Author Topic: Alright, let's do this: Revolutions Per Minute Vs. Recovery  (Read 1034 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Re: Alright, let's do this: Revolutions Per Minute Vs. Recovery
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 05:41:25 PM »
When did you guys have decide to conduct a conspiracy against common sense?

Since that ninja put out Universal Mind Control.

GET IT? HAWHAWHAW.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 05:47:35 PM »

GET IT? HAWHAWHAW.

awwwwww shit, little Richard Pryor over here.

just take your L and keep it movin, stop embarrassing yourself

the only person who has worse karma than you is Elano & we all know how credible & great a poster he is. :D

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »
what are people really judging these albums on? is it that talib is underground and em is major? 

Talib ain't underground. Don't know why people say that. He's been on a major record label and is a well known name in hip hop. I'm judging the albums based on that imo Talib Kweli is still in his prime and Em is past his. Em can still spit, but his past two records show that he is hella inconsistent now and he isn't nearly the emcee he used to be. RPM is a great album to me, though not on the level of ToT. Recovery was disappointing overall.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »
So what promted the comparison between these two album? They're targeting different audiences, and have a completely different sound, were they released on the same day or whats the deal?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 12:08:15 AM »
So what promted the comparison between these two album? They're targeting different audiences, and have a completely different sound, were they released on the same day or whats the deal?

nah they both target the suburban young white male.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2010, 05:14:08 AM »

It's hip-hop.  If you can't compare two hip-hop albums then what can be compared?
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

westside159

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2010, 08:22:37 AM »

WTF  YOUNG white males suburb ?    Talib Kweli is pure blacc gold bro .  where have you been ?  lmao

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 08:37:21 AM »

It's hip-hop.  If you can't compare two hip-hop albums then what can be compared?

Really? From what I heard, Em's album is "pop-based" junk.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 10:26:09 AM »

WTF  YOUNG white males suburb ?    Talib Kweli is pure blacc gold bro .  where have you been ?  lmao

lol, I guarantee you the majority of his fanbase is white. And lol @ Cham still being in this thread

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 11:54:41 AM »

GET IT? HAWHAWHAW.

awwwwww shit, little Richard Pryor over here.

just take your L and keep it movin, stop embarrassing yourself

the only person who has worse karma than you is Elano & we all know how credible & great a poster he is. :D

woooooooooow, you really just used online karma on dubcc as some of justification for you embarrassing yourself

let me ask you something euro, are your karma points on dubcc getting you pussy or you still having to rely on catching glimpses of your moms when she's taking a shower?
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 12:08:22 PM »

WTF  YOUNG white males suburb ?    Talib Kweli is pure blacc gold bro .  where have you been ?  lmao

lol, I guarantee you the majority of his fanbase is white. And lol @ Cham still being in this thread

this is true,seen talib rocc before and was one of the 8 blaccs there, it succs but most of my people would rather just be "entertained" by what's considered popular (folks in to rap music today) yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2010, 01:09:09 PM »

Really? From what I heard, Em's album is "pop-based" junk.

Why would you post that comment?

It's still a hip-hop album even if I don't like it or if people have critique as being pop influenced, which it obviously is.   
- Banks

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »

I'm not saying they shouldn't be compared, just interested in what prompted the thought because to me they're completely different albums with a completely different sound. You'd be better comparing RPM to Jake One and Freeways album and Recovery to Drakes album...

And when I talk about audiences I'm not referencing the colour of their skin, you'll find the average Talib fan is a lot different to the average Eminem fan

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 02:27:09 PM »

I'm not saying they shouldn't be compared, just interested in what prompted the thought because to me they're completely different albums with a completely different sound. You'd be better comparing RPM to Jake One and Freeways album and Recovery to Drakes album...

And when I talk about audiences I'm not referencing the colour of their skin, you'll find the average Talib fan is a lot different to the average Eminem fan

Yeah, better yet,

The Roots How I Got Over vs. Revolutions Per Minute

and

Jay-Z's Blueprint III vs. Eminem's Recovery
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 02:29:18 PM »

lol, how is Drake similar to Eminem? Drake raps about loving bitches and being successful, Em raps about murdering bitches and fucking up his life.