Author Topic: CD singles  (Read 79 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
CD singles
« on: December 12, 2002, 08:59:33 PM »
What ever happened to singles (cassette or CD)?  Any song you heard on the radio always had a single that had an insturmental, radio, street and remix versions of the song...

tnp

Re:CD singles
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 09:50:53 PM »
Yeah I miss those singles from the early 90s, because they always used to have some special reason to buy them (remix or unreleased song). Ice Cube, MC Eiht, Death Row, Spice 1, Above the Law, Eazy E, King Tee, Cypress Hill, Warren G all used to put out dope singles that I anticipated as much as the actual albums. I still see singles all the time because I buy vinyl but on them they only have LP, radio, instrumental and a capella on there. I remember going to Tower every Monday and picking up a new single or singles because there was always reason to. Now when I go to Tower and look at the singles I never see West Coast artists and the only singles worth buying are vinyl radio promo material that has "promo-do not resale" stamped on it or early 90s singles if you can find them. Too bad, there are great songs existing only on singles but I don't know why artists don't put out singles like they used to.

tnp