Author Topic: Why were there no Warren G beats on 'The Hard Way'?  (Read 1554 times)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Why were there no Warren G beats on 'The Hard Way'?
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:57:30 AM »
Was an explanation ever given?

Why do I have a bad feeling it was over money and/or bullshit...

For what its worth, I do like the production on the album, and I feel like it creates the feel that 213 was looking for. But still, we all know that it needed Warren G beats on it.

Mista Rosa

Re: Why were there no Warren G beats on 'The Hard Way'?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:11:37 AM »
Haha you're just 6 years late!

Warren G explained that Snoop and Nate (on a minus level) wanted different producers. So he didn't have really a choice. Back in 04 Snoop and Nate were the ones with the most exposure. Warren G didn't have released an album since 01, so i guess he wasn't in a position where he could force Snoop to let him produce the album.

Hopefully Warren said they are working on a new 213 album, which should be produced by Warren G!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:14:30 AM »
You're collectin questions for Warren G interview?

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »

haha no.

so they wanted different producers...  but i take it neither of them wanted warren? maybe nate did?

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »

haha no.

so they wanted different producers...  but i take it neither of them wanted warren? maybe nate did?

they prolly just wanted to make a good album, and warren could be out of insipration at the moment.. who knows ;)

StevenQBosell

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »
Haha you're just 6 years late!

Warren G explained that Snoop and Nate (on a minus level) wanted different producers. So he didn't have really a choice. Back in 04 Snoop and Nate were the ones with the most exposure. Warren G didn't have released an album since 01, so i guess he wasn't in a position where he could force Snoop to let him produce the album.

Hopefully Warren said they are working on a new 213 album, which should be produced by Warren G!

Always wondered the same thing myself. Props for the explanation.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
wit g dubb production album could have been classic
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »
Couple of days ago, most of ppl were laughin at Warren past 2000 productions.. and now u're sayin he'd do a classic album.. whats the thing?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 04:33:09 PM »
He said Snoop wanted more commercial producers. I remember one interview where Warren even went as far as-to-say he would've produced the whole album for FREE.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 04:47:48 PM »
Nah people been sayin post rotr hes been wack but the 213 had some wack traxx...wit g dubbs touch that album would have been crazy str8 up...rotr is a mad dope album cuz g dubb did what he does best...the production on that album is fresh almost thru out the album
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

acgrundy

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
he submitted a whole bunch of tracks, but snoop just didn't choose them

G-Funk

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 05:09:56 PM »
Warren G did the remixes, no?
THW was pretty dope, it's a shame they didn't do way earlier like they planned. At least it went gold though.

rotr is a mad dope album cuz g dubb did what he does best...the production on that album is fresh almost thru out the album

When the intro is the best track on your album, you know you done fucked up. lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 06:05:50 PM »
True but still they should have really made this album dope...its not like they couldnt have...and then damn they make one of the doper traxx a import release only...fuck tvt
Cube

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 06:09:21 PM »
I just think there are certain projects that artist have to look at and say "fuck the sales, I'm doing this for the fans". Daz bounced back and did it with Tha Dogg Pound Gangsta LP after he dropped some bullshit and DPG did it with DOGG Shit after giving us some thrown together album. To me 213 was that time. Theres no excuse for that project not to have been completed with the fans as the only thing in mind.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

PLANT

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 06:09:36 PM »
they made some bad choices of beats on that album, but in all fairness....what dope beats has warren really made in the last while...dudes not exactly making heaters or any dope g funk beats anymore...