Author Topic: Here's the VERDICT: WC's Ghetto Heisman  (Read 1114 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Here's the VERDICT: WC's Ghetto Heisman
« on: December 12, 2002, 09:48:32 PM »
WC – Ghetto Heisman

1. Intro
2. Bellin’…Smooth, gangsta beat.  WC lays down 3 tight verses and Kokane appears for a decent sounding hook.  4/5
3. The streets…Overall, a radio-friendly sounding track.  WC flows well on his two verses and Snoop appears to twist some dope rhymes.  Nate Dogg provides the perfect hook.  4.5/5
4. Fake niggas…insert
5. So hard…Slow, head noddin’ production.  I love WC’s lingering drunken sounding chorus.  Scarface sounds at home rapping to this beat.  Both set it off.  4/5
6. Flirt…Simple, but effective production.  The whistle effect sounds great.  Dubb sounds great on the mic and Case puts the touch on the track with a fitting hook.  4/5
7. 187um burgers…insert
8. Walk…Straight gangsta production from Battlecat.  It’s a Westside connection song featuring Ice Cube and Mack 10.  Cube WC and Mack 10 provide the hook which is dope as hell.  A tight verse from each.  4/5
9. Tears of a killa…WC reflects on different aspects of life, relating everything to his life.  Butch Cassidy sings a heartfelt hook.  4/5
10.   Da get together…Uptempo party track.  Dubb’s vocals sound perfect on the tight ass west coast beat.  Butch Cassidy appears for another great hook.  4/5
11.   Throw ya hood up…Nice production which fits the delivery of the hook really well, but it doesn’t really fit the actual verses.  Toothpick helps WC out on the chorus and comes off well.  3.5/5
12.   Wanna ride…The production is nothing exceptional, but MC Ren’s vocals alone make this track a winner.  Ice Cube also has some tight lines.  4/5
13.   Bang loose…WC rips the mic on this one, however the production isn’t the best and the hook is lacking.  Guest rappers Dr. Stank and Dauville are nothing new, but Lady T lays down a tight ass verse.  3.5/5
14.   Get out…WC disses bitches on this track.  Production is average, but the chorus gets annoying.  3/5
15.   Let’s make a deal…Production has a cool little touch of a reggae sound to it.  Both WC and Lina come off tight and Lina caps it off with a great hook.  4/5
16.   Something 2 live 4…The production has a nice old school feel.  WC spits 3 verses as a story unfolds about his daughter being kidnapped with a sad ending.  Great story telling ability displayed.  4.5/5

OVERALL…4/5

As always, WC comes off with tight flow and delivery.  He keeps it gangsta, but the subject matter is not limited to “the usual”.  Quality production is present throughout the album giving it great replay value.  Solid west coast album.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Here's the VERDICT: WC's Ghetto Heisman
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:47:54 PM »
up

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 09:50:59 AM »
I don't like the album as much as his previous releases but it was still one of the best releases last year.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 07:27:16 PM »
walk, wanna ride, are 5/5 tracks ....i thought the album was pretty damn good...8.5/10

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2003, 11:59:21 AM »
Bang Loose was hard as hell 2 me...Dr. Stank's verse was hella tite, he says dumb shet but his delivery is too raw.

Immortal

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 02:52:14 PM »
its an alright album

good review tho
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 04:16:40 PM »
I think that Tha Streets deserves a 5/5 8)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2003, 08:08:23 AM »
Yeah, it's a very good WestCoast album.
Except for that track "Da get together"...to me, it sounds like a track that W.C. didn't really wanted to make but that Def Jam wanted him to make.  ::)

But overall: VERY hot beats & good lyrics.

Bigg AG

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2003, 02:27:49 AM »
I think that Tha Streets deserves a 5/5 8)

;)

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 06:22:20 PM »
i've been bumpin this shit a lot lately...its dope and never gets old...maybe a 9.25 now that i think....tha get together is hella tight...at least 5-6 tracks are 5/5...only 1 skipper...(the track with the whistling...its annoying)