourself why you do.

Better yet, you keep posting your positive reviews and let the people who don't enjoy post their negative ones. 
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 08:17:55 PM »
LOL, my stanning, postive, certified classic 7/10 album. :D

Not why do "people post the same shit", like I'm talking about anybody who posts a bad review; it's the same people.

& why do I keep asking? Because I don't have an answer. Like I said, unless you're going out of your way to make the point the album isn't good, I don't see why.

If somebody kept posting the album is amazing, over & over again, maybe I'd ask the same thing; but I don't see that. People who post positives say it & bounce lol.

I actually haven't been posting a review, I'm just questioning why the same people keep saying it's bad.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 08:39:45 PM »
You haven't posted a review yet you criticize those who have?  haha

Dude, just stop posting until you post your opinions.  You're so worried about what other people post and who posts what you're not even contributing anything. 
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2010, 08:51:44 PM »

Dude, just stop posting until you post your opinions.  You're so worried about what other people post and who posts what you're not even contributing anything. 

Funny, I could of sworn you just said I was stanning; pretty hard to "stan" when you don't even know my opinion, lmfao.

I'm not worried about anything, I'm just curious to know the answer to something & I haven't gotten an answer lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 09:08:45 PM »

Funny, I could of sworn you just said I was stanning; pretty hard to "stan" when you don't even know my opinion, lmfao.

I'm not worried about anything, I'm just curious to know the answer to something & I haven't gotten an answer lol.

I do think you are stanning pretty hard but you admitted in your last post that you haven't even posted a review.  The majority of your posts have been in defense of Recovery or question/critiquing those who have spoken negatively on it.  Instead of worrying about what is posted and who posts it, just post your opinion. 

I won't speak for anyone else, who else is your question directed at?

1. It's a forum.
2. I had high expectations from the album. 
3. I was disappointed.
4. I want to express myself.
5. Why not?
6. There's not much else to talk about.
7. I can.
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 10:17:22 PM »

I do think you are stanning pretty hard but you admitted in your last post that you haven't even posted a review.  The majority of your posts have been in defense of Recovery or question/critiquing those who have spoken negatively on it.  Instead of worrying about what is posted and who posts it, just post your opinion. 

1. It's a forum.
3. I was disappointed.
5. Why not?
7. I can.

In response to numbers 1, 4, 5 & 7; how can you say that & then tell me not to say anything?

You want to critique & then say "BECAUSE I CAN!", well I can question why, because "I can" lol.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2010, 05:13:04 AM »

1. It's a forum.
3. I was disappointed.
5. Why not?
7. I can.

In response to numbers 1, 4, 5 & 7; how can you say that & then tell me not to say anything?

You want to critique & then say "BECAUSE I CAN!", well I can question why, because "I can" lol.

Obviously, but you're a hypocrite for questioning people on a forum on why they're posting.  Why do you think they're posting?  Did I really have to explain that to you or are you just that much of asshole?  I'm not the one wondering why people are posting, I know why.

Really you come off as a complete idiot sometimes. 

You'll take a stance hardcore, dickride it to death, and won't budge once.   

You argue over stupid shit and haven't really been contributing.  Say what you want about the negative commentary, at least it's commentary.  You're providing a commentary on the commentary.  What the fuck is that?

You step into threads you haven't even listened to the albums of just to defend Recovery.  That's stanning over time. 
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 08:50:20 AM »

1. It's a forum.
3. I was disappointed.
5. Why not?
7. I can.

Obviously, but you're a hypocrite for questioning people on a forum on why they're posting.  Why do you think they're posting?  Did I really have to explain that to you or are you just that much of asshole?  I'm not the one wondering why people are posting, I know why.

Really you come off as a complete idiot sometimes. 

You'll take a stance hardcore, dickride it to death, and won't budge once.   

You argue over stupid shit and haven't really been contributing.  Say what you want about the negative commentary, at least it's commentary.  You're providing a commentary on the commentary.  What the fuck is that?

You step into threads you haven't even listened to the albums of just to defend Recovery.  That's stanning over time. 

That's funny considering I am like 99% sure I could dig through all of your posts & I wouldn't find one where you say, "Interesting point, never thought of it like that; maybe you're right", because you're the one with the hardcore, "I'm never wrong, so recognize!" stances. I'm just waiting to be told differently.

Long Beach Iz Active or whatever his name is now is KNOWN for making stupid threads just to bash other artists & I'm SURE you know that; but magically when it's about Eminem's album it's his first ever "postive, 'wow what a great, unbiased post'" thead. Give me a break lmfao.

I never wondered why people give an opinion, I wonder why they give the same one over & over again. And I guess the answer is childishly clear, "because they can".

& I don't recall "defending Recovery", I just questioned the purpose of making a "comparison thread" when he isn't even comparing albums; just preaching how one is great & one is bad & then go on to say "comparing the two is a joke" LOL.

You & Rapsodie & anybody else who called me out on that is either retarded or just blindly going against me because you want to see me wrong; & I thought I was the "hardcore, won't budging, dickrider". You two have gone out of your way to see that you're both right & I'm wrong that you can't even see the whole common sense factor of it.

It's whatever though, I expected it from you two, considering like I said earlier, I cannot go through your posts & ever once see you change your opinion or even consider what the other person says is right lol.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 11:21:31 AM »
Well anybody who expects Recovery to have tracks like Stan, Drug Ballad, My words are weapons, If I get locked up tonight, Cleaning out my Closet, 8 Mile, Lose yourself, Kill you, Rock Bottom, Role Model, The way I am etc is just kidding himself.

It's 2010. It can not happen. Ever.

You should just take this as a 2010 album and not as something that gets you back to Eminem around 2000, cause if you take it as the latter the only theoretically possible outcome is going to be a disappointment.

It is def remarkable how he released 2 albums who are so very different within 1 year after being fucked up as hell for several years, so take it as major progress, cause that is what it is.

oh man...here we go again. This "it's 2010" talk makes me sick to my stomach. who the fuck said people want tracks like these from 2000 era? People just want tracks on the same level. Recovery is nowhere near to that level.
This music is boring... that's all

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 12:31:11 PM »
Long Beach Iz Active or whatever his name is now is KNOWN for making stupid threads just to bash other artists & I'm SURE you know that; but magically when it's about Eminem's album it's his first ever "postive, 'wow what a great, unbiased post'" thead. Give me a break lmfao.

lol, the guy liked Relapse and gave it a good review. Some people didn't like Recovery. Deal with it.

I never wondered why people give an opinion, I wonder why they give the same one over & over again. And I guess the answer is childishly clear, "because they can".

You're one to talk when you make more of the same posts than anyone here.

& I don't recall "defending Recovery", I just questioned the purpose of making a "comparison thread" when he isn't even comparing albums; just preaching how one is great & one is bad.

Lol, so you'd rather he'd say they're equal? You haven't even listened to RPM and yet you're in there criticizing someone's else's opinion because it involves Recovery. If that's not defending Recovery, I don't know what is. How do you know RPM isn't way better than Recovery? Go listen to the album, come back and give your opinion. I'd respect your posts way more if they were actually based on something other than your need to rush to the defense of music you like. Seriously dude, you need to stop worrying about why other people dislike albums and spend more time talking about the actual music.

Also, you claim that you give the album a 7/10. You have also admitted that you enjoy Eminem's music more than the average hip hop fan, regardless of quality, just because its Eminem. So you should easily be able to see why people would give this album a 6 or a 5. But no, apparently that's too extreme. Yeah, you're totally not a stan  ::)