Author Topic: DJ Quik - Streetz Iz Callin' (Swallow Me Remix) info.  (Read 571 times)

2face09

• 'G'
DJ Quik - Streetz Iz Callin' (Swallow Me Remix) info.
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »
So i have the original version of this song and its fresh. now recently i heard this Swallow Me Remix and it had a beat that reminded me of that baby face song Suga Suga and it made me feel like  8)
the version i heard was a clean version. i was just wondering what anyone knew about this remix. where is it from? did quik produce it? was it supposed to sound like Suga Suga or am i trippin? does a dirty version exist?
and also i would like to know if anyone has a link to download it? i would prefer a dirty version, but anything would be dope. thanks a lot ahead of time!

MarshColin

Re: DJ Quik - Streetz Iz Callin' (Swallow Me Remix) info.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 12:18:27 AM »
What you have is a fanmade remix/mashup. Swallow Me can be heard at the beginning of one of the songs on Under Tha Influence. It remains unleaked to this day, but the instrumental was released on a b-side to a promo from around that same time that also had an unreleased Quik track called Fuck Tha Police on it.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
What you have is a fanmade remix/mashup. Swallow Me can be heard at the beginning of one of the songs on Under Tha Influence. It remains unleaked to this day, but the instrumental was released on a b-side to a promo from around that same time that also had an unreleased Quik track called Fuck Tha Police on it.

Do you mean the song "One On 1" featuring El DeBarge? I always wondered what the name of the song is, that plays at the beginning. So it's still unreleased... Do you have the instrumental version you talked about?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 07:59:21 AM »
Streetz Iz Callin' is a brilliantly-made fucking masterpiece. Does anyone have it in cdq?

The way he raps on that shit is just too smooth. OG shit.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

MarshColin

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 08:33:22 AM »
Streetz Iz Callin' is a brilliantly-made fucking masterpiece. Does anyone have it in cdq?

The way he raps on that shit is just too smooth. OG shit.

W

It was released on Best of Quik Da Finale

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 09:03:55 AM »
oh ok word thanks for the info homie. when i heard it i did think it sounded kinda dirty, but i was hoping that it was a real son none the less haha. oh well. thanks again

MarshColin

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 01:06:38 PM »

Do you mean the song "One On 1" featuring El DeBarge? I always wondered what the name of the song is, that plays at the beginning. So it's still unreleased... Do you have the instrumental version you talked about?

Yup that's the one. I don't have it anymore, lost some shit on a hard drive a few years back. A quick google search found it though. Check part 10.

http://instrodepot.com/?page_id=4780

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 03:27:51 AM »
props to you!

+1
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Paul

funkyfreshintheflesh

2face09

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 06:23:27 PM »
thanks for the link bro  ;D

MarshColin

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 08:19:36 AM »
Anybody have the higher quality instrumental? I know it was out in better because there was a grouprip for the promo.

Twisted Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SCISSOR-HANDS NIGGA, SLICIN' LIKE BLANCA!!!

Don't Waste Time Hating on Kurupt just because he gets the Appreciation that you think YOUR favorite artist deserves. You should try being more Positive about Life and Post about things that YOU LIKE instead of Whining Like a BITCH. Convert All That Hate into Positive Energy to Promote YOUR # 1 Artist. MUTHAFUCCA!