Author Topic: Moby battered by Eminem fans  (Read 356 times)

Woodrow

Moby battered by Eminem fans
« on: December 12, 2002, 09:27:51 PM »
By EMILY SMITH
Deputy Bizarre Editor

CHART superstar Moby was rushed to hospital after being beaten up — by two thugs believed to be Eminem fans.

A hooded man posing as an autograph-hunter ambushed the dance idol from behind, punched him in the head and broke his glasses as he left a gig.

The other thug squirted a doorman with Mace pepper spray — which can cause breathing difficulties — before the pair ran off.

Moby, 37 — who has had a long-running feud with rap hero Eminem — suffered serious cuts and bruises and needed stitches.

The pint-sized star said: “All of a sudden I was attacked. A man punched me from behind and I had no idea what was going on.

“After being punched in the head from behind a few times I turned around and he then punched me in the face a couple of times and then they ran away.

“So now I’m sitting here bloody and beaten up and waiting to file a police report.”

The bald star, who has made millions from his album Play, last night revealed on his website details of the attack outside the Paradise Club in Boston.

Moby said: “I’m very curious as to why these men would coordinate an attack on me?

“I am hardly the most physically threatening person.

“If anyone sees me in the next couple of weeks and I have some big bruises or stitches on my face, well at least you know why.

“I’m not angry, I don’t feel vindictive.

“I just hope that at some point in these guys’ lives they come to realise that hurting other people is wrong.”

Moby angered Eminem fans when he called the rapper a misogynist and a homophobe. There is no suggestion Eminem was involved in the attack.

Boston police spokesman Mariellen Burns said: “Moby was signing autographs when he was approached by a white male wearing a green hooded sweatshirt.

“When the performer turned to the suspect he began hitting him with a clenched fist about the face and head.

“The doorman was struck by pepper spray by a second suspect.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2002571983,00.html

« Last Edit: December 12, 2002, 09:28:05 PM by Engel-Rock »

The Watcher

Re:Moby battered by Eminem fans
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 10:10:08 PM »
ah, thats fucked up
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 10:19:56 PM »
They never said they were eminem fans, LOL.  WTF?  They're just making this up.  Eminem fans would never do that, and there's no proof... I mean, just because he gets beat up, they assume the Guys were Eminem fans? Seriously, LOL.  What do they think Eminem fans are? That's an insult to their intelligence, they're not that rabid.

Now, Michael Jackson fans, on the other hand.... They were obviously Michael Jackson fans, just at the billboard awards, Moby said Mike oughta have his kids taken away.  That's why he got his little bisexual ass kicked.  But I have no evidence or anything to contribute to authorities, so don't send them back my way, I already told them everything I know.  

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 10:21:05 PM »
LMAO^^^

Kaidy

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 12:56:50 AM »
LOL thats a dumb article. Trust The Sun to print some remedial shit like that, anything to make people think rap is causing the end of the world.

NOBODY LISTENS TO TECHNO!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2002, 04:20:42 AM »
Thats hella wrong to label them Eminem fans, that isn't factual at all, oh just because he was wearing a hoodie he's automatically a rap fan and as he's a rap fan and mad at Moby he MUST be an Eminem fan, there's no question about it  ::). So what if they are Em fans though, if thats their excuse their fucked up to begin with, i'm an Em fan but i'd never beat someone just because he may have beef with them, thats pathetic. And anyways, didn't Em and Moby squash this at the European MTV awards?

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2002, 07:46:00 PM »
yea i heard about this. It happened at a place i have seen a few hip hop shows at..

Instant_Killa

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2002, 08:14:09 PM »
thsts messed i feel sorry for moby

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2002, 11:04:11 PM »
They never said they were eminem fans, LOL.  WTF?  They're just making this up.  Eminem fans would never do that, and there's no proof... I mean, just because he gets beat up, they assume the Guys were Eminem fans? Seriously, LOL.  What do they think Eminem fans are? That's an insult to their intelligence, they're not that rabid.

Now, Michael Jackson fans, on the other hand.... They were obviously Michael Jackson fans, just at the billboard awards, Moby said Mike oughta have his kids taken away.  That's why he got his little bisexual ass kicked.  But I have no evidence or anything to contribute to authorities, so don't send them back my way, I already told them everything I know.  
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2002, 12:46:18 AM »
HAHaahaa sad but funny!

Black Pack

• Lil Geezy
  • whaat?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2002, 01:07:32 AM »
They have no proof it was Eminem fans. Infact, there's no reason to mention Eminem at all in that article. It could have been anybody...

"Blew the whole shit up on some 'what this button do ?'" - MF Doom
"Ignorance is an option, not genetic"-Aphter LyphE7

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2002, 06:49:10 PM »
LMFAO!!!

Sub-Z

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2002, 10:43:04 PM »
i wouldnt doubt that they were eminem fans,i mean eminem fans are pretty stupid as we all know

Jome

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2002, 08:22:55 PM »
LMAO @ Trauma.

MidoriHaze

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2002, 09:10:23 PM »
It'll be interesting to see how/if Eminem responds to this. I personally don't like Moby, but something like that shouldn't have happened. However I did find this part of the article amusing, "I’m not angry, I don’t feel vindictive." How could Moby, the modern day "Ghandi", not though?

Posted by: =[Euthanasia]= Posted on: December 13, 2002, 08:38:42 PM
And anyways, didn't Em and Moby squash this at the European MTV awards?

Really? I didn't hear about that, what happened there?
"People in New York won't bug you. It's so great." - John Lennon (RIP)