Author Topic: "the Knicks will either trade for Carmelo this year or sign him next year"  (Read 460 times)

OG Hack Wilson

I've been hearing this thrown around a lot on Fox Sports and when you think about it, they got all this $$$ to spend

I think he may be a good fit in the big apple since the guy is very marketable and would clearly be a max player in NYK...even if it's with the PRingles guy as coach
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 08:38:07 PM by Hans Moleman »
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
so what's the plan, they are going to stay with an utterly horrible team for one more year? :D

L
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Carmelo would fit great in NY. His a kind of player than New York would love, he would keep his team as a number 1-3 seed for throughout his prime, and every year his team would get it's heart broken by LeBron's team. Overall, his a perfect Knick, right in the mold of those 80's-90's Patrick Ewing teams. Of course, IF they ever win a title with Carmelo, he'd be immortalized in history with New York being the largest market. Those early 70's Knicks are still talked about today, and one title would mean Carmelo would be the King of NY. This trade has to happen this year. We should make it happen.

theremedy360

^ Carmelo's great, but he's gonna need help on that shithole team to contend. His Nuggets got eliminated by the Jazz despite their great roster, he's not gonna turn them into a playoff contender overnight.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
if the Knicks are able to sign Amar'e to a max contract, will they be able to afford to Carmelo as well?

and how do you guys think the Amar'e-Melo duo would do?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

if the Knicks are able to sign Amar'e to a max contract, will they be able to afford to Carmelo as well?

It sure would be fun to be one of the other 3 players on that starting 5 lol. I wonder if you can start...play a whole game...and not even get to touch the ball once?
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
its hard to believe melo would leave to a horrible team, i dont see him leaving unless its to a contender if not its better for him to stay in denver, he'll have a better chance winning a ring there than the knicks even if they do get stout.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

its hard to believe melo would leave to a horrible team, i dont see him leaving unless its to a contender if not its better for him to stay in denver, he'll have a better chance winning a ring there than the knicks even if they do get stout.

Think of it like this though. If the Knicks make a couple moves, and Melo is one of those moves...they very well could be as good as the Nuggets are now, or better. If Melo leaves the Nuggets, they arent shit. He drastically changes either squad. Plus he's a Baltimore guy...he might wanna be back on the Eastcoast. If I had to chose between playing/living in NY or Denver...lol Easy choice...fuck Denver.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss

Think of it like this though. If the Knicks make a couple moves, and Melo is one of those moves...they very well could be as good as the Nuggets are now, or better. If Melo leaves the Nuggets, they arent shit. He drastically changes either squad. Plus he's a Baltimore guy...he might wanna be back on the Eastcoast. If I had to chose between playing/living in NY or Denver...lol Easy choice...fuck Denver.

yea of course, but assuming bron n wade r going to different teams i dont think melo + another superstar is gonna have much to choose from.

considering that most wanna play with wade or bron.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Amare and Carmelo are perfect for each other and perfect for the Knicks.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

I could be wrong, but I think they have room for 2 max contracts.

OG Hack Wilson

yep

amare and carmelo would be the best duo in NYK history since ewing starks
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

yep

amare and carmelo would be the best duo in NYK history since ewing starks

Willis Reed and Walt Frazier weren't a bad combo themselves. In the end though, Carmelo and Amare are the perfect Knicks, they are entertaining, they are great athletes and they wouldn't win an NBA title, but they will get close. They are the Knicks in a nutshell, other than that Reed/Frazier/Bradley team.

OG Hack Wilson

i said SINCE ewing and starks ;)