Author Topic: When was Dr Dre last hit record? Both rapping and as a producer?  (Read 2306 times)

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: When was Dr Dre last hit record? Both rapping and as a producer?
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2010, 11:27:33 PM »
He produced and co-produced all of Relapse except for once track. Straight to the Bank did decent but not great in '07 as did Bosses Life for Snoop.
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2010, 11:27:58 PM »
He produced and co-produced all of Relapse except for once track. Straight to the Bank did decent but not great in '07 as did Bosses Life for Snoop.

one*
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2010, 02:33:02 AM »
This is actually an interesting thread some what. I was going to make a thread similar to this about the possible demise of the so called 'super producer' or super producers...the three which were first to be given this title in current times were neptunes, timbaland and the beast which is dre. But lets be real, neptunes while hugely gifted fell off...people keep talking about it being cuz chad left and thats debatable but neptunes used to bring out hits on a daily at one stage.

The you got timbaland...dude is arguebaly the only one of the three whos current sound remains with the current generation. That as in his shit don't sound dated, he still was atleast until very recently throwing out hits like its nothing and his music sounded modern still. Recently he gone abit quiet but he probably the most prominent of the three in terms of demand in recent times without doubt.

Dre which this thread is about i was thinking something of the sort of myself recently. When was dudes last CERTIFIED BANGER hit? crack a bottle was a hit but that was solely based on comebacks and names. The record is garbage. We made you was a hit too but any first single off an eminem album is a hit. lol...

So unless im wrong dudes last CERTIFIED BANGER was how we do with 50 n game. Now thats fire for sure but i mean thats fucking nearly half a decade ago now probably. Dude aint made a smash in a long time. Dude ran outta ideas and sounds? Is he finally making shit others can challenge and say they got hotter shit? Because i remember when dre was THAT NIGGA, dudes music was outshining everybody.

It must be a dent to his ego and makes him hungry though. These BIGGGGG time producers like dre and co want to be churning out hits for cats to appease themselves just as much as the fans. He better have some heat rocks on detox and whatever follows it.

*slaps head* So now Crack a Bottle doesn't count as a hit because its by a big name?  And We Made You" doesn't count either? Lol, you might as well discount How We Do as well, that song did well because it was a Game/50 collab for Game's debut and it was commercial garbage anyways.  ::)

Maybe you have trouble reading. I never said crack a bottle or we made you were not hits. I said they were garbage. Not CERTIFIED BANGERS!

LOL@commercial garbage. Who cares if a joint is commercial or not? In da club was commercial, was that garbage? A joint being commercial does not translate into it being garbage. As for how we do being a hit only because it was for games debut and a 50/game collabo is bulllshit. It got MAJOR love in clubs and i still see cats bumpin that shit in their whips come summer and it still gets a spin from time to time in clubs. The joints fire, from the beat to 50s verse, to games verse to the hook. Nothin deep, but fire. Its commercial...so? LOL

My original post was about when dres last record which was fire was a hit? Aint nobody listening to we made you unless you a em stan or a nerd/geek. Same with crack a bottle. Both were hits. I never denied that.  Every eminem record is usually a hit, garbage or not lol.

I think someone mentioned outta control remix, i forgot about that. So yeh, the last two joints which got major love in clubs, in the hood, by hiphop listeners etc were how we do and outta control. Dude aint really made a fire joint which got released in a long ass time that became a hit. Nuff said.
what's with the inferiority complex? it keeps coming back in your posts :eh:

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2010, 01:50:43 PM »
Dre didnt do str8 2 the bank did he? And who said i said my opinion is fact? lol im statin mine like everyone else
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Matty

« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »
Dre didnt do str8 2 the bank did he? And who said i said my opinion is fact? lol im statin mine like everyone else

co-production and mixing credit i believe.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
This is actually an interesting thread some what. I was going to make a thread similar to this about the possible demise of the so called 'super producer' or super producers...the three which were first to be given this title in current times were neptunes, timbaland and the beast which is dre. But lets be real, neptunes while hugely gifted fell off...people keep talking about it being cuz chad left and thats debatable but neptunes used to bring out hits on a daily at one stage.

The you got timbaland...dude is arguebaly the only one of the three whos current sound remains with the current generation. That as in his shit don't sound dated, he still was atleast until very recently throwing out hits like its nothing and his music sounded modern still. Recently he gone abit quiet but he probably the most prominent of the three in terms of demand in recent times without doubt.

Dre which this thread is about i was thinking something of the sort of myself recently. When was dudes last CERTIFIED BANGER hit? crack a bottle was a hit but that was solely based on comebacks and names. The record is garbage. We made you was a hit too but any first single off an eminem album is a hit. lol...

So unless im wrong dudes last CERTIFIED BANGER was how we do with 50 n game. Now thats fire for sure but i mean thats fucking nearly half a decade ago now probably. Dude aint made a smash in a long time. Dude ran outta ideas and sounds? Is he finally making shit others can challenge and say they got hotter shit? Because i remember when dre was THAT NIGGA, dudes music was outshining everybody.

It must be a dent to his ego and makes him hungry though. These BIGGGGG time producers like dre and co want to be churning out hits for cats to appease themselves just as much as the fans. He better have some heat rocks on detox and whatever follows it.

*slaps head* So now Crack a Bottle doesn't count as a hit because its by a big name?  And We Made You" doesn't count either? Lol, you might as well discount How We Do as well, that song did well because it was a Game/50 collab for Game's debut and it was commercial garbage anyways.  ::)

Maybe you have trouble reading. I never said crack a bottle or we made you were not hits. I said they were garbage. Not CERTIFIED BANGERS!

LOL@commercial garbage. Who cares if a joint is commercial or not? In da club was commercial, was that garbage? A joint being commercial does not translate into it being garbage. As for how we do being a hit only because it was for games debut and a 50/game collabo is bulllshit. It got MAJOR love in clubs and i still see cats bumpin that shit in their whips come summer and it still gets a spin from time to time in clubs. The joints fire, from the beat to 50s verse, to games verse to the hook. Nothin deep, but fire. Its commercial...so? LOL

My original post was about when dres last record which was fire was a hit? Aint nobody listening to we made you unless you a em stan or a nerd/geek. Same with crack a bottle. Both were hits. I never denied that.  Every eminem record is usually a hit, garbage or not lol.

I think someone mentioned outta control remix, i forgot about that. So yeh, the last two joints which got major love in clubs, in the hood, by hiphop listeners etc were how we do and outta control. Dude aint really made a fire joint which got released in a long ass time that became a hit. Nuff said.
what's with the inferiority complex? it keeps coming back in your posts :eh:

lol i think you've read enough of my posts to know there def aint no inferiority complex with me! I appreciate the concern though lol ;-)...unless u think i feel others are inferior to me. Again i don't but i know theres alot of idiots on here claiming to understand hiphop but only know of music if its linked to dre yet claiming to be hiphop heads. Even then they don't understand the music... ;-)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:53:45 PM by LyRiCaL_G »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2010, 03:46:56 AM »
well i can't read your mind, but the quote in bold seems like an example of descrediting some peoples' opinions.
when i look at latest response, i think you didn't intend to discredit anyone's opinion, but i don't see how the quote shows that you respect the opinions of the ones that liked crack a bottle & we made you

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »
"we made you" and "crack a bottle" were like the shittiest songs in Aftermath history (well in that small list anyways).  let's not all get 2 actin' like niggaz appreciated those records.  those records were STRAIGHT GARBAGE and y'all know it.  I wish Dr. Dre could be my mentor but if he ever told me that "crack a bottle" and "we made you" were records that i should be learning to produce like i'd just walk outta the studio or tell him 2 stop bullshittin' me.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:20:11 PM by Sir Doobie Roach »

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2010, 04:53:22 PM »
50 Cent, Eminem, D-12, Mary J Blige, Snoop Dogg, The Game..... multiple hits.
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #84 on: July 03, 2010, 07:32:46 PM »
"we made you" and "crack a bottle" were like the shittiest songs in Aftermath history (well in that small list anyways).  let's not all get 2 actin' like niggaz appreciated those records.  those records were STRAIGHT GARBAGE and y'all know it.  I wish Dr. Dre could be my mentor but if he ever told me that "crack a bottle" and "we made you" were records that i should be learning to produce like i'd just walk outta the studio or tell him 2 stop bullshittin' me.

What in the world were wrong with those beats? ???

Jimmy H.

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2010, 01:01:19 AM »
Production is the entire sound of the record, not just the beats.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2010, 09:11:14 AM »

Lol, and this was the guy praising Under Pressure. Crack a bottle and We Made You were well-produced, especially Crack a Bottle, but they failed as entire songs, mostly due to Eminem

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2010, 09:14:14 AM »
'crack a bottle' and specially 'we made you' were nice produced songs.. i still play em sometimes when i got a feelin for some eminem music.. i could find like 20 worse aftermath records, easily

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2010, 09:33:35 AM »

Lol, and this was the guy praising Under Pressure. Crack a bottle and We Made You were well-produced, especially Crack a Bottle, but they failed as entire songs, mostly due to Eminem

LOL, again. 3/5 is "praising". This is the guy who says forums would be boring if everybody agreed all the time. ::)

& I didn't say "what was wrong with the songs", I said what was wrong with the beats. I enjoyed Relapse, but those were at the bottom of my list of songs for that album, just because of Eminem. But the beats were BANGING. Radiotube was talking about the production & there is nothing wrong with either song in that respect.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »
crack a bottle and we made you were just average as fuck, there's nothing special about those beats at all.  i didn't say i didn't like 'em but they weren't exactly the best shit since fried chicken.