Author Topic: Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River  (Read 599 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2002, 05:18:42 PM »
You've misunderstood me.  You said Michael's album was a "flop".  On what level?  According to who? The only OBJECTIVE way to say something "Flopped" is to measure it's "floppibility", and the only way to Objectively do that, is through sales.  The only way you can say Mike's album was a flop, is if you're saying that his sales "flopped".  I just showed you that his sales are actually twice as good as Justin Timberlakes, in the U.S. alone... this is 24 years into his solo career, and he's still outselling the hottest R&B singer out?  He's miraculous.

Now, qualitywise, you might think Justin's is much much much better.  But you can't prove that... it's just your SUBJECTIVE opinion... Subjective in that it is Subject to the listener.  It's your opinion.  Just like it's mine, that Mike's is better.

Peace~

DPGC-1

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2002, 05:48:54 PM »
Justin Timberlake is garbage...How anyone can like this piece of shit is beyond me...He's a bad imitation of MJ and Usher...The only thing good about his album are the beats and the Neptunes and Timbo wasted them on this fool rather than give him to a more credible artist...

Pillow

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2002, 07:04:06 PM »
Justin timberlake is a fag, why tha fuck we even talkin about his ass?

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2002, 07:26:08 PM »
What matters to you more?  How good MJ's album is quality wise, like how good are the songs; or how much albums he sells?  There are a lot of albums that are considered classic, but haven't sold shit.  Then there are albums that sell like mad cause people pay for the name, and the album isn't that good.

Your trying to tell me that the music in an album is judged by how much it sells.  So just because people are paying for the name - Michael Jackson - his album is automatically better.  No.

MJs got the most fans in the world prolly, lol, so they are loyal and bought it NO MATTER WHAT.

JT's album is a great party record, and just because the amount it sells doesn't mean it isn't a good album.  

Paaaaceeeeee

Jt's album is good , but all he did was follow mj's blueprints. Everything from the melody to the feel of the album is in vein of thriller and off the wall. This is ground mj has covered 20 years ago. So now that mj keeps pushing his music creatively, people take it the wrong way. Mj is just tooo damn talented to make the same music over and over and over
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

Doggystylin

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2002, 09:07:30 PM »
the video and timbaland and that one chick make the song 10x better even though i like the song too, i dont care if yall think its gay to listen to him or its "ungangsta", i like it....

i gotta say the video was really directed well, its a dope video,plus the beat was amazing, and justin came nice on the vocals

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2002, 11:11:53 PM »
Justin timberlake is a fag, why tha fuck we even talkin about his ass?

I hate to take the SEEMINGLY ignorent and closed minded side, but -^^^YAAAAAAA, what he said^^^  ;D ;)
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2002, 08:59:30 AM »
Yup, tight song.  Great album period.  C'mom Trauma, don't hate cause his album crushed MJ's flop.

Oh, and btw, you don't know what you're talking about.  You might assume he 'crushed MJ's' album, but he didn't.  "Invincible" was certified double plat 5 weeks after it debuted.  "Justified", 5 weeks after it debuted, has sold just a little over a million copies.  So who's crushing who?

Also; with Justin coming out of his band, seeing as this IS his first solo album, shouldn't he be selling the 7 million records in the U.S. that Mike sold of HIS first solo album?  LOL

I was comparing Justin to Usher.  There is NO comparison between Justin and Mike.  

and on top of that people did not buy as many records then....and  Michael Jackson is the King

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Murrow

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2002, 11:32:05 AM »
Overall, I meant that you judge an album by the music, and not how much money they make off of it.  What about those days when people had to wait to buy an album without hearing any songs on it besides the first single?!  There would be people who would buy the record no matter what just becuase it was one of their favorite artists.  I see you as one of those MJ fans who will say his album is dope no matter what, cause you pointed out if sold 8 million or whatever.  BUT, MOST people agree including many magazines; and said that MJ's comeback album flopped.  

Now, you got JT's album which I'm not measuring on sales.  I'm comparing it to JT's music vs. the music on MJ's album.  Many critics liked JT's album as opposed to MJ's.

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2002, 04:34:17 PM »
Like I said, That's all subjective, and no matter HOW YOU WANNA LOOK AT IT, 1 million people in america liked JT's enough to buy it, and 2 million liked Mike's enough to buy it.  Who you gonna trust?  

Murrow

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2002, 09:19:38 AM »
Like I said, That's all subjective, and no matter HOW YOU WANNA LOOK AT IT, 1 million people in america liked JT's enough to buy it, and 2 million liked Mike's enough to buy it.  Who you gonna trust?  

Yeah, but Michael has been around SINCE THE EARLY 70S!  No shit he'll sell more, it's just right now most see his last album as a dissapointment.  I was let down. remember you told me this will be some shit music isn't ready for?  That some record exec's were too afrad to release it yet?  WHAT HAPPENED??

Doggystylin

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2002, 02:48:42 PM »
please you two, chill, its all good Mike is better to you and you like Justin better, its all good, but this thread is about Justin's song. end the argument, get it overwith on AIM or somethin.

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2002, 06:46:28 PM »

Yeah, but Michael has been around SINCE THE EARLY 70S!  No shit he'll sell more, it's just right now most see his last album as a dissapointment.  I was let down. remember you told me this will be some shit music isn't ready for?  That some record exec's were too afrad to release it yet?  WHAT HAPPENED??

Man, that's subjective.  And look at the people, (ANY OF THEM) that sold in the 70's, they don't sell now.  So he shouldn't either.  Look at Fleetwood Mac, they sold well in the 70's, I'll bet their new cd don't sell as well as it used to.  That doesn't mean they suck, that just means that they've been out a long long time.  

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2002, 08:05:15 PM »
Well....Just like Blade said 2 me tha other day....CLASSIC production + Blueprints of Michael Jackson Bitten = Justin Timberlake....

4 r&b, tha song is bRILLIANT no doubt.....Im luvin it, Hate 2 admit it.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2002, 08:28:40 PM »
It's coo...

bez

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2002, 08:38:40 PM »
I downloaded the song , there is sumit there, I am sure it will gorw on me but first listen I dont really feel it!