Author Topic: Kelly Rowland - "Stole"  (Read 175 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

Kelly Rowland - "Stole"
« on: December 15, 2002, 05:26:43 AM »
Has anybody heard this song yet? All I can say is WOW. This song is deep, I don't know where I can find the lyrics but when you do hear it listen to them, some of the realest lyrics you will ever hear. She lays some very nice vocals down too, people always give Beyonce props when it comes to DC but she holds her own with this song. I think it's gonna be a big hit too.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Kaidy

Re:Kelly Rowland - "Stole"
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 08:37:03 AM »
Nah I'm not really feelin that one myself player. I like she tried to talk about a real issue in the song but to be honest it sounds corny and contrived to me, like she doesn't really give a shit what she's singing about, she's just trying to be 'relevant'.

Have u seen the video? When I saw the fake tears in that I was like uhhh, go back to singing about bug-a-boos or whatever.

just my opinion  8)

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 01:42:53 PM »
Dope Song, and a dope video.  The scenery in the video is beautiful too.  I wonder where that video was shot?  o wait, I remember, It was shot in Vancouver!  lol.

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 03:40:49 PM »
Very true video....very sad but true...

Vibe said it a 1.5/5 mic album ...menaing wack......thats sad

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 11:51:51 PM »
I downloaded her album... MOST of the album isn't that good, and that sucks, because I like Kelly, she's a really cool girl from what I can tell.  this song is probably the highlight of it (with 'Dilemma').  I like it, it's pretty good... I'd say this one's like a 8 or 8.5.. the whole album is like a 6.  Most of it has pretty cheap sounding production, and the songs are just kinda plain, nothing special or dynamic.

This song though, I always listen to when I listen through the album, she does a good job with it, and the hook is pretty good.  Peace~

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2002, 03:54:59 AM »
I downloaded her album... MOST of the album isn't that good, and that sucks, because I like Kelly, she's a really cool girl from what I can tell.  this song is probably the highlight of it (with 'Dilemma').  I like it, it's pretty good... I'd say this one's like a 8 or 8.5.. the whole album is like a 6.  Most of it has pretty cheap sounding production, and the songs are just kinda plain, nothing special or dynamic.

This song though, I always listen to when I listen through the album, she does a good job with it, and the hook is pretty good.  Peace~

Yeah? I don't plan on buying her album or anything but this song caught my attention from the very first listen, the lyrics are kind of hard hitting, i'd say it sums up the problems young people experience these days and most of us can relate to something talked about in that song. I saw the video the other day too, suits the song, I like it. It was coo' to see her wearing that 2Pac/Big top too.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.