Author Topic: OH MY GOD, NAS'S NEW ALBUM IS AMAZING!!  (Read 989 times)

Jome

Re:OH MY GOD, NAS'S NEW ALBUM IS AMAZING!!
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2002, 02:07:50 PM »
The jury has been on the case, and here's the final verdict:

CLASSIC
1: Illmatic

DOPE
2: Lost Tapes
3: Stillmatic
4: God son

2 & 3 is extremely close.. and 4 is pretty close to 3.
I just feel that Stillmatic had a better edge/finish than God Son.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2002, 07:05:22 AM »

CLASSIC

DOPE

I just feel that
Stillmatic had a better edge/finish than God Son.

The Lost Tapes i feel was crap, it had some really messed up beats, just didnt sound right, apart from that i agree with your ratings.

bez

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2002, 08:00:41 AM »

CLASSIC

DOPE

I just feel that
Stillmatic had a better edge/finish than God Son.

The Lost Tapes i feel was crap, it had some really messed up beats, just didnt sound right, apart from that i agree with your ratings.

I totally disagree about the lost tapes, I think it was a great album, lyrics and the beats where superb and I always bump it, purple IMO is one of the best track ever by anyone, Love everything about it.

As for God's Son I picked it up today and so far its dope, most tracks on it are dope, oh and mines got the cross on it and I got the bonus disk, UK!

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2002, 08:02:53 AM »
CLASSIC

DOPE

I just feel that Stillmatic had a better edge/finish than God Son.

As of right now that's how I feel and the "dope" albums will be classics.  I gave The Lost Tapes a serious listen the other night and I can't find anything wrong with it.  I wouldn't change anything about it or wouldn't take off any tracks and there's not many albums I can say that about.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2002, 11:44:28 AM »
Copped the UK version of "God's Son" today, including the bonus disk. I'm thinking of selling the version I got from play.com (for about £8) so if anyone is interested get at me through a PM.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2002, 08:40:06 PM »
I'm glad Nas didn't disappoint like a lot of other rappers did with their albums this year.  I'd give 5's to 'The cross' and 'Dance' and a 4-4.5 for 'Get down' and 'Last real nigga alive'.  

BTW....my CD HAS the cross AND the bonus CD.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2002, 11:48:28 PM »
I was joking on the Lost TApes post that i made, it isnt crap, its really dope.

Instant_Killa

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2002, 11:49:25 PM »
I'm glad Nas didn't disappoint like a lot of other rappers did with their albums this year.  I'd give 5's to 'The cross' and 'Dance' and a 4-4.5 for 'Get down' and 'Last real nigga alive'.  

BTW....my CD HAS the cross AND the bonus CD.

yea Nas isnt a dissapointing rapper, in most of his albums, he tries to stay consistent with his quality

peace

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2002, 04:37:23 AM »
The one thing I love about Nas's music is (you can look at this as an advantage or a disadvantage) that it's so comfortable to listen to, it's like some peoples music you need to give a very hard listening to, it may take a few months for you to appreciate it and at times I find that frustrating and move onto someone else's material, but with Nas I find I enjoy his work from the very first listen, it's easy listening. BUT I did find when I first got "Illmatic" it took me a while to fully appreciate it, but I was very young back then so thats no suprise really.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2002, 05:02:03 AM »
The one thing I love about Nas's music is (you can look at this as an advantage or a disadvantage) that it's so comfortable to listen to, it's like some peoples music you need to give a very hard listening to, it may take a few months for you to appreciate it and at times I find that frustrating and move onto someone else's material, but with Nas I find I enjoy his work from the very first listen, it's easy listening. BUT I did find when I first got "Illmatic" it took me a while to fully appreciate it, but I was very young back then so thats no suprise really.

Here I agree with u 100%, NAS's music is very very acsessable, first and for all thanx to his amazing vocal skillz...dude's vocalz is simply unfadeable, flow delivery, voice, simply perfect....even when his lyricz suck cat's ass, it's very easy to let it go, thanx to his vocalz, deluding yourself into believing that the overly poetic, unclear and blured shit u'z hearing is just something deep you aren't worthy of understanding....
on this note, I would also like to mention his exadurated poetisizing, which helped him overcome his lyrical disabillities in the structural and conceptual ereaz....NAS at his best, when he ueses his full poetsial, like it showes on Illmatic and Lost Tapes, is prolly one of the greatest artists of our time, but untill not long ago, these moments(when NAS got to his best) were numbered, Im happy to see him going in the right direction despite all the bad choices he's made.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2002, 05:19:53 AM »
even when his lyricz suck cat's ass, it's very easy to let it go, thanx to his vocalz, deluding yourself into believing that the overly poetic, unclear and blured shit u'z hearing is just something deep you aren't worthy of understanding....

Lol, I have to admit I do agree with you to some point here, but I honestly do feel I understand the content of "One Mic", but yeah, sometimes I do have moments where i'm listening to him and i'm like 'did that actually make any sense at all', but I do consider him a great lyricist and a deep one at that the majority of the time. But there are ALOT of other MC's that do this too, namely Ras Kass, but he is still regarded as one of the best ever by most. I think this is why I consider 2Pac to be the all round best MC because although at times his lyrics were simplistic they always made sense, he never just blabbed on, using big words and senseless shit to make himself look like a real lyricist.
Props on giving Nas props though, I kind of always thought you were one of those stubborn Jigga fans, you just proved me wrong.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2002, 06:13:58 AM »
even when his lyricz suck cat's ass, it's very easy to let it go, thanx to his vocalz, deluding yourself into believing that the overly poetic, unclear and blured shit u'z hearing is just something deep you aren't worthy of understanding....
I kind of always thought you were one of those stubborn Jigga fans, you just proved me wrong.

NA homie, Im just trying to be objective and see the full picture, even if sometimes it means I have to nearly hate on certain rappers, I just can't stand unconditional love when it comes to music, although even I have exceptions. Im happy not to disapoint you ;).
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2002, 09:53:13 AM »

That's how I feel too, I have a good feel for God's Son already.  And it took my awhile to get that way with Illmatic too.  At Illmatic's first few listens I didn't really see all the hype around it.  But once you get a good feel for Illmatic you should realize what a gem it is.

Suga Foot

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2002, 10:34:14 AM »
God's son Is a dope album.  But It ain't touching Stillmatic. IMO.

bez

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2002, 11:28:31 AM »
I still dont feel Illmatic, shes way to old school for my liking, but I will have to listen to it more and more.