Author Topic: Why were there no Warren G beats on 'The Hard Way'?  (Read 1555 times)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Why were there no Warren G beats on 'The Hard Way'?
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
If you're asking if there's any 213 songs over a Warren G beat, then you don't know shit about 213 or Warren G.

I was talking about the hard way specifically....

Top of the head: favorite 213 songs of all time - Ain't No Fun and Groopie

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »
the reason warren g's beats and daz's too for that matter dont sound like they used to is becasue of the studios they recorded in and the access they had to studio musicians....those things arent as plentiful when you dont have the corperate machine behind your back.

as a matter of fact ill go as far to say that daz is a sham of a producer...if he dont have mike dean or soopafly turning the knobs for him his beats are hot garbage...

You make an excellent point. When Daz was at death row, he had allll the death row musicians. He had all the death row engineers and staff. He could have been getting advice from all of the producers in there. Who knows maybe people like LT Hutton and DJ Pooh did uncredited help on his beats. The staff at Death Row was incredible and that's why his beats from that era sound incredible. However, there were a ton of Daz beats from death row that sounded good... so he probably had something to do with them. Maybe he was just in a groove back then and did a great job of getting the sound he needed out of the musicians.

But Warren G... I thought that man did a lot on his own!! And plus many people will claim that he did ghost production on The Chronic and Doggystyle. The other day I found this interview on youtube, it was heavy D interviewing Warren G and the Twinz. And Heavy D said yo Warren I heard some of your production was on the Chronic, why don't you tell us about that? And warren was like yeaaa ummm i helped out on Stranded on Death Row... and yea... his voice trailed off. That was probably the moment he realized he wasn't supposed to be talking about it, haha.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2010, 08:17:29 PM »
he might b jealous and mad at dre 4 not takin him many walks n tha park when dre gave everyone and their mom a beat but not his brother-half or not
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 07:17:56 AM »
 I forgot about "dogg house soul food" awesoem track.
 Yeah all them 213 tracks on Warrens solo albums are good so taht makes it even harder to understand the no production from him on the 213 album.
 Then again, 10 Snoop albums and no Warren-g beats(cept of course maybe uncredited on doggystyle).
 Again, it was only a mix thape that Snoop actually put out a Snoop solo ovr a Warren-g beat.(was a good track).
 Hey, at least Warren-G produced a song on the "Bones' soundtrack(bangin beat by the way).
 Um, there was one Warren beat on teh first Eastsidaz album?
 Only other dope as fuck 213 track i rememebr got left off of "teh hard way" was "dollar dollar bill" not produced by Warren and that average track featuring Daz and Soopafly, again no Warren-G on the boards so i dont know where teh hell his songs ended up??

KEVIN RONIK

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2010, 07:26:05 AM »
ANOTHER SUMMER ON THE HARD WAY = ONE OF THE BEST SONGS OF ALL TIME.  KANYES BEAT WAS GREAT!!!  PROPS TO SNOOP FOR HOOKING THAT TRACK UP. 

Will_B

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2010, 12:01:30 PM »
Dollar Dollar Bill was Mike Dean btw :)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »
Theres 2 different versions of dollar dollar bill, were they both done by same person?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 01:22:33 PM »
Sure the beat is basically the same, isn't it?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 01:32:07 PM »
Think so jus want 2 make sure
Cube

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2010, 06:31:12 PM »
 Ddint know that was mike dean ey.

Will_B

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2010, 03:26:12 PM »
Dollar Dollar Bill was Mike Dean btw :)

I'll correct myself, the beat was done by Josef Leimberg - wcrydaz.com got it wrong I guess when they leaked the track.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »
whats mike dean up to these days
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Will_B

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 04:01:45 PM »
Think he's hooked up with Snoop again. 8) 8)

dexter

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »
Warren could have done some good album cuts, but the major standout track was "Joysticc"...that was a club banger that has somewhat been forgotten about but got hella play in 04-05, and it was surprisingly a MAJOR hit in South Florida...they even made a dance up for it LOL.
:o

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2010, 05:01:26 PM »
when was the last time warren made a good beat?  Snoop knew what he was doing leaving his beats off the album
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....