Author Topic: So Jay Z is the GOAT you tell me? let's take a look  (Read 3104 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: So Jay Z is the GOAT you tell me? let's take a look
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
you go by dominating they era's lyrically and hip hop influence "not that white man shit either haha" the bridge is over is a better song then take over, plus it ended a battle while the takeover was bested by ether yell

okay.........but Jay-Z has arguably dominated the hip hop industry more than anyone. That's the main reason a lot of people don't like him. I think ancient was talking on a purely lyrical level.

Jay-Z lost a battle against Nas. NAS. Is that something to be ashamed of? Krs-One lost to Nelly for crying out loud. Even the fact he started a beef with Nelly in the first place is an automatic L.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2010, 04:53:47 PM »
Yeah im talkin lyrically...but u think nelly won that battle? nelly was good 4 tha wack rapper he is...but krs got him not by much tho...and jay dominatin the game yeah he has wit wack commercial muzik
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2010, 09:21:43 PM »
Yeah im talkin lyrically...but u think nelly won that battle? nelly was good 4 tha wack rapper he is...but krs got him not by much tho...and jay dominatin the game yeah he has wit wack commercial muzik

Commercial isn't the same as wack. Big was commercial. Pac went commercial for All Eyez on Me and y'all loved him for it. Jay has his share of wack songs like every other artist. He also has 1 classic, two near classics, and several other good albums. The music is dope I don't see what the issue is. He isn't as lyrical as Nas but who is? Certainly not KRS-One. 

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
haha i dont luv pac for goin commercial and he did...i rarely or not at all listen to those commercial songs let alone jay-z commercial shit
but face soft songs>>>>jay-z soft songs
krs one soft songs>>>>>jay-z soft songs
nas soft songs>>>>>jay-z soft songs
rakim laid back songs>>>>jay-z laid back songs

jay tries to hard to shine on songs and act like hes spittin the best and better than everyone else

Commercial isn't the same as wack. Big was commercial. Pac went commercial for All Eyez on Me and y'all loved him for it. Jay has his share of wack songs like every other artist. He also has 1 classic, two near classics, and several other good albums. The music is dope I don't see what the issue is. He isn't as lyrical as Nas but who is? Certainly not KRS-One. 
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2010, 09:49:47 PM »
haha i dont luv pac for goin commercial and he did...i rarely or not at all listen to those commercial songs let alone jay-z commercial shit

jay tries to hard to shine on songs and act like hes spittin the best and better than everyone else

What's a "soft song"? Regardless I'd have to disagree, Jay has crafted some classic music.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »
my theory on this thread is that these scores are all going to vary in contrast to what year the poster started getting laid. some of yall got your first taste on the black album....hov been dropping hits for a minuite.

Reasonable Doubt - 4
Vol.1 - 3
Vol.2 - 3
Vol.3 - 3
Blueprint - 5
Blueprint 2 - 3
Black Album - 4.5
Kingdom Come -3
American Gangster -3.5
Blueprint 3 - 3

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »
a soft song is a female song/slower song
Jay-Z - La, La, La
excuse me miss
show me what you got

IMO those are wack...and jay goes from his hood shit to be a soft muffucca...before you come back yeah snoop and pac did it too...haha

What's a "soft song"? Regardless I'd have to disagree, Jay has crafted some classic music.
Cube

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2010, 09:59:51 PM »
Jay-Z - La, La, La
excuse me miss
show me what you got

IMO those are wack...and jay goes from his hood shit to be a soft muffucca...before you come back yeah snoop and pac did it too...haha

mecca why you be actin so damn phony over here ? they made you a mod and now your on some hip hop historian shit? stick to what you know famo....and i told you bishop wasnt commin out sucka!

COD OR NUTHIN!!!  DRETOX IS COMIN!!! haha damn!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:02:22 PM by K1NG PETEY »

mesa

« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2010, 10:27:19 PM »
young buc > jay z........ jay z > the entire west coast at the moment besides game.

Nega-Sikotic 3.5.

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2010, 10:30:19 PM »
young buc > jay z........ jay z > the entire west coast at the moment besides game.
[/quote

Game included, he aint doing the west coast any favors with "shake"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2010, 12:10:32 AM »
Jay-Z - La, La, La
excuse me miss
show me what you got

Lol, why would you compare rappers' tracks for the females? They all suck, no point in comparing bad tracks. But even then I'd have to say that Oochie Wally, Big Girl and Dr. Knockboots are worse than any of those songs you mentioned. Nas is possibly the worst at trying to make commercial tracks. But Nas best songs > Jay's best songs
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:14:14 AM by rapsodie is a hip hop elitist »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »
true jay-z is better or did make better club songs...not soft songs
but like you said nas at his best>>>>>jay at his best

Jay-Z - La, La, La
excuse me miss
show me what you got

Lol, why would you compare rappers' tracks for the females? They all suck, no point in comparing bad tracks. But even then I'd have to say that Oochie Wally, Big Girl and Dr. Knockboots are worse than any of those songs you mentioned. Nas is possibly the worst at trying to make commercial tracks. But Nas best songs > Jay's best songs
Cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2010, 01:14:53 PM »
Jay is overrated, but only when brought up in the Top 5 talk. He's still one of the greats though.

Nobody else from his class of Hip Hop is selling records; Nas sells, but not like him. Snoop is nothing today. Cube don't sell. Jay's remained relevant through the changes of Hip Hop & hasn't sold out ridiculous; you gotta respect that.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2010, 01:26:45 PM »
true jay-z is better or did make better club songs...not soft songs
but like you said nas at his best>>>>>jay at his best

right, but I'm not saying Jay-Z is better than Nas, I'm saying he's a great hip hop artist. Nas is one of my favorite rappers and imo there's very very few out there who can see him at his best. Cham put it perfectly, he's only overrated when he's mentioned in the top 5. He's still one of the greats and he deserves his props for all the classic music he's put out over the years.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2010, 02:38:02 PM »
Yeah he sells cuz he makes teenager muzik..course he gon sell....be thankful krs, rakim, wc arent doin teenager muzik...he shouldnt hit top 10 plus a bonus 2 = 12...dont care what hes sold what hes done he cant and never will b able 2 b o rakims lyrical level...if krs one, rakim or even wc had sold more theyd b talked about differently and n a more positive way
Cube