Author Topic: KRS one schooling motherfuckers, says he made wayne cry.  (Read 697 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
KRS one schooling motherfuckers, says he made wayne cry.
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:40:37 PM »
AllHipHop.com:  On page 10 of [the Gospel of Hip Hop], you write: “…many have forgotten the love of GOD.  Desperate and impoverished and suddenly propelled to the top of the World’s social circles, they marvel at the effects of their own artistic skills caring little for the cause of such skills; they just want to eat.” What’s your take on this current state of rap music and rappers that proclaim themselves to be “the best rapper alive”?  Do you think their comments are misguided?

KRS-One:  You’re so right in this way, but let me just tell you how I deal with it in this sense. There is good in all of this. Let me criticize, first. First, the statement that you read in the Gospel, that was said with the spirit of not so much a judgment, but an observation as to the state of hip hop right now. These dudes don’t know where their food comes from. And it’s really for them to read this themselves. This message will get to them in some way, shape or form, that you don’t know how to do what you are doing, so you’re doing of it is temporary. And this is what the Gospel of Hip Hop lays out — it’s actually saving their lives and their necks as well, because deep down inside, if you really want to get money, and you say, “I really want to get this cash.” If you really want to get this cash, you can’t act like the way a lot of these dudes act.

It’s impossible in real life. You can’t do it. So, to be on a TV or radio or Internet, and you say, “I’m the best rapper alive. I’m the greatest alive,” they don’t realize that you’re bringing that onto yourself. We already learned that if you say you’re criminal-minded, that you are going to attract criminal-minded activities to you. We learned the hard way that lesson. Bad Boy learned the lesson.  Look at Ready to Die. If you’re going to put a record out that says you’re ready to die, well come on, man, this is what it is. So at the end of the day, these guys are going to probably have to learn the same lesson again, and the lesson is, “I’m the greatest. I’m the best. I’m the this.” Well the greatest and the best is also socially responsible. I do believe that. It’s just that a lot of these guys are young, and it is right to say you are the best.

AllHipHop.com:  OK.

KRS-One:  But here’s my second part to this. It is right to say you are the best. In hip hop, you’ve got to say that. That’s how you’ve got to come off, otherwise you’re a punk, and you have no right to rap at all. You have to step up, “I’m the best.” But then you find yourself in a club with KRS one night. It’s industry night. Or maybe it’s not. Maybe it’s somewhere where real dudes are in getting it in. And you may have the hottest record on radio, or on the Internet, you may be selling millions of CDs, but I tell you the truth. I’ve been around since ’77, but professionally twenty-three years since Criminal Minded [repped] South Bronx. In those twenty years, I’ve seen dudes with platinum s**t, crazy, all over the place. That means nothing when you step before the people.

Now, if you say, “I’m the best,” then be the best. That means you say it, that’s why I’m on my way, that’s why I’m on my way to be the best. But then with hip hop, see, hip hop tests you. Now that don’t mean you in the club and say, “I’m the best,” but then you never in the club. Or you say, “I’m the best,” but you never really where dudes are spittin'. And I be where cats be spittin’ that. I be in the battles. I be at the Lion’s Den up in Harlem. What I’m pointing out is that these guys have the right to say whatever they want in their fantasyland. In a poetic sense, they have the right to say whatever they want. Freedom of speech. We live in a free country. However, at some point you’re going to meet Supernatural in the club. And you’re going to be embarrassed. I’m not fronting. You’re going to be embarrassed, and it happens over and over.

AllHipHop.com:  I can only imagine! [laughing]

KRS-One:  I can’t tell you the list that I’ve embarrassed. I wasn’t even trying to, because I’m not that type to try and show somebody up. I come in humble, but I’m going to do me. I come in there, I’m doing me, and these cats can’t even take it. Platinum dudes, they won’t want to go on after KRS. They don’t want me in the building. They don’t call me for tours. None of that. You know, I was the host of Rock the Bells. Cats was getting it in. In, in, in. We was getting it in. I bought some Hulk gloves and went to work. Crazy. But you don’t think they see that? These kids see that, too, these rappers that are claiming to be the best at this and the best of that. They know, really, what it is, and they have to say that really.

Let me say this. I do have an aura of elitism, that I am the best. But I would never irresponsibly run around yelling – “I’m the best!” – the way we’re hearing it come across. “You’ve done nothing. You’ve only been on the scene two years, if that. You have one record, and you’re claiming king,” and all of this. No doubt, that’s poor. But what it also says, though, is it’s ignorant. If you can get past the criticism real quick – because it’s wack – when people do that: you claiming the best but you’re not. You claim mastery, but you’re not a master. You haven’t mastered your craft, yet. Slow down. But that’s the problem with the young’n’. See the young’n’ always has that problem. I had that problem, too. But I had to learn to control my arrogance.

AllHipHop.com:  As the old saying goes: “Heavy is the head that wears the crown!”

KRS-One:  Definitely. I feel for Kanye. I feel for Drake. I feel for these guys who do have to wear their career on their shoulder, on their chest, to make everybody know they’re the best, because it’s brutal out there. It really is. When I was coming up, I had Melle Mel on my back. I mean, imagine that s**t. I mean, I would not be who I was if it wasn’t for Melle Mel. Let’s just start right there. That it’s. Melle Mel. That’s me, KRS-One, straight up and down. And here now, I’ve got to actually stomach the fact that this dude wants to battle me, live at the Latin Quarter, because I am saying: “I’m taking all comers. I’m from the Bronx. And I’m starting with Bronx MCs.” So Melle Mel took offense, and was like, “No, you ain’t the best around here. Melle Mel is.” And I said, “Oh, no. You’re finished.” And the battle, it went on. And I came out victorious, and a lot of people saw it. And that’s what it was. But that don’t mean you run around, still saying you’re the best. To this day, I still give Melle Mel reverence, saying to you what Marley Marl, the late Mr. Magic, everybody that I battled in that sense. But you’ve got to have some sportsmanship about yourself. And that’s what a lot of people are not really exercising – is the sportsmanship to the whole thing. If you are the best, then you are just the best. That’s it. You don’t yell it. You don’t say it. You don’t have to say it. Your skill is going to show the world who the best is.

AllHipHop.com:  Well, humility is a trait that is often hard to come by! [laughing]

KRS-One:  True! [laughing] But it is good to be in a community where all the artists think they’re the best. That’s a good thing. It’s a brutal thing, because there can only really be one. So there is a process of elimination, no doubt. But hip hop is vast enough where if you ain’t talkin’ that s**t, then ain’t nobody coming at you like that. But if you want to step into the arena, and how you step into the arena is by saying “I’m the best over all of you.” “Oh, well now let’s put that to the test. Let’s see if that’s really what it is.” And I’m that dude. I’m that dude right there who walks around with no other purpose than to put that claim to the test. Sometimes it’s not even my words. It’s just my presence.

When I walk in a building, or walk into a party — I be at these industry parties when I get a chance. And I see how people move. I see how the room moves around, like, “Oh, s**t, KRS is here.” And I’m like, “Yeah, KRS is here, what? You thought it was going to be fake all night?” You know how many cats say that and can’t look me in the eye. And on the flip side. I’ll tell you a real story about Wayne. Real Wayne. I like his style. I think Wayne is bussin’ off at you as an MC. I haven’t seen his show, so I’m reluctant to call him an MC.

AllHipHop.com:  Why is that?
KRS-One:  I mean, I’ve seen his show, and he was just getting money. I haven’t really seen him in his element, like going in, hungry and off-stage, to call him an MC-MC. But I like his metaphors. I like how he puts his words together, for the style in which he’s coming with. Now he claims the best, too.

AllHipHop.com:  Oh, yes, Wayne definitely thinks he is the best rapper alive or dead! [laughing]
KRS-One:  I remember the BET Hip Hop Awards, when I was there to get my Lifetime Achievement Award. Right in the wings, Wayne was like, “Yo. The Teacha.” And I’m like, “Yo, don’t even start.” So I give him a pound, and I say, “Let me tell you something. You are the number one MC today.” He said, “Yo, don’t f**k with me, Kris. Don’t say that s**t, man. Don’t f**k with me.” Coming from you? Don’t f**k with me.” Everybody was staring around – like a hundred people. And he’s like, “Don’t f**k with me, man.” I told him: “Stay focused. Don’t get distracted. Don’t get with that bulls**t. You are the number one MC. Stay focused. Take hip hop with you.” Everybody clapped. The s**t was ridiculous. He broke down into tears. It was ridiculous.

Somebody got it on film, somewhere. Cameras were all over the place. I was just telling him, “You the number one. You the number one.” But the point is: he took that s**t seriously. And I said it seriously and he took it like, “Wow. KRS-One validated my whole s**t right now. Oh, s**t.” And he was waiting for that. He was looking for that. He could always pop that yang, he could always say, “Yeah, I’m the best, and I’m selling . . .” But there’s a part in his soul that wants Africa Bambaataa to come by and shake his hand. There’s a part of his soul that wants to be accepted by Chuck D or have a KRS come over. All them dudes from 50 on down — everybody — and I’m saying it because I’m living it — this ain’t gossip. I’m living these things. These dudes are coming to me with real questions about their lives: this, that and the other. I probably need a reality show. I need to stop bulls**tting and go get a reality show so that people can really see.

AllHipHop.com:  Why don’t you give Viacom a call?!? [laughing]
KRS-One:  Man, I should! [laughing] I’ll just be walking down the street and run into somebody — an artist, an executive, somebody you knew or something like that, and they be like, “Yo, let me tell you, man. It’s like this. It’s like that.” It’s not always tad and bad news. A lot of times cats be like, “Yo, I just got blessed crazy. I’m on my way here, here and here.” It’s not always death and destruction in hip hop. It’s not always, “Yo, ni**a, what’s up? We beefin’.” Hip hop got a lot of love in it. Cats are exchanging information, resources. People are getting together.

I just got a new album from Masta Ace and Ed O.G, and that s**t is kind of hot. I also say it because I’m on it! [laughing] But Masta Ace slid off. I did some eight bar thing for him some months ago, and he gave it to me. He said, “Look. It’s finished. Here listen to it. Tell me what you think.” So I listen to the whole album. The whole album was good. I was like: “Damn, listen to Ace. Listen to Ed O.G, man.” These cats, they doing it, and you can only do it for love, now. You can get a little money, no doubt. There’s still money out there to get. But not no more selling no CD. You’ll get a little something. But really, if you ain’t doing it really for the love of it right now, you not really doing it. You can’t really do it. And it’s funny how the universe works that out. The cats that did it for the money, now, can’t do hip hop, because there’s no money in rap music.

AllHipHop.com:  Well, I guess you can say that Mother Nature ran her course and let all of the genuine MCs persevere! [laughing]
KRS-One:  True! [laughing] But the money in rap music is getting smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller and smaller, and everybody’s running to movies and fashion lines and restaurants and whatever other entrepreneurial thing they could come up with, but nobody’s really thinking about hip hop. See, the Gospel talks about that, too, about how we drove the car far and now we need to gas up again. And everybody’s just saying, “Up. We’re here. Let’s get out of the car, and leave the car because we’re here now. We drove the car. We have corporations.  We’re in everything, now. Hip hop is everything.” So that’s it, now f**k hip hop. It just fades away. No! Not on KRS on watch. So this is where the Gospel comes to us because we’re saying, “No. More than ever now, let’s decide who is hip hop and who really isn’t.”

And not me saying, “This is hip hop and this isn’t.” But you will say to yourself, “I love this culture. I ain't part of this bulls**t.” And f**k, with your own mouth, you say, “Boom. I’m not down.” But if you are down, with your own mouth, you don’t say, “Yo, I am hip hop. This is me. I’m this. I feel this. This is what I’m about. This is what I’m going to eat off of. This is how I’m going to define myself.” And that’s what we’re really putting forward. I think it’s a brilliant time, really, for it. It’s a brilliant time to do it. It’s the right time to do it. Do you realize that the Gospel of Hip Hop, even though I stay away from the term religion, is really defining culture?  Your culture is your religion, and your religion is your culture, in that sense. What you live daily is your religion, is your culture. I live hip hop daily, and millions of other people do, too. So it can be called our religion.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2010/06/24/22275827.aspx
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:51:07 PM by K1NG PETEY »

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: KRS one schooling motherfuckers, says he made wayne cry.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »
honestly tho... KRS gets my respect no doubt but KRS ain't shit.  that don't got nothin 2 do with what he raps about or none of that positivity he preaches, he's just corny.  He had his run in the 80's and his "og"izm in the early(early) 90's but that was it.  dude be soundin mad cocky talkin about this and that... son nobody cares except maybe these old (old) heads that'r pushin 40 and 50, stop tryna act like you're still that relevant to tha game.  yeah u might be on some Dr. J shit when it comes to tha game but there has been 1 too many to do it better (QTip for example, Ice Cube for example), let's not get 2 actin' like KRS stood the test of time.  When DeathRow came in on tha scene niggaz was like KRS-Who and not 1 nigga. 

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 05:24:38 PM »
honestly tho... KRS gets my respect no doubt but KRS ain't shit.  that don't got nothin 2 do with what he raps about or none of that positivity he preaches, he's just corny.  He had his run in the 80's and his "og"izm in the early(early) 90's but that was it.  dude be soundin mad cocky talkin about this and that... son nobody cares except maybe these old (old) heads that'r pushin 40 and 50, stop tryna act like you're still that relevant to tha game.  yeah u might be on some Dr. J shit when it comes to tha game but there has been 1 too many to do it better (QTip for example, Ice Cube for example), let's not get 2 actin' like KRS stood the test of time.  When DeathRow came in on tha scene niggaz was like KRS-Who and not 1 nigga. 

I'm 27 and that interview really brought out the MC and hiphop fan in me. You may be too young to get it at this time, he's speaking on some grown man shit. This is no offense to you, because at a time I may have been like Fuck KRS too, but fortunately i'm at a point in my life where i can understand where he's coming from.

AlerG
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »
he does come off real self righteous but hes one of the few pioneers who can still rip a mic and still practices his craft...I met dude in 2001 and he was real cool.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:01:24 PM »
Krs is a complicated person but he can still spit so keep bringin it kris
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 07:52:43 PM »
KRS One spits some wisdom, but he also talks a lot of bullshit. Just cause he self-appointed himself the teacher of hip hop doesn't mean you should listen to everything he says.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 11:38:36 PM »
homie u read the artical,and just missed the whole fucking point..why would u just talk crazy out your ass like that?..we all love hiphop,and u just shit on it.with some foolishness..wake up cuzz.....ps: get that fucking racist monkey out your sig...its distracting to any real black person.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 12:13:15 PM »
^^^lmao! if it offendz u then don't let it.  what am i supposed 2 care.  i am a greedy nigga boy who wants all the money in the world, u damn right. 

look i like KRS1 and what he stands 4 but I'm not gonna sit here and be "educated" every single time the man opens his mouth, he can save that shit for Sunday School... better yet why doesn't he go 2 tha worst high school in the US and become the Principal (real talk) if he wants to educate the uneducated. 

Like i said, i respect my man but everytime he opens his mouth it's like blah blah blah and i know more than u about hiphop bcuz i'm KRS1 and I was a pioneer, u don't hear the homie Run blastin off about dumb shit everytime (whenever that is lol) about the generation.  krs just gets old with that "lettme huff and puff and show these yung punks wassup" type shit, i think he's still a little bitter about what happend 2 his son that's all.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 12:24:17 PM »
i can care less what anybody says, to me this is the greatest mc in HIP HOP of all time,from all the elements,i can give a fucc about the corporate shit,and if you are a fan why does that mean something to you anyway you ain't getting paid off the shit unless you are bootlegging it, even when this equal dissed my idol tho i didn't think his song was better i still kept it networth and admitted it was knot, and i would rather hear him talk then these new equals who only think about the chipper jones who also let some craccer or jew tell them whats hot, this guy is an icon in hip hop,yet most of these fans today would rather let jimmy iovine butt fucc them then hear him speak smh @ alot of these new lames, thanks for post'n petey yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 12:35:15 PM »
someone has too high of an opinion of their self
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

sprite

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »
whether you like him or not he does make some sense in what he says

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »
i can care less what anybody says, to me this is the greatest mc in HIP HOP of all time,from all the elements,i can give a fucc about the corporate shit,and if you are a fan why does that mean something to you anyway you ain't getting paid off the shit unless you are bootlegging it, even when this equal dissed my idol tho i didn't think his song was better i still kept it networth and admitted it was knot, and i would rather hear him talk then these new equals who only think about the chipper jones who also let some craccer or jew tell them whats hot, this guy is an icon in hip hop,yet most of these fans today would rather let jimmy iovine butt fucc them then hear him speak smh @ alot of these new lames, thanks for post'n petey yell

Respect

but i don't think there's anybody in the world who let's a corporation (or Jimmy Iovine in this matter) decide what's hot.  Singles r 1 thing but tha album is pretty much all up to tha artist unless that artist iz strickly 4 profit purposes (like The Shop Boyz or somethin).

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »
look i like KRS1 and what he stands 4 but I'm not gonna sit here and be "educated" every single time the man opens his mouth, he can save that shit for Sunday School... better yet why doesn't he go 2 tha worst high school in the US and become the Principal (real talk) if he wants to educate the uneducated. 
  What good would becoming the prinicipal of a terrible high school accomplish, really?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »
  What good would becoming the prinicipal of a terrible high school accomplish, really?

more than what he's doing trying 2 educate the world i'll tell u that.  it would show that the man iz real about what he sayz and not just using "peace, love, education, unity, and equality" as a crutch.  plus it would show him if niggaz iz really listening 2 what he's saying or not lol.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »
^^^lmao! if it offendz u then don't let it.  what am i supposed 2 care.  i am a greedy nigga boy who wants all the money in the world, u damn right.  

Like i said, i respect my man but everytime he opens his mouth it's like blah blah blah and i know more than u about hiphop bcuz i'm KRS1 and I was a pioneer, u don't hear the homie Run blastin off about dumb shit everytime (whenever that is lol) about the generation.  krs just gets old with that "lettme huff and puff and show these yung punks wassup" type shit, i think he's still a little bitter about what happend 2 his son that's all.

Did you even read the interview?

Usually when you agree with someone, you don't rip on them..  

Are you disagreeing with most of the shit he said in the interview?  If you're not, appreciate the dude's opinion and stop hating.

KRS ONE INTERVIEWS > ANY INTERVIEW BY LIL WAYNE, KANYE WEST, ETC.

And it's not an old thing, it's a mindstate.  And sometime's you gotta get old before you fall into that mindstate.