Author Topic: Why were there no Warren G beats on 'The Hard Way'?  (Read 1558 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why were there no Warren G beats on 'The Hard Way'?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 09:09:43 PM »
Point is he can Makes U WANNA & CRAZY AFTER DARK are damn bangin and album material but ended up on nuthin or mixtapes
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 09:40:20 PM »
he submitted a whole bunch of tracks, but snoop just didn't choose them

wow. to be honest that is a hugee slap in the face by snoop. Supposedly him and snoop are best friends? pshht nah. Honestly if i were warren i would have said fuck it the project is over. goodbye.

acgrundy

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 09:58:07 PM »
why would warren say the project is over?  Its not like warren g is a superstar anymore...I think he will take whatever he can get, and he won't complain. 

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 10:36:23 PM »
why would warren say the project is over?  Its not like warren g is a superstar anymore...I think he will take whatever he can get, and he won't complain. 

tru but still... ok yea warren probably needed the money... but that's still a dick move by snoop. warren g is supposedly his best friend... his beats fit style they were going for well enough... some of the beats on the album were terrible... its like eugh come on.

acgrundy

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 11:09:40 PM »
hey I was one of those guys saying that it is total bullshit that warren doesn't have beats on the album, but hey man, you take what you can get.  at least warren got to rap on it all...he is usually left out of everything.

Will_B

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 11:37:06 PM »
213 The Hard Way Leftover, for those who might not've heard it, or known it was a Warren G beat...

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 12:40:31 AM »
he submitted a whole bunch of tracks, but snoop just didn't choose them
Iam pretty sure at one point there was gonna be four Warren-G tracks on the final cut, then it was only gonna be one, but as we all know it ended up none.
He said Snoop wanted more commercial producers. I remember one interview where Warren even went as far as-to-say he would've produced the whole album for FREE.
I remember that also.

Warren G did the remixes, no?
I only ever heard the remix for "groupie love"?

Some of the songs that Warren produced like "rolling down the highway" ended up on "welcome to the chuuch" mix tapes.

T-o-m

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 03:42:57 AM »
213 The Hard Way Leftover, for those who might not've heard it, or known it was a Warren G beat...

Sounds pretty dope. For me 213 album have wack beats. Theres almost no good music to listen to there. So it's a pity Warren didnt put his hands on it.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 04:03:11 AM »
Warren could have done some good album cuts, but the major standout track was "Joysticc"...that was a club banger that has somewhat been forgotten about but got hella play in 04-05, and it was surprisingly a MAJOR hit in South Florida...they even made a dance up for it LOL.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 06:39:34 AM »
Warren could have done some good album cuts, but the major standout track was "Joysticc"...that was a club banger that has somewhat been forgotten about but got hella play in 04-05, and it was surprisingly a MAJOR hit in South Florida...they even made a dance up for it LOL.

I always thought that myself and I don't remember it being a bona fide single, but I haven't listened to the radio on the regular since '99, so I cant say for sure... but the sample, and the whole vibe off that joint was fantastic, wonder why that song didn't get more exposure

Will_B

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 06:52:19 AM »
Some of the songs that Warren produced like "rolling down the highway" ended up on "welcome to the chuuch" mix tapes.

I knew about Rolllin' Down The Highway. What other songs were Warren G produced?

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 07:27:15 AM »
^i've actually gone pretty blank and now i cant even remember for sure if Warren produced that. and thinking back to all the chuuch tapes i can only remember non Warren produces 213 tracks that made the final cut anyways( run on up and iam fly).
 Oh and i remember a Nate interview sayng that times have changed, referning to no Warren production on the album. I forget the exact wording but it was kind of a "move on, times have changed type comment. So, not just Snoop fault, even though he may have had the final say.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »
What u mean at least he got 2 rap on it? Hes part of the group how or y wouldnt he b on the album let alone all over the album (production and rappin) was dogghouse soulfood round the same time? That ended up on mixtapes and warren produced it and 4 a slow song it was cool and better than the other slow songs...there are 2 versions of this song...kokane, snoop, butch and everyone came thru on this banger but i agree warren shouldnt have agreed to the terms if he couldnt produce on it at least some
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 11:57:20 AM »
damn well... if anyone knows of any remixes warren g did for the 213 album, besides the groopie love remix, definitely post them up on this thread cuz i want to hear them (and im sure everyone else does too).

either way, this shit is whatever. what i really wanna hear is the original 213 demo tape, the one with 'long beach is a mutha' and that other cut that samled en vogue... that tape also had the one early 213 song that's floating around the internet... but damn idk if anyone has that tape anymore at all.

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 01:20:29 PM »
What u mean at least he got 2 rap on it? Hes part of the group how or y wouldnt he b on the album let alone all over the album (production and rappin) was dogghouse soulfood round the same time? That ended up on mixtapes and warren produced it and 4 a slow song it was cool and better than the other slow songs...there are 2 versions of this song...kokane, snoop, butch and everyone came thru on this banger but i agree warren shouldnt have agreed to the terms if he couldnt produce on it at least some

Dogg House Soul Food is more than a banger. Its one of the greatest for me.. Remember first time i heard it i was like daaaamn. LAtoiyas part the best one.

On Warren G produce a 213 album. Why?? They find better prodcers than G-Dubb. If they ever make a new 213 album i realy hope the are non Warren productions on it. He`s not that great of a producer anymore. He was back in the days but not now. They picked some bad beats on the hard way album, but if they choose the right beats for a new album i mutch rather would like to hear Hi-Tek, Battlecat, DJ Khalil amoungst others.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.